Harley Ejector Seat - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 09:59 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Harley Ejector Seat

Riding up the 5 with my buddy and his wife. They hit a dip in the road and see gets lifted off her seat........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9qA...SSyPVjUdRIRZdQ

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 07-01-2014 at 10:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 10:49 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Riding up the 5 with my buddy and his wife. They hit a dip in the road and see gets lifted off her seat........https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T9qA...SSyPVjUdRIRZdQ
The camera guy on an FJR?

The Missus and I were traveling rural West Virginia when we came upon a section of road where they had cut out numerous sections of asphalt, with some of them 5" deep.

Ever see a GL1800 Gold wing get "launched" ??? It was quite an experience.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 10:57 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Good Job catching that on video Joe. Had a very similar experience last year on my Harley 48 which had about 1 1/2'' of rear suspension. I hit an expansion gap on a bridge just like that. I usually ride where a cars tires are as I have heard the center of the lanes tend to have more oil and road debris...well expansion gaps get dug out faster where tires drive and potholes form. I would say I was going about 80 and the pothole was about 5 or 6 inches deep before the steel joint. I saw it last second and had no time to avoid it and wham I got launched about a foot off my seat. Scary stuff right there.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 11:15 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kballowe View Post
The camera guy on an FJR?

The Missus and I were traveling rural West Virginia when we came upon a section of road where they had cut out numerous sections of asphalt, with some of them 5" deep.

Ever see a GL1800 Gold wing get "launched" ??? It was quite an experience.

Yep its an FJR...

Had A Gold Wing hit a dog once and a couple of 2x4's on the freeway but never launched it.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 11:38 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanThomas View Post
Good Job catching that on video Joe. Had a very similar experience last year on my Harley 48 which had about 1 1/2'' of rear suspension. I hit an expansion gap on a bridge just like that. I usually ride where a cars tires are as I have heard the center of the lanes tend to have more oil and road debris...well expansion gaps get dug out faster where tires drive and potholes form. I would say I was going about 80 and the pothole was about 5 or 6 inches deep before the steel joint. I saw it last second and had no time to avoid it and wham I got launched about a foot off my seat. Scary stuff right there.

Yea..She Ain't Scared.. ... Pauls Off Road Adventure - YouTube

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
LUCKY woman, Joe.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 12:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
LUCKY woman, Joe.

Yea, We'll have to hook a tie down strap to her...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 01:54 PM

Wow. That could've been a bad day too.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 02:54 PM

Glad to see she had a back rest. Probably saved her from being launched of the back.
Also tell him to get an fj and that would not have happened
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 03:09 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motojunkee View Post
Glad to see she had a back rest. Probably saved her from being launched of the back.
Also tell him to get an fj and that would not have happened

He's British but he bleeds Harley. He waiting to see what changes if any will be done to the 2015 Road King. So depending on that he'll be getting a 2014 or 2015 Road King.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 05:18 PM

Quote:
yep its an fjr...

Had a gold wing hit a dog once and a couple of 2x4's on the freeway but never launched it.
2007 fjr ?
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-01-2014, 06:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
2007 fjr ?

Yep

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

Took the OEM Topcase off and sold it. Put the Givi E-55 on it that i took off the Versys.

Out with the guy friday that bought my Versys..........

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 07-01-2014 at 06:22 PM.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 07:52 AM

Here's my 2007 model. It's since been replaced by a 2012 model in dark blue. I do like the 2007 color much better, though.

I see that you have the highway pegs installed. Are them from Motorcycle Larry? What do you think of Them?

Last edited by kballowe; 07-02-2014 at 07:59 AM.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Here's my 2007 model. It's since been replaced by a 2012 model in dark blue. I do like the 2007 color much better, though.

I see that you have the highway pegs installed. Are them from Motorcycle Larry? What do you think of Them?

Yep the highway pegs are from MCL. They look good and don't get in the way. I've got bad knees and a hip so stretching out the legs make a big difference on longer runs. Their a little pricey but then again anything you put on a bike is.

I also got the bar riser blocks,peg lowering blocks which helped a lot.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Yep the highway pegs are from MCL. They look good and don't get in the way. I've got bad knees and a hip so stretching out the legs make a big difference on longer runs. Their a little pricey but then again anything you put on a bike is.

I also got the bar riser blocks,peg lowering blocks which helped a lot.
29" inseam here so no peg lowering blocks.
Did add the bar riser blocks and a National Cycle VStream windshield.
Lowered the bike 1" front and rear. Corbin driver seat with AirHawk cushion.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-02-2014, 12:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
29" inseam here so no peg lowering blocks.
Did add the bar riser blocks and a National Cycle VStream windshield.
Lowered the bike 1" front and rear. Corbin driver seat with AirHawk cushion.

The Corbin Driver Seat is lower than stock so that should help you out.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode