Colorado Legalizes the Herb Superb - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-02-2014, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Colorado Legalizes the Herb Superb

Now it's legal (under Co. State law) to go out with Mary Jane recreationally.

Not for me but Good Job Colorado

Be interesting to see if Alcohol related driving deaths go down.

Last edited by Seeya; 01-02-2014 at 08:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 05:57 AM

The states making money on this 30% sales tax is what a friend told me
I don't partake in this Garbage.
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 08:16 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I saw a photo of all the folks in long lines. I was wondering why they weren't at work. Then I looked closer and realized they probably don't have jobs.

I wonder if employers can still test for drugs and refuse employment in CO.

I guess a good thing is maybe they will be too stoned to vote in the next election.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 08:53 AM

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-03-2014, 09:24 AM
Banned

Exclamation

So does this State by State issue not make the un-USA look foolish?

Pot is illegal according to the Law of the Land, so why can one State basically say "Hey f*ck you Lawmakers, we will do WTF we want to so we can pull in extra taxes!"

I personally don't give a fat rat's arse if it's made legal, because it causes far less problems than alcohol...............but that's for another discussion.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 09:54 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britmick View Post

Pot is illegal according to the Law of the Land, so why can one State basically say "Hey f*ck you Lawmakers, we will do WTF we want to so we can pull in extra taxes!"

I personally don't give a fat rat's arse if it's made legal, because it causes far less problems than alcohol...............but that's for another discussion.
Yes, it is amazing that one drug (alcohol) can be legal, and another drug (pot) isn't.

Many drinkers get mad if you call alcohol a drug because they don't want to be called drug users.

I think one of the major differences between wine and beer and pot is that wine and beer can be consumed slow enough that intoxication does not take place, while the whole point of pot and hard liquor is intoxication.

My Versys Travels:

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 01:04 PM

My first thought is "avoid riding in Colorado". On second thought, distracted driving is probably still more of a problem than people driving under the influence of weed, and that happens EVERYWHERE. There's a certain percentage of people that will smoke pot whether it's legal or not, I'd be curious to see how many more people partake because it's legal.
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I think one of the major differences between wine and beer and pot is that wine and beer can be consumed slow enough that intoxication does not take place, while the whole point of pot and hard liquor is intoxication.
Generally that is probably true, but I've known several people that smoke just enough to "get their head straight", and if you are so inclined, you can drink beer and wine fast enough to literally poison yourself.
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 01:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britmick View Post

I wonder if it causes less problems than alcohol because it's not legal and readily available.
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-05-2014, 09:44 PM

One thing for sure, TIME WILL TELL.
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 01:31 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Just watched this on TV... Excellent newly released documentary.

post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-06-2014, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclesarge View Post
My first thought is "avoid riding in Colorado". On second thought, distracted driving is probably still more of a problem than people driving under the influence of weed, and that happens EVERYWHERE. There's a certain percentage of people that will smoke pot whether it's legal or not, I'd be curious to see how many more people partake because it's legal.
I think there's a good chance that DUIs will go down due to people like myself that only drink because weed is illegal. I have no doubt that a stoned driver is less aware than a sober one but, stoned drivers tend to drive VERY slow. Driving slower gives a bit of extra reaction time & it helps sober drivers to identify a stoned driver & avoid them.

Personally, I'm glad to see the injustice of Marijuana prohibition coming to an end. When more lives are destroyed by the law that restricts a substance than the substance itself, it's very clear that you have a BAD law.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-09-2014, 10:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motojunkee View Post
The states making money on this 30% sales tax is what a friend told me
I don't partake in this Garbage.
25% tax that goes toward education. It was quite the dealio here. Denver has passed ordinances that you cannot smoke on public property. I too, do not partake.
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-10-2014, 07:50 AM Thread Starter
Banned

Snowing Bikini Commercial

And According to Mr Bill 'O' it's

"Literally Russian Roulette"

Last edited by Seeya; 01-10-2014 at 10:08 AM.
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2014, 08:34 AM

I don't live in a "Medical Marijuana" state but, from what I've heard the dispenceries will sell by the gram if you only want 1 or 2 for a concert or a party. This would be nice for me because only a few dealers I knew would sell by the 1/4 OZ. (MOST of them wouldn't sell less than a 1/2 OZ.)

When I get the urge to smoke, I only need enough for the night & 1 or 2 grams is plenty. I was never a heavy smoker so even a 1/4 OZ. would last me a week of smoking every day. Legalization will probably cut back on addiction because it will be easier to use responsibly by not being stuck with a whole bag that you feel like you've got to smoke up before the gestapo kicks in your door or your kids find it.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 01-25-2014, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Personally I think pot should be legalized. It's no worse than alcohol and it would get rid of a large source of revenue for the criminal element involved in distribution and drastically reduce law enforcement costs. Just look at what the end of prohibition did to help rid the US of gangsters. It would also create a new tax source. The only issue is how do you identify DUI drivers without a pot breathalyzer? Personally, I'm looking forward to the beer like TV commercials for pot.

Last edited by twowheels; 01-25-2014 at 02:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode