Cop Gets Fired For This. WTF??????? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 01:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Cop Gets Fired For This. WTF???????

http://www.wsfa.com/story/23946615/m...-investigation

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 11-13-2013 at 02:05 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 01:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
The Wussification of America continues....

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 02:22 PM
Banned

Exclamation

I don't think he should have been fired, but I do think he should have been made to go back on the beat for a few months to;
A/ Teach him a lesson
&
B/ get some of that fat off him!...........

Last edited by Britmick; 11-13-2013 at 03:59 PM.
post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 03:18 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
My opinion he should not of lost his job but at least what would of been fair was give him a warning, some re training on how to be a better racer.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 03:20 PM

That's ridiculous, what a bunch of uptight pricks!

Lovin every minute of it!
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 04:31 PM

I don't think he should be fired for racing but he should be fired for poor judgement, what a dumbass.
I'm sorry, that was very stupid of him, he's wearing a uniform and represents alot of people wearing that same uniform, he's riding on equipment that was bought and maintained by taxpayers and he's out of the road being a punk and using the equipment as a toy in public and on video. His judgement is too bad to be a cop.
I'm all for fun but you just can't do that while working and on the taxpayer's dollar.
I work for the government and I drive a government vehicle that was taxpayer bought, I wouldn't dare drag race it and if I did I would most certainly be fired and I haven't even touched on the whole "it's his job to enforce the law" aspect of this.

Last edited by ray h; 11-13-2013 at 04:37 PM.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 08:19 PM

The cop is now expected to get a death sentence, as is evidently warranted.

The man who recorded a drag race he had with a Montgomery police officer says he's starting a petition to get the officer back his job... Spillers believes the officer's job should never have been in jeopardy.

It's obviously not a drag race at all. Cop took off quickly, and was caught up easily. No spin, no wheelie... He was simply being a good friendly cop. All this fuss is of course absolutely ridiculous.

Last edited by invader; 11-13-2013 at 08:29 PM.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 08:35 PM

Absolutely ridiculous to fire the guy over that.
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 08:44 PM

Talking

Uploaded on Jul 18, 2011

Eric C. Lewis, while on duty and in a marked police car, enticing another on-duty officer to engage in a drag race on a public highway.

This occurred in North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina, on the US Highway 17 approach to a sixty foot clearance bridge over the Intracoastal Waterway.

After drag racing, Lewis tears up the grass median by spinning his police cars wheels and dispenses advice to his subordinate on a good location to hide to avoid supervisors.

While all this is taking place, Lewis has a civilian with him, endangering his life as well as setting a terrible example of police misconduct.

Lewis "voluntarily" resigned. He was not cited for racing, which carries a one-year driver's license revocation, nor any other offense.

Lewis was then hired by William U. Booker, Jr, Town Manager for the Town of Atlantic Beach, South Carolina, not just as a police officer, but as the police chief, with no supervision.

The (Charleston) Post & Courier did an excellent series of articles entitled "Broken Badges" which documented how bad law enforcement officers get rehired, rather than having their law enforcement certification revoked by the South Carolina Criminal Justice Academy.
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 09:01 PM

I think the whole thing is ridiculous, as in ROTFL ridiculous. The video with the guy who misses the green light, the cop with his "turbo", the "exclusive" newscast, and especially the reporter onsite. She's like OMG! This is the biggest news in Montgomery! Can you believe something so unimaginable could ever happen here? And her questions, Did you know racing was illegal? Do you think an officer breaking the law no matter what level, burglary, drag racing- do you think something is wrong with that? Yeah, because racing and burglary are equivalent levels of crime.

And then the dude on the crotch rocket, he seemed to be getting the biggest kick out of being interviewed by the newscaster. Is he not aware that he has admitted to the crime on camera and will have to pay whatever fines/penalties?

I'm sorry the guy lost his job. He'll bounce back just fine though. Maybe he'll go work for a better PD somewhere.

2011 Imperial Red
Givi V46 / V35's SW Motech mounts
Skidmarx hugger Moto Werks bar riser
Mondo Motors LED Driving Lights
A little bit of road rash
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 11:59 PM
Banned

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post

It's obviously not a drag race at all. Cop took off quickly, and was caught up easily. No spin, no wheelie... He was simply being a good friendly cop. All this fuss is of course absolutely ridiculous.
Yeh........sure!
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 06:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray h View Post
I don't think he should be fired for racing but he should be fired for poor judgement, what a dumbass.
I'm sorry, that was very stupid of him, he's wearing a uniform and represents alot of people wearing that same uniform, he's riding on equipment that was bought and maintained by taxpayers and he's out of the road being a punk and using the equipment as a toy in public and on video. His judgement is too bad to be a cop.
I'm all for fun but you just can't do that while working and on the taxpayer's dollar.
I work for the government and I drive a government vehicle that was taxpayer bought, I wouldn't dare drag race it and if I did I would most certainly be fired and I haven't even touched on the whole "it's his job to enforce the law" aspect of this.
+1, agree with you totally. Not how I want my "public safety officers" to do their job.
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 06:34 AM
MTS

We must punish the evil doers!

No one is above the law except the higher ups! Sport stars, and Martha Stewart because she is a billionaire.

The rest of you sorry low lifers shall be punished to the full extent of the law!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 06:40 AM

The title of the thread states "Cop gets fired...". But in the link it states "The officer resigned his position with the force...."

So this thread is misleading, the newspaper article is not necessarily accurate, we do not know the full background or if the officer has done anything else during his career that could cause him to resign as opposed to be sacked.

On face value I think discipline such as a transfer out of the motorcycle department or a fine would be an appropriate punishment.

If cops want to have fun, they should do it when no one is looking!
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 09:46 AM
Banned

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Throttled View Post
The title of the thread states "Cop gets fired...". But in the link it states "The officer resigned his position with the force...."

So this thread is misleading, the newspaper article is not necessarily accurate, we do not know the full background or if the officer has done anything else during his career that could cause him to resign as opposed to be sacked.

On face value I think discipline such as a transfer out of the motorcycle department or a fine would be an appropriate punishment.

If cops want to have fun, they should do it when no one is looking!
Now you just stop all this sensible & logical talking mister!!!

This is America & the real facts of whatever happened are irrelevant!

What is needed in this case is hype & mass over reaction because this story is bigger than the tragedy that just happened in the Philippines!!!

post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 10:06 AM

This is rediculous. Next thing you know they'll be firing cops for robbing banks.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipco View Post
This is rediculous. Next thing you know they'll be firing cops for robbing banks.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olegeezer View Post
+1, agree with you totally. Not how I want my "public safety officers" to do their job.
Exactly, he's not your buddy, he's not your friend, he's a professional who is at work (or should be).
I will say, most of you guys are alot more liberal with your tax dollars than I am.
You ok paying for hookers and drugs for your government officials as well?

Last edited by ray h; 11-14-2013 at 02:02 PM.
post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 04:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Cop gets job back

http://www.wsfa.com/story/23970489/m...s-his-job-back

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 04:50 PM

The good news, everyone caught racing in Montgomery AL gets a free pass from here on out.
Shoot, I'm critical of the police when they can't use a turn signal or they perform a California stop at a stop sign, or they drive around with a cell phone stuck to their head (illegal in my work state), but I guess speed contest is OK.

Last edited by ray h; 11-14-2013 at 04:54 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode