Motorcycles are good Therapy - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 08:24 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Motorcycles are good Therapy

After fighting, and losing, to Bursitis in my elbow I had all I could stand yesterday, it's been two week and I'm going through withdrawals! It was a beautiful day and I needed to make a run to the pet store for a box of millet, a type of grain, for the parrots. SO I said screw it pushed the Versys out, geared up and took off. It’s a 45 mile trip down and I hit Vista Kawasaki to get a plug for the KLR as well. I felt so good I ended up doing well over 100 miles and was out about 3 hours.

I knew I’d paid the price and sure enough I woke up this morning expecting my elbow to be the size of Cleveland BUT it didn’t hurt at all and the swelling had gone down to almost normal. Dang I think I’ll drag the KLR out and repeat today!

Funny I had looked at the treatment book the doctor had given me and there are exercises to do. One uses the hand squeeze thing you see the body builders use. If you turn it 90 deg and bolt it to a pipe it looks just like a clutch lever! So I guess I was following doctor’s orders after all!

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 08:26 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Hah. So your elbow problem was directly attributable to a lack of motorcycle riding.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 05-25-2014, 08:37 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
You bet they are! After a mere 69 years my left hip has failed (surgery is on the horizon) which makes getting on the V pretty tough -and amusing to watch I imagune - but once aboard I find I have too much fun to notice any pain. Good therapy indeed.

Getting off again is another matter. Worth it though IMHO.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 12:13 AM

Most of my pain atm resides between my ears, after a few miles on the versys I am brand new again until the next time, alot of rides planned for the summer.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 07:38 AM

you guys think we can get away with writing our motorcycling related expenses off as medical expenses?

I'm no diplomat
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aka Yamadog View Post
you guys think we can get away with writing our motorcycling related expenses off as medical expenses?
Yes - IF you fall off...!

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 06-02-2014, 01:11 PM

Therapy

I am a mental health counselor, RN. I have a sticker on my Vs trunk. " For some there's therapy, for the rest of us, there's motorcycles".

I figured it out!! A good day is when you can't see through your visor or windshield b/c of the bug splatter!!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode