Walmart rant & pain in the @ss - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 12:40 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Walmart rant, embarrassing

What are the people who set up the shelves for Walmart thinking, or maybe they aren't.
I never had the need to consider this before this week, what are these people thinking when they put the Hemorrhoid, vaginal care and jock itch medicine on the shelves right next to the pharmacy checkout line
I'll just go ahead and throw this out here, I don't have jock itch or vagina problems, fill in the blank.

So, at least six people are standing in line to checkout and watching me agonize over which cream I'm going to choose to smear on my bung. I finally decide on the generic Walmart brand over the name brand and I suddenly become conscience of my audience, as if it weren't bad enough that they all know my bung isn't working right but now they know I'm a cheap bastard.
I guess my question to the jerks who set this store up would be "why not put the toothpaste and deodorant next to the check out line". For some reason I don't mind if everyone in town knows I use toothpaste and deodorant.

At least Walmart has "self checkout" so that's a plus.

End of rant, I've got to get up and walk around for a minute.

Last edited by ray h; 12-23-2013 at 12:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 01:12 PM

I really don't think you have much to be worried about in regards to the typical "audience" at Walmart.

2012 Kawasaki Versys 650 - 20,500 miles
2000 Volvo V70XC 2.4T - 258,000 miles
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 01:17 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Now there are way more than 6 people who know about your "Pain In The Bung" experience.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 01:50 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Did you go to the self-checkout first or on the way out??
Never can tell with walmartians
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Did the girl at the check out ask for a price check on hemorrhoid ointment over the store's PA system while you were standing next to the cash with 20 people in line behind you?
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 03:10 PM

I use thieir generic K-Y for tire lube. I get some strange looks.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 04:14 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by waltermitty View Post
I use thieir generic K-Y for tire lube.
Of course you do Walter, we all believe you mate!!!

post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 04:38 PM

Going South

Quote:
This thread is going south fast.......
But if we could go south just enough, we could all continue to ride.

So here is my contribution:

I have a friend who uses their generic K-Y for tube lube also. I cannot reveal his name though. But he swears by it.

Merry Christmas all !!
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 05:04 PM
MTS

I am a walmart person! I dress the part and have the worst pant in the world with fake flys around the crotch area!

Here is a photo I took of the check out clerk for your entertainment!

Happy Holidays!

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	amazing-gun-show-cool-picture.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	39626  

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by MTS; 12-23-2013 at 05:10 PM.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 05:55 PM Thread Starter

I am a Walmartian, I reluctantly admit it. I don't like that I am but the sad truth is, they are convenient to my house and, being a Super Walmart, they are always open and it's one stop shopping with the lowest grocery prices in town.
Now that I think about it, I'm more embarrassed about being in Walmart than I am buying pucker cream.
Again, thank goodness for a self-checkout, and no, I didn't stop by the restroom or the dressing rooms to try on my new purchase.
Another nice thing about Walmart is their liberal return policy, I probably won't be using it in the instance but it's an option if I choose to.
BTW, ass this is my first experience with this, I have nothing to really go on, butt, the generic Walmart brand seems to be doing a decent job, incase anyone cares.....Of coarse not, I didn't think so.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 06:00 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
I wonder if the unused portion of my hemorrhoid cream can somehow be used when mounting tube tires to keep the tube from getting pinched between the tire and rim.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 06:44 PM

My wife worked at Walmart for three weeks. The placement of EVERYTHING is thought out, and is there for a reason. Sometimes it's the "impulse buy" thing, usually it's to prevent theft. It's embarrassing to buy these products, so if they hid them off in a corner, they'd lose a lot of product. Ever notice how the electronics department is clear in the back of Walmart? That's to prevent the theft of the most expensive, most desirable items in the store. The back of the store is set up even MORE to prevent theft, they actually trust their employees LESS than they trust their customers.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 09:40 PM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray h View Post
I am a Walmartian, I reluctantly admit it. I don't like that I am but the sad truth is, they are convenient to my house and, being a Super Walmart, they are always open and it's one stop shopping with the lowest grocery prices in town.
Now that I think about it, I'm more embarrassed about being in Walmart than I am buying pucker cream.
Again, thank goodness for a self-checkout, and no, I didn't stop by the restroom or the dressing rooms to try on my new purchase.
Another nice thing about Walmart is their liberal return policy, I probably won't be using it in the instance but it's an option if I choose to.
BTW, ass this is my first experience with this, I have nothing to really go on, butt, the generic Walmart brand seems to be doing a decent job, incase anyone cares.....Of coarse not, I didn't think so.

I love the fact you can laugh at yourself and have fun. I go to Walmart all the time. As far as the other items I will keep that private for right now! I have played hockey my whole life nothing works like it use too! LOL

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-23-2013, 09:56 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
When i was in my 40's it was great getting the reaction from the cashiers when i would buy condoms. Young or old you would get the sweetest little smiles.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 11:52 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
I wonder if the unused portion of my hemorrhoid cream can somehow be used when mounting tube tires to keep the tube from getting pinched between the tire and rim.
...and to keep your inner-tube from getting itchy....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Don't know about the tubes but it does work for the crow's feet around the eyes and for the bags due to hangover.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 05:07 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
...and to keep your inner-tube from getting itchy....
Or to keep your inner tube from becoming an outer tube.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-24-2013, 05:11 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
and for the bags due to hangover.
The bag was a concern for me during application, I'm not as flexible as I used to be.

Ohh, wait.....never mind.
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 12-30-2013, 09:06 AM

That ky jelly is horrible... Smuckers is wayyyyy better!

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode