Heading Back To Puerto Rico In December - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 02:38 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Heading Back To Puerto Rico In December

Well hate to say its so. Will be going back to Puerto Rico after a few doctors appointments this december. Will be back in Ponce PR. I like that area, taking back over a business we sold last year. The owner is having health and family issues and needs to get back to the states quick. My GF really likes PR for the weather and business there is really really good. She wants me to go because we'll be there for multiple years or until she wants to retire. I wasn't planning on going back to work because i've been enjoying doing what i want for the last few years. But there its not really working and the island is beautiful i'll be surrounded by good looking women all day long...Yea its a tough job but someone has to do it right.. Will get a bike after a few months found a Harley/Yamaha Dealership and also a Kawasaki Dealership on the island. Leaning towards the FZ-09 or another Versys. Was going to ship my bike over but its just not a smart move. $1700.00 to have it shipped plus taxes and fees etc,etc. I'll keep the Versys so i have something to ride when i come back to visit Cali. Will still be very active on the forum.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 11-22-2013 at 02:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 05:37 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
As you say it's a tough job but someone has to do it. Good luck and bon voyage.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 10:14 PM
MTS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Best of luck Joseph!

God Speed!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 12:29 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
As you say it's a tough job but someone has to do it. Good luck and bon voyage.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Best of luck Joseph!

God Speed!

Thanks, Yea its rough i think the winter temperatures are usually in the 80's

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 12:03 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
...found a Harley/Yamaha Dealership and also a Kawasaki Dealership on the island. Leaning towards the FZ-09 or another Versys...I'll keep the Versys so i have something to ride when i come back to visit Cali. Will still be very active on the forum.
Having TWO Vs is MY suggestion, as it works so well for me!

You ALREADY know which 'farkles' work best....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 03:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Having TWO Vs is MY suggestion, as it works so well for me!

You ALREADY know which 'farkles' work best....

Will be keeping the farkles to a minimum. A few 12V Outlets, GPS Mount, Lowering Pegs,Highway Pegs,Admore Light Bar,Stebel Horn,Maybe a Cup Holder and a Topcase.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 06:27 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Two Vs set up exactly the same so you don't have to think about where you are. The only problem is when you leave something under the seat on one V and go looking for it on the other. LOL!

How many miles of roads are there in PR?

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 07:21 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Two Vs set up exactly the same so you don't have to think about where you are. The only problem is when you leave something under the seat on one V and go looking for it on the other. LOL!

How many miles of roads are there in PR?
The island is not that big.It takes about 2 hours to go across it. From San Juan to Ponce its about 1.5 to 2 hours depending on traffic. But there are quite a few roads that wind all over the place..Would be perfect for a Dual Sport because there are a lot of roads or trails in the jungle and mountains.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 09:45 PM

Have a great time, and looking forward to your videos from PR!

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigerpawed View Post
Have a great time, and looking forward to your videos from PR!

Will do...This time i'm going to actually enjoy myself while i'm there.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 07:41 AM

Best of wishes for you Joseph! Hope all goes well for you and your GF there.
post #12 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 11:50 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Two Vs set up exactly the same so you don't have to think about where you are. The only problem is when you leave something under the seat on one V and go looking for it on the other. LOL!....
When you set the two Vs up "the same" - you have the SAME stuff under each seat! (I carry a spare clutch cable under there, along w/ a 12v compressor and "Fuzeblock", on BOTH.)

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #13 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 02:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
When you set the two Vs up "the same" - you have the SAME stuff under each seat! (I carry a spare clutch cable under there, along w/ a 12v compressor and "Fuzeblock", on BOTH.)

If i was to do that it would be cheaper for me to just buy a Gold Wing there.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 09:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RN Barb View Post
Best of wishes for you Joseph! Hope all goes well for you and your GF there.
Thanks, The only bad thing is you can't get buttermilk on the island so i'll have to adjust the carrot cake recipe.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 10:13 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
You get to escape California's harsh winter just on time, eh?

It appears that you could cultivate your own buttermilk and let it produce more indefinitely... Is buttermilk outlawed in Puerto Rico?

http://www.whatwereeating.com/etc/bu...ure-its-alive/

Last edited by invader; 11-24-2013 at 11:10 PM.
post #16 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Thanks, The only bad thing is you can't get buttermilk on the island so i'll have to adjust the carrot cake recipe.
Well, you could use plain yogurt instead. Or is that not available there either? Or sour some milk with lemon juice. That would work too.
post #17 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 11:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
You get to escape California's harsh winter just on time, eh?

It appears that you could cultivate your own buttermilk and let it produce more indefinitely... Is buttermilk outlawed in Puerto Rico?

http://www.whatwereeating.com/etc/bu...ure-its-alive/
Not sure why but i never found any while i was there before..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #18 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-24-2013, 11:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RN Barb View Post
Well, you could use plain yogurt instead. Or is that not available there either? Or sour some milk with lemon juice. That would work too.

Not sure about yogurt..I've never eaten any that i know of. I'll just up the vegetable oil and it'll work out fine..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #19 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 07:50 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
I was talking about a personal item. I was reminded of this from a mansion I visited once. The owner had two identical homes. One up north and one in Florida. The only difference would be the personal items he carried back and forth.

Have you ever thought " Mmm, I know I left those keys sitting on that table." Well, in his case he did, but in the other home. LOL.

My Versys Travels:

post #20 of 27 (permalink) Old 11-25-2013, 10:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
I was talking about a personal item. I was reminded of this from a mansion I visited once. The owner had two identical homes. One up north and one in Florida. The only difference would be the personal items he carried back and forth.

Have you ever thought " Mmm, I know I left those keys sitting on that table." Well, in his case he did, but in the other home. LOL.

Its been like that for me. I have clothes,vehicle and a house in Texas,Puerto Rico and California. That way all i have to carry on the plane is my laptop no matter where i plan to stay. When i was just dating the GF i would come out from texas to cali every 4 to 6 weeks and just brought a carry on bag to take See's Candy and some Vanilla Rolls from a chinese bakery back to texas. My brother trip out one time he opened my bag and saw nothing but candy and vanilla rolls and said "wheres your clothes"

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode