Saw 2 Versys's in Colorado last weekend... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 11:47 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Saw 2 Versys's in Colorado last weekend...

At our club's 100,000 Foot Ride. Yes one V was from New Mexico and the other had a Colorado plate. We had about 300 folks attend the annual event this year. It's a great ride through Colorado of about 500 miles and you attain 100,000 feet of elevation during it. Great dinner and prizes after too. Didn't go myself this year but got there early in the morning to help out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 02:20 PM

My son's and I are on our way to Colorado for our annual ride in Setember. We're covering the sourthern part of Coloaado this time and taking the Phantom Canyon Rd from Cripple Creek down to the Royal George. I went over that road about 40 years ago in a big old station wagon and it scared the hell out of me. Got to see what it looks like from my Versys now.

'09 Versys -Green

TET'68 Survivor

Last edited by dallasdon; 08-06-2009 at 04:38 PM.
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-06-2009, 02:34 PM

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 09:05 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdon View Post
My son's and I are on our way to Colorado for our annual ride in Setember. We're covering the sourthern part of Coloaado this time and taking the Phantom Canyon Rd from Cripple Creek down to the Royal George. I went over that road about 40 years ago in a big old station wagon and it scared the hell out of me. Got to see what it looks like from my Versys now.
I last rode the Phantom Canyon road in 1989, on a 1980 R100RT BMW. It wasn't too bad then and from hearing from folks who have recently ridden it you should be fine. My only suggestion would be to have tire plugs and a pump or CO2 cartridges with. You'll be a long way from help there.You're Versys will do great on that road.

Last edited by Versysbob; 08-13-2009 at 03:56 PM.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-13-2009, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dallasdon View Post
When are you leaving? I live about a mile from the Hwy 50- Phantom canyon rd. junction We have been getting some hard thunderstorms lately and some of the road may be washed out in places. Let me know when and I'll try to find out up to the minute conditions. I really like the Hipark road to Cripple Creek from Canon City, also the Hwy 9 to Guffey then up to Cripple Creek goes through some pretty country. Anyway I can help, let me know, heck a lunch in Cripple Creek would be a nice way to meet you and the boys.

Nick
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode