LEGO Never Gets Old - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 04:03 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
LEGO Never Gets Old

Bear with me here, my Versys is parked for the Winter and I'm looking for things to do...

I was flipping through a gallery of photos on-line showing old LEGO sets. Suddenly I found one that I used to have when I was a kid:

Since all my old LEGO still exisits in the big bin my kids still play with, I thought we could do a father-son project and put this set together. This is the "Parts Bin" we had to search through:

We discovered the "elevator" piece for the rocket was broken, so we substituted with a newer one in red. Other than that, we pretty much got it all together by finding the original parts. I figure this set has not been fully assembled, as designed, for over 30 years.

Always trust your cape.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 04:49 PM

Awesome, I had that set as a kid too, along with a bunch of other of the space sets. I, too, still have my legos.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 07:11 PM

I love Lego's too. My mom gave all my old Lego's to my younger cousin when I went off to boot camp. I was pissed. I now wish I had them so I could share with my children. These newer sets are darn expensive. My 13 yr old son was into them a few years back and of course he wanted all of the Star Wars and Halo sets. Some of them are well over $200.

As a kid, I enjoyed all of the space stuff and the "City" stuff. I also had a cool set that made a large car where the steering wheel turned the front wheels.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 08:08 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
http://california.legoland.com

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 10:21 PM

lego digital designer

I used to have a lot of lego and gave it away when I was "growing out of it". and am kicking myself now when you see the prices.

There's a online building set you can download called lego digital designer that has every block available, you can build and then make the building plans after the fact as well.

An easy way to relive your child hood....lol

http://ldd.lego.com/en-us/download/

Last edited by scooter650; 11-17-2013 at 10:27 PM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
There's one in Florida too, near Disneyworld in Orlando.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 01:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
There's one in Florida too, near Disneyworld in Orlando.
I've been there. Bought a tecnic motorcycle that I have sitting on my desk at work.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode