Alpinestars Joey shoes - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Alpinestars Joey shoes

Hi,
I want to order Alpinestars Joey shoes: nobody own them?
I wonder if gear shift can damage the shoe, because they don't have a shift gear protection .
Another question is about the size: I wear size 10 of Nike shoes, is it the same for Alpinestars?

Thanks

Nobody thinks that something is so easy like who is totally unable to do it.

Kawasaki Versys 07 Orange
Ex Aprilia Pegaso 96 Blue
Ex Suzuki DR 350 91

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 10:31 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by duffyduck1 View Post
Hi,
I want to order Alpinestars Joey shoes: nobody own them?
I wonder if gear shift can damage the shoe, because they don't have a shift gear protection .
Another question is about the size: I wear size 10 of Nike shoes, is it the same for Alpinestars?

Thanks

No sure about the Joey Shoes... i had the AlpineStars Fastlane shoes i wear a size 13 in sneakers and they fit perfect. They were a comfortable shoe "but" the sole of the shoe was pure garbage no grip at all if you stop on some dirt,sand small rocks on the road my foot would slip. i dropped my bike because of it once so i threw the shoes in the garbage and went back to my Sidi Dohas they stick like glue..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 08:33 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Get yourself a Silicon Gear Sock on eBay only $1-2 shipped from HK.
Fits right over the gear lever and rubber.

I just did as my work shoes are wearing.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-23-2014, 11:48 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
No sure about the Joey Shoes... i had the AlpineStars Fastlane shoes i wear a size 13 in sneakers and they fit perfect. They were a comfortable shoe "but" the sole of the shoe was pure garbage no grip at all if you stop on some dirt,sand small rocks on the road my foot would slip. i dropped my bike because of it once so i threw the shoes in the garbage and went back to my Sidi Dohas they stick like glue..
13? OMG, that means 47-48 in EU size! I don't know in USA, but in Italy isn't so easy to find a wide choise of shoes for that size...

I'm looking for shoes that I can ude daily for going at office, comfy and breathable for the summer.
I like this:

Obviously if the shift gear zone will be delicate, I'll put on the lever a silicon shoe protection...

Ex Suzuki DR 350 91

post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Garage
Just do be aware that different makes from Euro countries fit differently.
Some shoes designs are naturally narrow than others even from the same manufaturer.

I'm Size 13
I just bought high ankle short boots in 47 and they did not fit.
Length was OK, it just was way way too narrow and hurt my feet.

I talked to the local distributor and he said technically a 47 should fit as the sole size is larger than my foot length... but then the manufacturers put in all the protection, foam, linings on the inside which then make the shoe a tighter fit. He was surprised that this shoe was narrow but offered an exchange no ifs or buts.

He suggested another boot that has a wider foot in a 48 would be fine, but if you wear thick socks in winter and then you have to account for any long distance riding that you feet will swell, then a 48 might start feeling tight after an hour or so in them.

Hence I got a 49. Yes it is a teeny bit long, but no worse than a work boot.
It is very comfortable to walk around in all day and my feet do not hurt at all.

It is a pity that the selection of boots in Euro size 48 and higher is pretty terrible.

Another shoe I like is the AXO 5to9 shoe - They do come in size 13:
http://www.axo.com/us/collection/str...ear/5to9-shoes
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 02:00 PM Thread Starter

News:
I found in a local dealer the Alpinestars Joey Canvas. I tried the 10-43 size (as written on the label) and it was ok.
BUT in the sizes page of the Alpinestars website they write that US-9 is equal to EU-43.
I sent them an email...

Ex Suzuki DR 350 91

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2014, 11:58 PM Thread Starter

They just wrote me that the conversion is 10-43 as the table in the bottom of this page: http://www.alpinestars.com/joey-vent...e#.U1mnsPldVHk
So the table of this one page aybe is wrong: http://www.alpinestars.com/size-guide/

N ow I'll order size 10

Ex Suzuki DR 350 91

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode