Check them once in a while. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 04:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Check them once in a while.

Gentlemen,
I can't sleep and need a bit of an outlet so "off topic" discussions seems the place.

Went to the doctor last Monday and while there the doctor did a check of my testicles and found a mass. Ultrasound two days later confirmed it was cancer. Yesterday they removed my right testicle. (hence the trouble sleeping)....anyway, I am only 32 yrs old and really had no idea that this is something I should have been checking for and had I not been to the doc for something else (first time at a doc in 6 yrs) it probably would not have been found until it was way further along and more life threatening.

Check yourselves. Seriously. It takes only a second. Especially the guys in their 20's and 30's. That is where it most commonly turns up.

I should be fine with the removal, and some radiation, which needless to say is good because my wife is due with twins in 4 weeks. I do hope I heal fast and with already having a 2yr old running around wifey will need my help.

ok so all that being said, do you think this may make the seat on the Versys a bit more comfortable being as now I have one less ball to end up sliding forward onto and sitting on?? ha ha, I have been wondering that since I found out it was being removed.....

Thanks for listening and sorry for TMI, but hey, it is an off topic forum. --- DJ, cue "The Rodeo Song" ---- Mawson out.

Last edited by Mawson; 09-24-2009 at 08:00 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 08:27 AM

The Rodeo song ! now thats one i haven,t heard in a while lol Well im glad things were caught before it had gone to far .

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 08:35 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxman View Post
The Rodeo song ! now thats one i haven,t heard in a while lol Well im glad things were caught before it had gone to far .
I figure it should be my new theme song... Side note, I was just looking at where you are from, I lived in St. Alberta, Alberta for 2 years. I loved that province. Heck, I've lived in a lot of places and loved 'em all. (Even Quebec) ... Sask, Man, Ont, Que, Alta...few cities in each. Now I'm down her in Omaha Nebraska. Nebraska is very much like the western provinces..well at least the flat boring parts.
post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 08:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mawson View Post
I figure it should be my new theme song... Side note, I was just looking at where you are from, I lived in St. Alberta, Alberta for 2 years. I loved that province. Heck, I've lived in a lot of places and loved 'em all. (Even Quebec) ... Sask, Man, Ont, Que, Alta...few cities in each. Now I'm down her in Omaha Nebraska. Nebraska is very much like the western provinces..well at least the flat boring parts.
Should we call ya Johnny ?? lol Ya Alberta has been a good place to live but its always good to see other parts of this country like you have

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 08:47 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxman View Post
Should we call ya Johnny ?? lol Ya Alberta has been a good place to live but its always good to see other parts of this country like you have
Johnny it is.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 09:11 AM

I wish you well, sir

Ok, Johnny One-Nut Mawson, that is scary as hell.

All that and yet you've still got your eye on healing up quickly so you can take care of your family!

Fine example of a real man, if you ask me.

I hope you get better soon and get back to sleeping and dreaming of motorcycles and more little feet running around your house!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 09:55 AM

Great to hear your doing well.
I truly admire the way some people respond to adversity.
Enjoy your kids while you can, they will be grown up and gone in the blink of an eye.
(Thank god for grand kids)
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 09-24-2009, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the nice comments guys. Can't wait to be out riding again soon.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-18-2009, 07:02 PM Thread Starter

Seat feels good. It's like there's twice as much room now!
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 04:04 PM

Hey maw. Havent been on the forum in a while. Glad to hear you fed the squirrels. Seriously. glad you got that discovered. metastatic ca takes lives. So thank God for early detection. I do like the corbin. It is not at all soft and comfy...but you dont notice it being a pain in the ass either. I would send you 25 bucks to get you on your way to a better seat!! (thats like two packs of diapers) lol.

if it were easy....everyone would do it!
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-19-2009, 05:23 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyjam View Post
Hey maw. Havent been on the forum in a while. Glad to hear you fed the squirrels. Seriously. glad you got that discovered. metastatic ca takes lives. So thank God for early detection. I do like the corbin. It is not at all soft and comfy...but you dont notice it being a pain in the ass either. I would send you 25 bucks to get you on your way to a better seat!! (thats like two packs of diapers) lol.
I was starting to wonder if you sold the bike.. Good to see you're still around.
Yeah, it has been a pretty crazy month. I go the the oncologist on Wednesday to see what they are going to say about treatment. Most likely it'll be either a session of chemo, or a dose of radiation. Shouldn't be bad at all. The twins are coming on Tuesday (27th) so its about to get really crazy around the Mawson household..
I wasn't able to ride due to the surgery until Friday. I've put in about 300 miles since then though. Found some great dirt roads (see my post titled Loess Hills) that have been keeping me busy. Took the afternoon off work to ride. 'Twas fun!
I am still up in the air about what I want to do to the seat. No more squished ball...balls for you normal folk... because I shimmed the front as was suggest here in the forum but my ass still is sore after about an hour in the saddle. I got some seat foam from work, now I just need the find the balls..(oops, should I say ball) to tear into my seat. Maybe it's a winter project. We'll see though. Maybe Santa will bring me a new seat for Christmas...
Good to hear from you. We need to hook up and ride sometime. There's surprisingly quite a few good roads around here.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode