BOO HOO, Suck it up Ya Wimps - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 06:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
BOO HOO, Suck it up Ya Wimps

I was down in Tampa for Christmas visiting family. It was nice as could be in the low 70s and dry on the coolest day in the 80s the rest. At night it dipped into the high 60s. Will I was over at a shop to see what they had and there were a couple of Squids whinnying that it was too cold to ride! I had more than I could stand after having left Ohio with a foot of snow and 12 degs so I looked at them and told them to go buy a Buick if 70 to 80is too cold for your pansy little asses to ride a bike! They look at me like I was crazy and the guy behind the counter laughed his butt off. I did tell them about "Home" and my bikes had been parked for a couple of months and I'd about kill for this weather.

On that note it looks like it will be in the upper 40 maybe 50 tomorrow so I think I'll drag the KLR out for a ride!

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys

Last edited by Time; 12-27-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 07:05 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Its going to be a horrible 48 degrees in the morning...Just wondering Mesh Jacket with liner or Kilimanjaro Jacket..It'll only be 78 degrees tomorrow down from 80+ today.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-27-2013, 09:14 PM

Garage
Took my last ride of 2013 today. High 50s in Denver today, but it's going to be colder starting tomorrow.

'09 Versys
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 01:31 AM

I just got home from a ride its only 46 degrees right now and not to bad for a California night.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 06:06 AM
MTS

DAM all iced up! Just a cry baby!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by MTS; 12-28-2013 at 09:42 AM.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 07:23 AM

Live in Nc can ride year round.When living in Philly years ago motorcycle was only means of transportation we use to have to ride year round.Lived in The Tampa area for about 4 years the weather might of been nice but they have the most boring roads to ride. I would rather ride in the cold up north than the warm weather on those roads in Tampa.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
It has been sunny with little wind and mid 40s the past few days. Got out for short 50 mile rides each day. Today is cloudy and should warm up to the 40s so I'll be heading out around 11:00 AM.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 12:00 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Its going to be a horrible 48 degrees in the morning...Just wondering Mesh Jacket with liner or Kilimanjaro Jacket..It'll only be 78 degrees tomorrow down from 80+ today.
Joe - MESH w/ a heated jacket liner underneath (and ON, at least for the AM part...), till you don't need it, then remove it and let the breezes in....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-28-2013, 08:55 PM

Went out for a short 150 mile trip thru Harper's Ferry to Charlestown,WV. It went up to a warm 53F today.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 09:00 AM

Running errands the other day and a cashier was surprised I was riding. I laughed and told him 46 degrees was a treat compared to some of the days we've had. Yesterday it was 67 when I headed out but that was tempered by the fact that it was raining.

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode