What Would You Have Done ? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 11:01 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
What Would You Have Done ?

Went for a ride with Smokin Joe yesterday up ACH. On the way back we stopped at Newcombs Ranch for a break. Parking the bikes i noticed a Ducati Monster in front of me and the rear tire was worn down to the cords. I wouldn't ride that bike around the block with that tire. Grabbed a seat close by while Joe went in to get a drink. When he came out i told him to go check out the tire on the Duc. He did we also noticed the front tire was pretty smooth so we we discussing how we wouldn't ride on a tire like that especially on these roads and out in the middle of nowhere. We figured the guy didn't know or he knew and didn't care or maybe it was a young guy on a tight budget that didn't know any better. I decided if he came out while we were there i'd point it out, knowing he might just tell me to kiss off. We head to our bikes and an older guy looking like he's headed to the race track with all the gear on goes to the Duc. I walk over to him and say Hello, How Are You? He give me a big dismissive look and lowers his head. So i turn around walk over to Joe and said "F" him. Joe looks at me and say did you say something I said i tried but he didn't seem to want to be bothered. So we went on our way. I get up this morning feeling i still should have pointed it out anyway no matter how big a douche the guy was.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 11:08 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I would still pushed it a little, if only to keep him from taking someone else with him
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 11:53 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Coming back into Canada at the border crossing from Skagway, the bike ahead had cord showing in the center of his tire. I asked the Customs officer if I could approach and tell him. I told him, but his response was that... "Oh there's LOTS left" and he left.

-

Like you Joe - I would NOT have ridden on it, but I didn't see him in the ditch....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 11:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
That is a tough one…. I think I would have said something anyways, just for my own continence. I think it’s the same with waving to other riders, I have seen many riders wave to each other, yet when they stop they are complete @$$ clowns and could not be bothered to have the same level of comradery as they did when passing them on the road. Even when a potentially life threatening situation is presented.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 04:39 PM

I would bet he knew.,just did not care.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 06:09 PM
MTS

I would have pulled up my jacket a little until he saw I was CCW than I would have told him about the tire. His response would have been thank you Sir, and that would have been the end of that!

Thank you!

. . .

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 06:12 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
I would have pulled up my jacket a little until he saw I was CCW than I would have told him about the tire. His response would have been thank you Sir, and that would have been the end of that!

Thank you!

. . .

Well when they start giving Ex-Felons a CCW. I'll do that...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 06:15 PM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
LOL Joe you are hilarious!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Ex-Felons don't need a license, you're above the law in my book.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Went for a ride with Smokin Joe yesterday up ACH. On the way back we stopped at Newcombs Ranch for a break. Parking the bikes i noticed a Ducati Monster in front of me and the rear tire was worn down to the cords. I wouldn't ride that bike around the block with that tire. Grabbed a seat close by while Joe went in to get a drink. When he came out i told him to go check out the tire on the Duc. He did we also noticed the front tire was pretty smooth so we we discussing how we wouldn't ride on a tire like that especially on these roads and out in the middle of nowhere. We figured the guy didn't know or he knew and didn't care or maybe it was a young guy on a tight budget that didn't know any better. I decided if he came out while we were there i'd point it out, knowing he might just tell me to kiss off. We head to our bikes and an older guy looking like he's headed to the race track with all the gear on goes to the Duc. I walk over to him and say Hello, How Are You? He give me a big dismissive look and lowers his head. So i turn around walk over to Joe and said "F" him. Joe looks at me and say did you say something I said i tried but he didn't seem to want to be bothered. So we went on our way. I get up this morning feeling i still should have pointed it out anyway no matter how big a douche the guy was.
I think I would've done what you did.
I like being helpful to others but I also like to mind my own business. I probably would started out helpful and if it wasn't well received, gone straight to "mind my own business" mode.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-23-2014, 11:58 PM

Garage
I was following a car the other night that had no tail lights, I pulled up beside him at the traffic lights and said mate you have no tail lights, he said yeah I know. ..... WTF?
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 01:55 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
I would have said something... Dude seems like your going bald!

...then run if he doesn't get it!

or hand him a nomination for a Darwin award.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 07:53 AM

Garage
Well you gave it a try. He was the one that decided you did not have anything he wanted to hear. To each his own. At least he was geared for the SLIDE...
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 07:56 AM

He is just going to get his dose of karma. You tried to be nice he was a dink -> karma gives him a blowout on the highway. That's how it works.

- Ian Thomas
2013 Versys
post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 08:36 AM
MTS

I would have slowly drawn my fire arm and if he smarted off at all I would pistol wipe the hell out of him.

CCW

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by MTS; 06-24-2014 at 08:38 AM.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 12:22 PM

Tell him anyways. Never rely on first impression with fellow riders.

2008 Kawasaki Versys
1994 Honda NTV 650
1999 Suzuki AN125
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 12:33 PM

You made an effort. He was a dick. The universe has a way of sorting these things out...

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 01:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
I would have slowly drawn my fire arm and if he smarted off at all I would pistol wipe the hell out of him.

CCW
That seems like a lot of work, I'll lone you some bullets?
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 05:42 PM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray h View Post
That seems like a lot of work, I'll lone you some bullets?
What would Clint have done!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-24-2014, 06:45 PM
djg

If you have a gun, just shoot out the tire, problem solved. I would have stuck a note on his bike telling him what a stupid move riding on that tire is.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode