Canada Day - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Canada Day

Happy C'day fellow canucks. I'm celebrating by going for a ride that will no doubt include a hoolie blast of speed (at least the ton!), drop by a friend's place then home for beer and bbq. After dark I will take a lawn chair down the laneway past the trees and watch the fireworks over the town. Life is very good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Sounds like a "plan"...!

Me TOO!!!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Cool, I can see Canada from my house............

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 01:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Maple Leaf is flying at my house today, as it does every July 1.

Happy Canada Day, eh?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	canada.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	49.9 KB
ID:	50746  

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 02:20 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
e1a514d706d9ba361563c4d9a0117553 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 04:00 PM

Happy Canada Day all.

We celebrated by taking my Son on his first motorcycle ride around the neighbourhood today. He wanted to go on our Goldwing though and not the Versys. Maybe next time.

Falling down is your bodies way of saying you just screwed up.

IBA# 38547

Last edited by cuff; 07-01-2014 at 06:06 PM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 04:48 PM
MTS

YES. . CONGRATS!

Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Bodybuilder.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	50754  

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by MTS; 07-01-2014 at 04:51 PM.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 05:42 PM

Garage
Happy Canada Day.

Always trust your cape.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 07:55 PM

Happy Canada Day!

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Maple Leaf is flying at my house today, as it does every July 1.

Happy Canada Day, eh?
Thanks Bones! Not too many Americans are aware that Canada's birthday is just three days before the US one.

MANY years ago I was operating an evening flight from Toronto to Chicago on July 1. Clear as a bell weather, and I could see this HUGE metropolitan area below me w/ fireworks in ALL quadrants, but I thought we were over Detroit, so the fireworks were confusing.

I asked the controller IF it was Detroit doing the fireworks, and his reply was that fireworks are done pretty much each day from the 1st to the 4th.

I thought that was pretty cool...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Thanks Bones! Not too many Americans are aware that Canada's birthday is just three days before the US one.

MANY years ago I was operating an evening flight from Toronto to Chicago on July 1. Clear as a bell weather, and I could see this HUGE metropolitan area below me w/ fireworks in ALL quadrants, but I thought we were over Detroit, so the fireworks were confusing.

I asked the controller IF it was Detroit doing the fireworks, and his reply was that fireworks are done pretty much each day from the 1st to the 4th.

I thought that was pretty cool...!

If it was Detroit it was just Gang Gunfire....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
If it was Detroit it was just Gang Gunfire....
Joe - I did NOT think of THAT!!!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-03-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I have lots of friends in Canada. A couple of them even made me an honourary Canadian and I have the Tim Horton's Card to prove it!

I sang O' Canada around a campfire one night in Calabogie, Ontario. One of the others there was going on about how Americans know nothing of Canada and when he came up for air I said I knew a fair amount about his country, including the national anthem. I was dared to prove it, which I did. I have heard O' Canada countless times at hockey games and I sang with appropriate reverence. Half way through there were a few Canadians singing with me.

That flag in my photo was attached to my tent at a rally in Connecticut a few years ago. One friend from Ontario and another from Quebec conspired to put it there while I was out for a ride. Now I fly the flag at my house on Canada Day and any time when I have a Canadian house guest. Not bad, eh?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1358 (Large).jpg
Views:	38
Size:	83.0 KB
ID:	51114  

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-04-2014, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Bones - "...well, take-off eh, Hoser!"

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 07-05-2014, 07:03 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
I have lots of friends in Canada. A couple of them even made me an honourary Canadian and I have the Tim Horton's Card to prove it!

I sang O' Canada around a campfire one night in Calabogie, Ontario. One of the others there was going on about how Americans know nothing of Canada and when he came up for air I said I knew a fair amount about his country, including the national anthem. I was dared to prove it, which I did. I have heard O' Canada countless times at hockey games and I sang with appropriate reverence. Half way through there were a few Canadians singing with me.

That flag in my photo was attached to my tent at a rally in Connecticut a few years ago. One friend from Ontario and another from Quebec conspired to put it there while I was out for a ride. Now I fly the flag at my house on Canada Day and any time when I have a Canadian house guest. Not bad, eh?
Cool story Bones. I agree that you are indeed an honourary hoser. Congratulations, and thanks for your yearly salute to us.
Calabogie eh? (see what I did there?). Some nice roads around there. I'd like to do a track day there at CMP, too.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode