People who cannot ride - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
People who cannot ride

Two Wheels Only in Suches is a great place to relax and it is also a great place to see dumbasses on bikes. The driveway is at an angle and is graveled ,makes for some interesting turns. This one guy on a Gixxer went past the driveway and then decided to turn. Well he never gave a turn signal and the guy behind him had to lock his bike down and he slide past and the guy on the Gixxer just up and fell over. Some funny ****. Another young man on a Ninja 250 fell coming into the driveway and his dad did not check to see if he was alright he ran over and checked the bike out. People buy big cruisers and have no ideal how to ride them. They paddle them at low speeds like they were a toy with no engine. It took two people to park one bike. We laughed so friggin much my side hurt. It got to the point I did not want to leave. Better then watching comedy on TV. :008: We need some laws about learning to ride before you buy a bike.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 06:33 AM

I love TWO and your right, you do get a great show sitting on the porch. Seen a few dumbasses on the Richard Russell Parkway across the road also.

81 Honda CB750F with Jupiter sidecar, 82 Honda CB750F, 86 Yamaha Radian, 87 BMW K100RS, 2002 Honda XR 200R, 2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250, 2009 Green Versys, 2010 Kawasaki Vukcan 900 Custom
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 08:54 AM

Here in Madrid, New Mexico, there is a bar with a porch that sits way up over a gravel parking lot. You can sit out and watch the bikes pull in. Now, not to make fun of others misfortune, there-but-for-the-grace-of-God-go-I, I have seen some approaches as landing that mimic the skills of the long since extinct Doo Doo bird. $$$ in chome and plastic pieces litter the driveway. I can't imagine how the actually got it out of the driveway, got gas, and rode it to the bar. Nor can I imagine what a few beers will do for the take off!
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 12:20 PM

To be fair, the gravel at TWO is composed partially of a rare gravity-reflecting stone that reflects its anti-gravity beams at acute angles primarily at brightly colored plastic-content devices with two wheels on dates with odd numbers when laid at a slope of 15 degrees or greater that is adjoined by grassy verge.

I have heard that a side-effect is that the beams cause certain mouth-breathers to suddenly lose all muscle coordination, but that is speculation.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 05:18 PM Thread Starter

Lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 06:42 PM

Haven't got anything like that around here, but the county boat launch is hilarious on weekends. I could sit all day and watch complete idiots launch and recover their boats. Saw one power load his boat, and he broke the winch post off and wound up IN the pickup bed as the bow destroyed the cab window and roof.....

10 Duc Streetfighter S (black)
09 Versys
00 KLR
67 Triumph Bonneville TT Special
USN 1959-65
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-12-2009, 07:01 PM

Try the deals gap resort on Sundays just sit back on the bench and watch em roll in. And at the top at the overlook. We just sit there and watch the fun. It is amamzing what you will see and hear.
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 11:15 AM

Slight topic change...

Mountainrider, it's been years since I got to hang out on the porch at TWO - how are Britt and GT doing?

Mmmm, cooler run...

Val Gregory
AMA 466527, DoD 1258
'90 Hawk GT
'08 Versys

Tell the truth, explain to me, how you got this need for speed?
She laughed and said, "It might just be the next best thing to love."
- David Wilcox, "Eye of the Hurricane"

post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 11:54 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Val Gregory View Post
Mountainrider, it's been years since I got to hang out on the porch at TWO - how are Britt and GT doing?

Mmmm, cooler run...
GT is doing fine. Business is a little slow. Seems that people are not coming up like they used to. He did have a good weekend this week though. I have not seen Britt in a long time. She does not come around.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 06:27 PM

I hate sloped gravel, especially on a bike I can't flatfoot. I still get nervous on my own gravel driveway, and it is totally flat. I'll be in the area in a week or two, but I'll probably pass on TWO so as not to be the dumbass entertainment for the day.

Back Off! I'm Already Riding Way Beyond My Abilities.

post #11 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-13-2009, 06:33 PM Thread Starter

I promise not to laugh

post #12 of 12 (permalink) Old 07-14-2009, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by potus2012 View Post
I hate sloped gravel, especially on a bike I can't flatfoot. I still get nervous on my own gravel driveway, and it is totally flat. I'll be in the area in a week or two, but I'll probably pass on TWO so as not to be the dumbass entertainment for the day.
Oh, heavens, it's not THAT bad. The slope's between the road and the building - the parking area south of the lodge and on the east side of the lodge are nice'n'flat. Ya just roll down the hill from the road coming in, watch for the traffic (there's actually reasonably good visibility to that) and power up to get out. Take a pass on the beer/scotch/Liquid Stupid and you'll be fine.

TWO is really not to be missed. Good food, better company, and motorcycle oriented. Such places are rare, and deserve to be supported.

Val Gregory
AMA 466527, DoD 1258
'90 Hawk GT
'08 Versys

Tell the truth, explain to me, how you got this need for speed?
She laughed and said, "It might just be the next best thing to love."
- David Wilcox, "Eye of the Hurricane"

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode