Cardboard Radiator Grill ???? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Cardboard Radiator Grill ????

Was going through my footage from yesterdays ride and came across this. Looks like the guy had no clue that he had that on his car.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 11-11-2013 at 11:16 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 01:46 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wink

He thought that because it was clouded over he needed to retain some heat under the bonnet!!!(hood to you!)

Also Joe, you need to get out more, even if it's only to clear the leaves off the lawn!!!
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 01:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britmick View Post

Also Joe, you need to get out more, even if it's only to clear the leaves off the lawn!!!

I'll try.... i hate yard work.Thats why we have a gardner come by every monday.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 01:51 PM
Banned

Talking

Oh we have a gardener on hand 7 days a week!!!!

ME!!!!!
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Heres a couple of different fruits i just brought in from the backyard. Don't know what they are but my GF loves them....

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 05:01 PM
Banned

They're persimmons mate!
U can also make jam outa them if you have the patience.

Or cookies (biscuits in the UK) which will appeal to you I think!?!
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/persimmon-raisin-cookies/

Last edited by Britmick; 11-11-2013 at 05:03 PM.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-11-2013, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britmick View Post
They're persimmons mate!
U can also make jam outa them if you have the patience.

Or cookies (biscuits in the UK) which will appeal to you I think!?!
http://allrecipes.com/recipe/persimmon-raisin-cookies/

Good to know........Yea i'm a cookie or biscuit kinda guy..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 02:39 AM

As for the cardboard thing, the driver won't get a ticket for speeding if the camera is shooting from the front.
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 03:44 AM

This happens all the time here in SFLA. Stuff on the highway gets on someone and keeps there. Plastic bags or wrappers is very common I had swerved a few times a big piece of plastic coming to me with the intention of warping my head!!!!

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 05:14 AM
MTS

Good eye!

I wonder if his car will over heat after awhile?

Talking about things flying around, saw a u-tube video of a semi tire that came off and bounced over the middle concrete on the highway.

Didn't that happen to your wife's car Joseph? Like a year ago? That is just frickin scary!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-13-2013, 12:15 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Good eye!

I wonder if his car will over heat after awhile?

Talking about things flying around, saw a u-tube video of a semi tire that came off and bounced over the middle concrete on the highway.

Didn't that happen to your wife's car Joseph? Like a year ago? That is just frickin scary!

Yep almost 2 years ago. A truck tire came off hit a car bounced across the freeway hit another car bounced straight up in the air and came down on the front left side of her hood. The car was totaled her face was swollen from the air bag going off. If the tire would have come back a few feet it would have landed in her lap. Thats when i installed the video camera in her car. That part of the freeway they have cameras set up so the cop saw what happened before he went to the scene. He let her know just how lucky she was. She never saw the tire until it hit her car because it just dropped straight down on her.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 04:37 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
A few years ago there was a rash of truck wheels coming off and killing others on the highway, around Toronto.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 04:50 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
A few years ago there was a rash of truck wheels coming off and killing others on the highway, around Toronto.
Thats right Invader posted on that right after my girls accident...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-14-2013, 05:36 PM

We had a bunch of trucks lose tires around here about 6 years ago.
One of them came off and rolled across the interstate and an exit ramp and into an IHOP. I don't think it killed anyone but it did injure a few and messed the restaurant up pretty good.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode