Different Motorcycle Trailer... Pretty interesting - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Different Motorcycle Trailer... Pretty interesting

I don't own a trailer but have thought about it a few times. No clue what this one costs but I did find this one quite interesting.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 08:39 AM

That's a solution looking for a problem, IMO. Maybe if you have a 900 lb behemoth and regularly trailer queen it one of these might be worth the extra cost over a utility trailer. I had to trailer my C10 Concours once and had no problem getting it into my plain vanilla utility trailer and I'm a little guy.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I can see the benefit of trailering. I'm thinking about doing this so I can get my 250 dual sport to dual sport areas further than my current limit of 100 miles away.

I also understand not wanting to wear a bike out on the superslab and not having the time to ride the back roads to your destination.

I am still looking at all the options regarding adding the west coast states to my ride map.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 09:19 AM

Silly Boy, Trailers are for Boats Not motorcycles.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 11:10 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
Time - you mean to imply that people TOW motorcycles behind BOATS???

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 11:44 AM

I Did NOT say THAT!

But I think some use H-Ds for anchors!

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I can see the benefit of trailering. I'm thinking about doing this so I can get my 250 dual sport to dual sport areas further than my current limit of 100 miles away.

I also understand not wanting to wear a bike out on the superslab and not having the time to ride the back roads to your destination.

I am still looking at all the options regarding adding the west coast states to my ride map.
... or just buy a dual sport adv bike
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
... or just buy a dual sport adv bike
If you enjoy riding your dual sport to the trails (at least 90 minutes of highway for me), doing for real off road riding all day (e.g., for me this means rock gardens and such), and then riding back home you're some kind of a masochist. I've got one of these for my dirt bike (off road only, not tagged):
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 10:21 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
I love boats but trailering is the sole reason why I don't own one. What a hassle to have to trailer it to the water. Have to have a tow vehicle, trailer, gas money, etc. If I lived on the water I would definitely have some boats.

My Versys Travels:

post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-11-2014, 10:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marylander View Post
If you enjoy riding your dual sport to the trails (at least 90 minutes of highway for me), doing for real off road riding all day (e.g., for me this means rock gardens and such), and then riding back home you're some kind of a masochist. I've got one of these for my dirt bike (off road only, not tagged):
You bought a $20,000 truck to take your dual sport to the woods? That ain't happening for me. Maybe a Jeep Wrangler could be in my future.

My Versys Travels:

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014, 02:22 AM
MTS

Cool trailer just for bikes.

I have a little low flat bed 8X10 for my inflatable poontoon fishing boat and use it for all kind of things including hauling my bike if needed. Its really handy and have hauled all kinds of things.

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by MTS; 01-12-2014 at 02:24 AM.
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014, 08:47 AM

Quote:
I love boats but trailering is the sole reason why I don't own one. What a hassle to have to trailer it to the water. Have to have a tow vehicle, trailer, gas money, etc. If I lived on the water I would definitely have some boats.
As I said above I don't own a dual sport bike. Also, I don't see any serious dirt guys riding their dual sport 1-2 hours to the trails, riding the trails for a few hours, and then riding the dual sport home. That would require being in incredible shape and being willing to have to call a tow truck if you had a problem with your dual sport on the trails (not uncommon).

I do have a truck based suv and an mx bike setup for woods riding/racing, serious trail riding not the sort of thing a versys or typical dual sport would be able to do.
post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-12-2014, 10:54 AM

I have a 5X8 utility with ramp w/ condor chock and it suits me fine. The condor chock is the scooter size and fortunately for me it adjusts from 12" wheels (my Grom) to 17" wheels (My V). If I were to buy a MC specific trailer, it would have to be the stinger. I have a small SUV with a towing capacity of only 1500 lbs, the smaller/lighter the better.

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-13-2014, 07:39 AM

Garage
Quote:
As I said above I don't own a dual sport bike. Also, I don't see any serious dirt guys riding their dual sport 1-2 hours to the trails, riding the trails for a few hours, and then riding the dual sport home. That would require being in incredible shape and being willing to have to call a tow truck if you had a problem with your dual sport on the trails (not uncommon).

I do have a truck based suv and an mx bike setup for woods riding/racing, serious trail riding not the sort of thing a versys or typical dual sport would be able to do.
I was teasing you. That is why I posted towing with a bike because I don't have a readily available tow vehicle. I am in incredible shape BTW. Well, I was until the dual sport bucked me off this past October.

My Versys Travels:

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-13-2014, 09:35 AM

Quote:
I was teasing you. That is why I posted towing with a bike because I don't have a readily available tow vehicle. I am in incredible shape BTW. Well, I was until the dual sport bucked me off this past October.
I have an older brother who is an, er, instigator, so I can respond weird to teasing.

This is the sort of place I ride the dirt bike (and not slow like the rock crawling 4x4 in the vid, kind of fun to come up on trucks crawling through and to zip past in 2nd or 3rd gear ):

I'm simply not in good enough shape to enjoy dual sporting to a place like that.
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-13-2014, 11:12 AM

Garage
Quote:

I'm simply not in good enough shape to enjoy dual sporting to a place like that.
And I'm too old (or aware of my mortality) to be zipping through rock gardens in 2nd and 3rd gear.

My Versys Travels:

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 01-13-2014, 06:17 PM

Quote:
And I'm too old (or aware of my mortality) to be zipping through rock gardens in 2nd and 3rd gear.
Where I'm at there are 2 basic choices: off road/rocks or MX tracks. I am too aware of my mortality (and old) for the MX tracks. Rocks don't scare me at all but it's practically all I ride off road. You get used to it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode