My gripe of the day - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 09:10 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
My gripe of the day

I just gotta get this off my chest.
Don't you hate it when you're riding along and get an itch under your helmet? It's like having an itch under a cast or in your shoe.
This morning I had a piece of hair or something in my ear that just about drove me crazy the whole way to work, but I didn't feel like pulling over and removing gloves and helmet just to scratch. It really is one of the unfortunite things about riding a motorcycle that I haven't found a solution for.

Yesterday I pulled off the road onto the shoulder twice (once on my way to work, once on my way home) to let a tailgater go ahead of me. I've got to trust the driver behind me or I spend more time watching them than I do the road. If I don't trust them, I'll pull off to let them get in front of me where I can more easily watch them and control that space.
Both times it was a young female talking on her phone and not paying enough attention to driving. I wonder if these people just don't care about the lives of the people they share the roads with or they just don't understand the possible consequences of their actions or both.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 10:23 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Yep, the itch thing can really be a problem. Some have found that quickly stopping and then banging your helmet against something solid sometimes helps - and you don't have to take the helmet off either! It may not solve the itch problem but it does give the wearer something else to worry about.

At least it's not as serious as having a wasp fly into your helmet. That can get extremely exciting.

Regarding the second issue, It seems such folks either don't comprehend the risks they pose and/or simply don't care. It's the old, "it can't happen to me" syndrome I suspect. From a scientific perspective , it appears such folks stepped off the assembly line before reaching the common sense station. Very dangerous.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

Last edited by Arion; 11-21-2013 at 10:27 AM.
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Banned

Arion just about nailed it..............I vigorously shift my helmet around in the hope it will shift the itch, & even when l'm cruisin' in the truck ,let alone the 'bike,l will pull over to get people off my tail, they just aggravate me, so as they're not seeing it the way l am, l just let them go & carry on back into my "cruising'" mentality!
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 11:28 AM

My gripe of the day is that I got a parking ticket downtown in San Antonio Texas yesterday when I went to the Mexican Consulate. The parking police printed out on the ticket 'make' "Ducati"
geez what an insult.
$35 on a street with no signage whatsoever prohibiting parking.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 11:39 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko View Post
My gripe of the day is that I got a parking ticket downtown in San Antonio Texas yesterday when I went to the Mexican Consulate. The parking police printed out on the ticket 'make' "Ducati"
geez what an insult.
Yeah, Ducati parking tickets are $35 minimum. Kawasaki tickets are only $25. You did get screwed.
Most people who try to guess what my bike is guess it's a Ducati. I've heard BMW, Ducati, Aprilia.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 02:53 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiko View Post
geez what an insult.
I would fight it. Our city has magistrate for such matters.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray h View Post
I just gotta get this off my chest.
Don't you hate it when you're riding along and get an itch under your helmet? It's like having an itch under a cast or in your shoe.
This morning I had a piece of hair or something in my ear that just about drove me crazy the whole way to work, but I didn't feel like pulling over and removing gloves and helmet just to scratch. It really is one of the unfortunite things about riding a motorcycle that I haven't found a solution for.

Yesterday I pulled off the road onto the shoulder twice (once on my way to work, once on my way home) to let a tailgater go ahead of me. I've got to trust the driver behind me or I spend more time watching them than I do the road. If I don't trust them, I'll pull off to let them get in front of me where I can more easily watch them and control that space.
Both times it was a young female talking on her phone and not paying enough attention to driving. I wonder if these people just don't care about the lives of the people they share the roads with or they just don't understand the possible consequences of their actions or both.
I just grab the chin bar and move the helmet up and down.

I increase my following distance if I have a tailgator. That way I don't have to stop short. I also apply brakes when I need to slow down instead of just releasing the throttle.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 05:10 PM Thread Starter

Todays gripe, a bunch of ****!
I usually enjoy my 15 mile ride to and from work on the two lane country roads lined with trees, fields and farms, Not today though.
Apparently a truck or tractor full of manure was spilling it's load for about a 5 mile stretch. The smell was not at all pleasant but the worse part was dodging the lumps of crap scattered all over the road.
I didn't smell like crap when I got home so I guess I successfully avoided it.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 06:04 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
My gripe is i guess i'll be going to Puerto Rico to live before Christmas... Good thing is i get to buy a bike to ride there..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 06:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
My gripe is i guess i'll be going to Puerto Rico to live before Christmas... Good thing is i get to buy a bike to ride there..
For good or just through the holidays?
At least the weather will be more riding friendly through the winter.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 07:18 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ray h View Post
For good or just through the holidays?
At least the weather will be more riding friendly through the winter.
It looks like for good...Just too many business opportunities there. Will be coming back to Cali several times a year,So will keep the Versys to ride when i'm in the states. Will probably pick up a Yamaha FZ-09 in Puerto Rico. It looks like a perfect bike to zip around the island. If not i'll get another Versys. I don't care to live there but the little woman wants to for now so i'll go.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-21-2013, 09:36 PM
MTS

Quote:
It looks like for good...Just too many business opportunities there. Will be coming back to Cali several times a year,So will keep the Versys to ride when i'm in the states. Will probably pick up a Yamaha FZ-09 in Puerto Rico. It looks like a perfect bike to zip around the island. If not i'll get another Versys. I don't care to live there but the little woman wants to for now so i'll go.
Going to miss you bro!

Last time you went over there you didn't post.

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #12 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quote:
Joseph - we'll miss you Buddy!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #13 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 01:52 PM

Sneezing into a full face helmet is another gripe of mine...
post #14 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 02:01 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Going to miss you bro!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Joseph - we'll miss you Buddy!

Thanks guys...

MTS... i posted all the time there just no rides or videos..

I'll be over for a couple of months with the business and then i'll get a bike and make some videos of the ride around the island. I'll be on the forum quite abit. Won't be working 7 days a week this time.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 02:33 PM
MTS

Quote:
Thanks guys...

MTS... i posted all the time there just no rides or videos..

I'll be over for a couple of months with the business and then i'll get a bike and make some videos of the ride around the island. I'll be on the forum quite abit. Won't be working 7 days a week this time.
Awesome! Good to hear! I'm still working on that project. But some day we'll take a ride Joseph!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #16 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialsguy View Post
Try doing it in an old MK-IV diver's helmet.
post #17 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialsguy View Post
Get a flip front helmet.

10 Duc Streetfighter S (black)
09 Versys
00 KLR
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
USN 1959-65
post #18 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Going to miss you bro!

I remember that. We were all quite concerned while Joe was gone.

http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=21277
post #19 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-22-2013, 06:56 PM

I had a Yellow Jacket fly into the top of my jacket one Summer. That will make you do an emergency stop!
post #20 of 28 (permalink) Old 11-23-2013, 08:43 AM

My gripe of today is the weather is suck and riding is pretty much out. Rain, near freezing temps, and bone chilling breeze. Boo boooo
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode