40 and going downhill! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 06:26 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
40 and going downhill!

No, I'm not talking about speed damn it! But age. Not sure what is going on at the moment but my memory seems to be going downhill.

Today, I thought I'd make an interesting comparison of my new Scorpion exhaust with the DB killer in and out. Starting with it in, set my nice new Drift Ghost -S up using my smart little Audio Technica Mic which is a damn good conference mic. Press record, do a little speech and rev the nackers off the bike, thinking how good it sounded. Then I uninstalled the exhaust and remove DB killer, reassemble, set record and off I go demonstrating the difference. Feeling proud and putting bike and tools away I left for the laptop only to edit creating the intro only realize I hadn't switched the mic on!

Am I allowed to say bastard on here?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 07:03 AM

Garage
Not sure if that falls under old age. I put it in the CRS (Can't Remeber ****) catagory. Some days are better than others. At least this time you did not end up with "spare" parts...
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 08:12 AM

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 08:40 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Ah, to be 40 again. Those were the days.

You know your getting old when 40 year old women look HOT!

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-20-2014, 09:02 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Ah yes. Growing old is crap. My problem is that I think I'm still 40-ish stuck in a 69 year old body with the memory of a 100 year old! Makes for some very interesting experiences.

It's something like - Oh, I can still do "that." Whatever "that" is then fails, but I can't remember why I was trying to do "that" in the first place.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post

And 20 somethings look like "kids"!

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 11:29 AM

When I ride with a tank bag, it obviously need to be taken off and set aside to fill up the gas tank. Twice in the past year I been concentrating on my trip, in a hurry to get going, etc. and have left the the tank bag sitting on top of a gas pump as I obliviously go on my way. The last time I didn't notice for about 15 miles. Both times the bag was recovered from clerks at C-Stores who no doubt thought I was an escapee from a rest home for senior motorcycle riders.
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 11:52 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Not to worry. You're not officially old until you you take a bath and your balls float to the top of the water.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
When I ride with a tank bag, it obviously need to be taken off and set aside to fill up the gas tank. Twice in the past year I been concentrating on my trip, in a hurry to get going, etc. and have left the the tank bag sitting on top of a gas pump as I obliviously go on my way. The last time I didn't notice for about 15 miles. Both times the bag was recovered from clerks at C-Stores who no doubt thought I was an escapee from a rest home for senior motorcycle riders.
Bill - and you SHARED this story... WHY...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Not to worry. You're not officially old until you you take a bath and your balls float to the top of the water.
That way they're company for my "rubber duckies"...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 03:04 PM
MTS

40 lol enjoy kid!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by MTS; 07-21-2014 at 03:08 PM.
post #11 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 03:41 PM

If you're over the hump you should be picking up speed
post #12 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-21-2014, 05:48 PM

[QUOTE=fasteddiecopeman;656458]Bill - and you SHARED this story... WHY...?

I don't know. I can't remember.
post #13 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 12:46 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post

I've always thought 40 year women looked hot. Got a right boner over my mates mother when I was a kid!
post #14 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 05:28 AM

My doctor gave me a prescription to help my memory but I keep forgetting to take it!
post #15 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 07:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKKPhil View Post
I've always thought 40 year women looked hot. Got a right boner over my mates mother when I was a kid!
Ditto, I used to always invite myself over to one of my friend's house after school for some 'cookies and milf'.

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #16 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
Now that's funny! My father used to say that his memory was the second thing to fail him. When asked what the first was, he'd laugh and say he couldn't remember. I used to think that was stupid - not any longer.

But I do remember, many, many, many years ago, he left my brother at a gas station during a cross country trip. We didn't miss him for about 15 minutes. Well, I did but I didn't say anything because I had the whole back seat to myself. The bad part was we went back for him! I thought he was a real little pain in the a$$.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #17 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 10:37 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BKKPhil View Post

Reminds me of when i was racing for a shop a group of us were hanging out at the counter and the guy working there asks me and my brother if we knew a certain (Hot) teacher at our high school. My brother chimes in with a graphic description of how he would have loved to plow her field. All of a sudden a guy there named Jeff chuckled and said "Thats My Mom" Well my brother looked like he crapped his pants and Jeff said thats okay all my friends want to F--- My Mom.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #18 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 11:30 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
I just tried to remember being 40....

I THINK disco was big then (and I HATED disco!)....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #19 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-22-2014, 05:15 PM

These days, one too many times, I find myself going upstairs at my house and after climbing the stairs and getting there, going "WTF did I come up here for?"

Or the opposite, exactly the time I get to the bottom floor, remembering I needed to bring something from upstairs...

Getting old ain't for sissy's, but it beats the alternative in my book!

Ride to live, live to ride.
2009 Kawasaki Versys
2010 Yamaha YZ 250F
2008 Honda CRF 450
2006 Honda CR 250R
I've owned a Maico.
post #20 of 20 (permalink) Old 07-23-2014, 07:03 AM

Garage
Well now, I'm mid forties. It just occured to me 4 months after my birthday that I am mid forties. I think about being old when I have to put on the "old man" glasses to read something. That said I enjoyed getting on the bike to come to work last night. Nice cool 25 mile ride to work. Age did not matter..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode