Are you happy with our President. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

View Poll Results: Are you happy with our President
YES 22 42.31%
NO 30 57.69%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 04:58 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Are you happy with our President.

Sorry to go down this road but lets have some fun!!

You can answer with a simple yes or no.

Or if you like tell us all about it..

President of the US

Last edited by kmahorney; 07-21-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 05:00 PM

Im very happy to be the president of the V club thanks for the poll

Working to make it my Streetfighter
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
V
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 05:29 PM

Which president?
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 05:33 PM

So far he hasnt done much to say hes a bad pres. Hes got alot on his plate. alot to do. there will be mistakes there will be progress. It will work out in the end.

08 Versys (Red)
Two Brothers Slip-On V.A.L.E. Exhaust
Two Brothers Juice Box
Arrow Headers
Motowerk Lowering kit w/Flatfoot
SW-MOTECH Crashbars/Engine Guards w/Hwy Pegs
SW-MOTECH mirror wideners
Rear Spool Sliders

~Comming soon~
Front Axel Sliders
Red LED Body Kit

1980 Kawi KZ1000 LTD
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 05:38 PM

post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 06:44 PM

I have no problem with the president, Not happy about party polotics though wish there was a third party that could accept good ideas no matter which political party thought of it.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 06:45 PM

Considering the state of the states in 2007/2008 it's hard for me to imagine all those original contenders even wanting the position let alone "fighting" so hard for it.
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 07:07 PM

With the exception of Reagan, there hasn't been a decent president in my lifetime. (Back to LBJ)
The damage done by this one and the last two will probably be more than the country can readily recover from.
That's why I'll be running for president in 2012. You do have a choice.

Back Off! I'm Already Riding Way Beyond My Abilities.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 07:09 PM

Watch what you say, the Evil Department of Homeland Security may be watching.

As for Ohio, most of the legislation they are ramming through without fully reading will kill our already screwed up economy. The Universal Health care will become no choice as no changes are allowed in your existing health care plan once enacted. If there are changes better or worse, you must switch to the federal plan and once in it, you cannot leave. I'm in that bracket that if my employer dumps us into the public plan, I'm not eligible for reduced cost and have to possible pay up to $6000 a year from my wages. If I don't, I'll be taxed extra and still have no health care. This is based upon their numbers and not some shock jock on the radio.

Cap and trade is another disaster in the making. They want to switch to a Green economy, but how do you reconcile the cost to manufacturing? They say it takes 230 tons of steel to make a windmill, but who said it will be US steel? Cap and Trade will be the final coffin nail for US steel.

Then there is the fact that our economy is mostly based upon the service industry now, and not manufacturing. The manufacturing of durable goods is the back bone of an economy and the real wealth in it along with energy development, and natural resources. We gave up on these and conceded these to China and India as well as the middle east.

If you want to fix an economy, give these areas an 50% cut in their taxes and watch things fly. Right now, we are poised to have the highest tax rate in the world, we will pass Canada, and France. This will kill manufacturing.

I think he means well, but even JFK cut taxes to help, not raise them. I want someone in that office that thinks about those who live in this country first and worry about the rest of the world not second or even third, around five or six place would be good. Also before someone ask, I'm an independent.

Maloy
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-21-2009, 11:49 PM

If we can mix in religion and women's rights it could be the trifecta of dissention and mayhem!

Japanese scientists have created a camera with such a fast shutter speed they now can photograph a woman with her mouth shut.
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 01:02 AM

Red Herring,

In our current economy, if you can't depend on a consumer driven one, there are little alternatives.

Manufacturing, Energy development, and natural resources are all that is left. You point out a valid point about India and engineers. We need to get back to that point as well. However, the reason we graduate fewer engineers these days is due to the loss of manufacturing. A lot of that had to do with the left in this country and how they took over the education system.

Even Canada is having problems with the rising cost of health care and keeping cost down. You happen to be in BC which is actually one of the Providences doing well with it. However, the last I looked Canada was getting close to 20 cents of each dollar going to health care, and that was estimated to triple within 25 years, based upon published numbers within Canada itself.

Also to say manufacturing is gone forever is a cop out. The reason manufacturing is gone is the punitive nature of the western governments and their policies. If the Chinese can alter their economy they way they have done in the last 20 years, there isn't a single reason the US can't do the same if Government gets the hell out of the way and works with industry.

Last, fixing education is important, but the teacher unions have fought any meaningful changes that requires them to step up. Then if we can fix thing within the education system there is still the need to have meaningful jobs within a the system as well.

Maloy

Last edited by maloy; 07-22-2009 at 01:08 AM.
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 02:59 PM

Sorry to see this subject brought up. This is the kind of discussion that makes other forums take a dive! Why can't we just keep the political opinions to ourselves and talk about motorcycles??? Please?

Jeff in Illinois
07 Bandit
03 KLR
82 Rokon
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 03:01 PM Thread Starter

What is wrong with some politics?

I suppose if you do not like you do not have to read it.
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 04:05 PM

The ugliest arguments on any forum I have ever seen are because of political threads,go to a political forum if you want to talk abouit this ****,off topic area or not.Many forums have banned this type of thread,I hope they do here too

AMA EAA STN
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 07:12 PM

Last edited by Zammy; 05-03-2013 at 05:06 AM.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 07:23 PM

I shuddered when I saw this thread pop up. So far, our forum has been a great place with wonderfully civil people. Yeah, there's been an incident or two, but nothing I would consider out of hand by any means. I've seen far worse on other boards. I'm hoping this thread doesn't change that...

post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 08:06 PM Thread Starter

It does not have to get ugly. As long we can act like adults.

I believe this is one of the major problems in America. We do not want to talk about important thing. Just like what we just saw on tv.
The most important thing for us to do is try to come to an agreement on all issues. With this we can all suceed and turn this country around.
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 08:48 PM

Well, IF we could talk like adults it wouldn't be a problem, but like in a certain thread where a board member expressed 'less enthusiastic' views about his bike, it seemed to bother some to the point of almost getting hostile. And like in certain other threads about wearing gear, if you don't agree with the majority, you're considered stupid, and said majority have no problem being down right nasty about it.

And I agree with you, we have been successfully divided by certain factions to the point where we'll argue over the silliest things, all the while our leadership gets away with some pretty lousy crap...

post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-22-2009, 09:13 PM Thread Starter

I agree.

Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode