Do We Understand Earth? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 07:02 PM Thread Starter
MTS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Do We Understand Earth?

Do not want to polute the earth. But as humans living on earth thats what we do.

Do not want $6.00 a gal gas and a small fortune to heat my home! This maybe the only result! Lower standard of living with no less global warming.
In fact the earth cycles hot then cold.

History tells use hot and cold cycles on eath. Is it just us humans making climate change. We are the most powerful and important, are we not?

Maybe most ego center. The earth will eat us up and spit us out. We will be long gone and earth will still be here. The odds are! LOL

Sorry, ok we are very important! LOL.... NOT SO MUCH!

http://dailycaller.com/2014/06/11/st...lobal-warming/

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 09:09 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
This may be an influence in the particular case however it does not negate the effect of the main cause of global warming, the burning of fossil fuels. Global warming due to carbon monoxide in the atmosphere has been proven and is currently scientifically undisputed, kinda like smoking is the major, but not the only cause, of lung cancer.

Interesting cigarette companies paid a lot of money to a small group of doctors and researchers in their employ to say things like the link between cancer and smoking was still in dispute and had not been conclusively proven right up to the mid 1970's even though this link was proven in an undisputable way by the 1950's. Kinda like industrial and political stake holders are doing today with global warming. This despite the fact global warming has been undisputed in the academic community since the early 1990's.

Last edited by twowheels; 06-14-2014 at 09:16 PM.
post #3 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 09:09 PM

If you deny global warming . . . err, climate change, Algore will get you.
post #4 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
This may be an influence in the particular case however it does not negate the effect of the main cause of global warming, the burning of fossil fuels. Global warming due to carbon monoxide in the atmosphere has been proven and is currently scientifically undisputed, kinda like smoking is the major, but not the only cause, of lung cancer.
No it hasn't. No it isn't.
post #5 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 09:26 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by waltermitty View Post
No it hasn't. No it isn't.
I think you need to do more reading. You will be unable to find a single accredited study that disproves global warming. If you do a little research you will find that any recent study that says otherwise is not peer reviewed (how academic accreditation is provided to a scientific study) and from a group specifically set up to contradict global warming and muddy the waters and funded by someone with a political agenda.

While the exact rate of global warming and it's exact repercussions are still up for debate the fact that is occurring mainly from the burning of fossil fuels is not. From a scientific standpoint disputing the existence of global warming is like disputing the existence of gravity.

Last edited by twowheels; 06-14-2014 at 09:30 PM.
post #6 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-14-2014, 10:36 PM Thread Starter
MTS

Polution of any kind is not good. Waste is a product of live.

We are in the hot cycle now, no denial! If there were no humans alive we would be in the hot cycle.

One volcano shoots out three years of human polution in one day. Natural gasses from lakes far exceed human polution.

That being said I am not saying we should polute at will, we do need to use our heads but not price our self's to poverty.

The water level will come up and bad weather will be a force but it will do this regardless of human polution. JMO

And in ten thousand years it will be very cold. Will humans be alive? My personal belief is no we will all be dead. And all the money you left your kids and their kids will be gone! LOL

Happy Fathers Day!

https://au.news.yahoo.com/technology...-earths-crust/

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1920x1440-cool-wallpapers-earth-space-high-definition-wallpaper.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	17.9 KB
ID:	49569   Click image for larger version

Name:	cool-3d-space-wallpapers-8745-hd-wallpapers.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	49.7 KB
ID:	49577   Click image for larger version

Name:	awesome[2].jpg
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	49585   Click image for larger version

Name:	-paste-cool-desktop-backgrounds-free-background-wallpaper-com-d-s-ibackgroundz_com.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	48.4 KB
ID:	49593   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fires-of-Heaven1.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	55.6 KB
ID:	49601  

Click image for larger version

Name:	National-Geographic_-Best-Space-Pictures-of-2012-Fstoppers.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	49609   Click image for larger version

Name:	cool space img.jpg
Size:	20.0 KB
ID:	49617   Click image for larger version

Name:	space-wallpapers-6[1].jpg
Views:	46
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	49625   Click image for larger version

Name:	space_journey_3d_screensaver-687871.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	71.5 KB
ID:	49633   Click image for larger version

Name:	cool-space-background.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	49641  

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by MTS; 06-15-2014 at 06:09 AM.
post #7 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 03:25 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Life is evolving as it should... Saving planet Earth is just not economically feasible.
post #8 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I think you need to do more reading. You will be unable to find a single accredited study that disproves global warming. If you do a little research you will find that any recent study that says otherwise is not peer reviewed (how academic accreditation is provided to a scientific study) and from a group specifically set up to contradict global warming and muddy the waters and funded by someone with a political agenda.

While the exact rate of global warming and it's exact repercussions are still up for debate the fact that is occurring mainly from the burning of fossil fuels is not. From a scientific standpoint disputing the existence of global warming is like disputing the existence of gravity.
You need to read something deeper than the National Enquirer. I have no doubt that climate changes. I am skeptical that man is the cause. You need to do a little research on the climate history of Earth and realize that man has only been out of the trees about 10,000 years or so and industrialized a couple of hundred.

The funny part about these global warming models is that none of them seem to work.
post #9 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 05:41 AM
ggg

warming cycle, well we dont get the winter ice frost that we did, the name climate change is a joke there is one constant and that's climate change it does not stay the same, were we all get screwed is in the pollution we add to our environment
post #10 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 05:48 AM Thread Starter
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
Life is evolving as it should... Saving planet Earth is just not economically feasible.

We can not save earth, and earth can not save us!

This may be true!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by MTS; 06-15-2014 at 05:54 AM.
post #11 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 06:22 AM

Don't you people have motorcycles to ride?

I'm no diplomat
post #12 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 08:00 AM

I think I understand the earth just fine, but what I don't understand is why we have landfills, why can't we just throw all of our trash over the edge.
post #13 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray h View Post
I think I understand the earth just fine, but what I don't understand is why we have landfills, why can't we just throw all of our trash over the edge.
that's pretty good----never heard that before!!
post #14 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 09:05 AM

Not sure if people are just doing this

Or are trying to make it go away with this

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #15 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 11:30 AM Thread Starter
MTS

I lined my helmet with foil! No more headaches!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #16 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 11:42 AM

I gonna reduce my carbon foot print as soon as Algore reduces his.
post #17 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 12:14 PM Thread Starter
MTS

Quote:
I gonna reduce my carbon foot print as soon as Algore reduces his.

The report about his houses and energy use made him look like a complete a$$! What a jerk! Do as I say not as I do!

The rest of you should not use so much energy! LOL

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #18 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 02:20 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
ANYONE here aware of WHY "GREENLAND" is called GREEN-land?

ANYONE here know that the Vikings called Newfoundland "VINLAND" when they first found it, because of the grapes growing wild?

About 1,000 years ago most of Greenland was NOT covered w/ snow and ice, and Newfoundland was MUCH warmer than it is now.

Wonder if the Ford F-150 was as big a seller THEN as it is now...?

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #19 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 02:35 PM

I think the Vikings were Chevy guys. The energy bill for his Nashville mansion alone is more than $30,000/year. He also has a mansion in California, a fleet of SUVs and several personal jet aircraft. It is up to us "little people" to bear the burden of "fixing" global warming . . . errr, climate chan . . . climate disruption, whatever.

I have a suggestion for what Algore can do to himself and global warming but I fear it might get me banned.
post #20 of 50 (permalink) Old 06-15-2014, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I have a suggestion for what Algore can do to himself and global warming but I fear it might get me banned.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode