I can NOT catch a break. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 05:13 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I can NOT catch a break.

Coldest, iciest, snowiest winter since I moved to the Midwest. And spring’s looking to be one of the wettest. AND IT JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER.

My left elbow started to bother me earlier this week By Wednesday it was hurting pretty good and by Thursday was swollen to about twice the size of my right elbow. So I took off from work and drove the car to the doctor today, pulling the clutch hurts too much to ride. Well the doc took one look and said “Bursitis” I’m like WHAT isn’t that something old folks get? He explained it’s something active people get. So he ask me how bad I wanted to get over it and I said ASAP so he said that he’d give me a shot that would help BUT hurt….IN THE ELBOW! And no he didn’t lie at all it lit my fire when he poked me not once, twice or three times but four jabs!

He did give me a prescription for a mild pain killer and a book showing exercises to overcome this and prevent a relapse. A heating pad and ice pack will help it heal and keep the swelling down.

He said I’d be better in the morning BUT right now it feels like I got smacked in the elbow with a shovel.

And I had a 250 mile trip planned for tomorrow, it’ll wait.

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys

Last edited by Time; 05-09-2014 at 05:28 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 05:24 PM

I am so sorry to hear of your bad news. That would really suck and you will probably have to rest your elbow for the swelling to subside. Rest means: no vacuuming, no shoveling, no raking, no sweeping, no heavy lifting..........You know what I'm getting at don't you?
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 05:27 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by RN Barb View Post
I am so sorry to hear of your bad news. That would really suck and you will probably have to rest your elbow for the swelling to subside. Rest means: no vacuuming, no shoveling, no raking, no sweeping, no heavy lifting..........You know what I'm getting at don't you?
Well that is good news...you are going to stop by and help clean the parrot cages, right?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 06:10 PM

Was the shot cortisone ?
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 06:21 PM
MTS

Rest and let that heal! So you are good later! Best of luck!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by onewizard; 10-03-2018 at 06:08 PM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 06:29 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by turn8a View Post
Was the shot cortisone ?
You know? I didn't ask. Shows how bad I was hurting as I normally want to know everything he's giving me. BUT He's a good Doctor, jokes and answers my question, I think they call it great beside manor, and was able to squeeze me in today when I called at 8:00 he was seeing me at 11:00.

2012 650 Versys
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 06:31 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Rest and let that heal! So you are good later! Best of luck!
You bet ya...the older I get the better I pay attention to my doctor, and people I should!

2012 650 Versys
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
Well that is good news...you are going to stop by and help clean the parrot cages, right?
That would really be a long distance house call!
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 06:36 PM

Quote:
You know? I didn't ask. Shows how bad I was hurting as I normally want to know everything he's giving me. BUT He's a good Doctor, jokes and answers my question, I think they call it great beside manor, and was able to squeeze me in today when I called at 8:00 he was seeing me at 11:00.
Hope you feel better!
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-09-2014, 11:40 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Man, I can identify with that. A couple of weeks ago I decided to polish and wax my Abarth. I can be a bit anal meaning I spent most of the afternoon sitting cross legged on the garage floor to get to all the low part. The next day I could hardly walk. My left hip hurt like blazes and moving was next to impossible. Couldn't climb aboard the Versys.

That was serious so off to the Dr. X-rays, an MRI and today more X-rays and finally a cortisone injection. Dr. says that should do the trick - if I'm smart enough not to sit cross legged any more. Oh yeah, he also said, "You won't be leaving this world with that hip." Great bedside manner, huh?

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-10-2014, 06:18 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
...Well the doc took one look and said ďBursitisĒ Iím like WHAT isnít that something old folks get? He explained itís something active people get....
I had a spell of bursitis in my right shoulder while I was flying C-130s in the RCAF, and I could NOT raise my arm above level (MANY switches in the overhead panel!). I was about 27 years old.

Now I'm a "tad" older, and I have NOT had a recurrence since that time, so, IF you're lucky....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-10-2014, 06:38 PM Thread Starter

I didn't ride today BUT my elbow feels much better.

And to steal a line for Billy Joel "If he can drive it at least he can polish the fender"! I took the day to clean up the Versys top to bottom. The chain is about as clean as the day they made it ans I even adjusted it a little. First time I have needed to after the run in 15.000 miles ago.

I also rebuilt a real Chrome Beauty from the '70s...a GE #A9T17 Toaster! and you thought I had a Brit Bike in the garage didn't ya! It was my Grandmothers and she gave it to me. I have used it for year but the cord crapped so while I fix that I cleaned it and polished it up. Looks new. 45 years old and makes good toast let's see if the modern plastic junk will last half as long!

As far as the C-130 I got to see the flight deck of one...more switched than I could ever remember in the puppy! One of the greatest plane ever made IMHO.

2012 650 Versys

Last edited by Time; 05-11-2014 at 03:50 AM.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 02:01 AM

Garage
I'll just add "sore elbow" to the list of up-coming events in life.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-11-2014, 03:28 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikej View Post
I'll just add "sore elbow" to the list of up-coming events in life.
Hope that's ALL you get: bursitis is caused by "stuff" in the joint, and when MINE was bad I could try to rotate my arm while holding the shoulder w/ my hand, and I'd feel a "gritty, graunchy, noisy" sensation, which felt like a knife was being twisted in there!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 05-12-2014, 01:15 AM

Garage
Now I have a cringe visual of that. I don't want to add it to the list.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode