SUV runs over bikers. Bikers attack SUV - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 07:25 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
SUV runs over bikers. Bikers attack SUV

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 08:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
What a bunch of idiots. I think group rides are great, safety in numbers, but with that many people you start to get a mob mentality, especially when many of the members ride above the law to begin with. I can definitely see how a lone car in the middle of them could fall subject to harassment, potentially putting the driver in a very uncomfortable situation.

2012 Kawasaki Versys 650 - 20,500 miles
2000 Volvo V70XC 2.4T - 258,000 miles
post #3 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 08:23 PM

In the end, bikers lost - some of them arrested, bikes siezed.
However investigation is still going-on, apparently.
post #4 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 08:26 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Yep crap like this make it bad for the rest of us...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 09:49 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Stupid motherfarkers.
post #6 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 10:32 PM

As I suspected: "Alexian Lien's Range Rover was the man attacked by motorcyclists after he accidentally hit a biker... a large number of motorcyclists were driving 'erratically' and he 'accidentally collided with one'. The footage shows one motorcyclist brake hard in front the the car and seems to get bumped by it. He pulled over but some of the bikers started to damage the vehicle. The NYPD spokesman told MailOnline the driver drove off 'to avoid an impending assault'... Fearing for the safety of his wife Roslyn Ng and young child, aged five months, the SUV driver then sped off, hitting several bikers in its path."

More info, photos and videos: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...reet-ride.html

I do like how he drove over those Mad Max arssholes. Crowding and harassing a young couple in an SUV sure isn't a good plan, especially Asians with a baby in a Range Rover.

Last edited by invader; 09-30-2013 at 11:47 PM.
post #7 of 35 (permalink) Old 09-30-2013, 11:13 PM
MTS

Good Lord! Mobs are bad!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #8 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 02:45 AM

Garage
It's really interesting to see the different reactions between you guys and some other groups I read.
post #9 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 03:01 AM

Who and how?
post #10 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 04:58 AM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
It's really interesting to see the different reactions between you guys and some other groups I read.
You mean the reaction from the HD group
post #11 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwi 41 View Post
You mean the reaction from the HD group
no most of the motorcycle forums I go to including the Harley forums are for the suv.
post #12 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 08:24 AM

Garage
I'm not aware of that "social" mouvement

WTF ?

Who are those biker ?
Why are they pissing up cars and blocking street/highway ?
What's their point ?

And they are so many, maybe I would get scared a bit ...

Don't get it ...

LOP
post #13 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 08:27 AM

One of the rare cases where id be in the drivers side...

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #14 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 08:41 AM

Yeah, the sentiment here seems to be about the same all around. Over on the Tiger forum we're having the same discussion.

What was interesting to me was that it seems like the driver was antagonized. In the link we have, it's clear 18 seconds in that one of the riders is provoking the driver, then does a close, intentional brake check and gets tagged as a result.

Kinda feel bad for the driver. He panicked. He should have called 911.
post #15 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 08:56 AM

It's now even on Canadian news.

The encounter on Sunday between the S.U.V. driver and the bikers began at about 2 p.m., the police said, as the motorcyclists filled the northbound side of the highway in Upper Manhattan. Mr. Forde said after the official ride was canceled at the last minute on Sunday, he joined a large group that headed across the Brooklyn Bridge and up the West Side. There, they encountered the sport utility vehicle. He said the driver sped up when the riders approached and hurled obscenities at them.

As the video begins, the Range Rover can be seen in the center lane, surrounded on either side by motorcycles, some without license plates. One of the riders appears to slow down in front of the car and is struck, causing the group to stop and block the entire highway.

The police said the collision appeared to have been inadvertent on the part of the driver... Moments later, the vehicle accelerates toward the riders who are blocking its path, crashing into several of them and appearing to roll over at least one motorcycle. The police said that the motorcyclist who had initially been struck sustained broken legs, but that no other serious injuries were reported.

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/10/01/ny...-say.html?_r=0
post #16 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 09:11 AM

Range Rover has improved their traction control!

I wonder if the riders would've been so blatent if it was an area where either open carry or ccw was allowed?

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #17 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 09:59 AM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaverickAus View Post
I "get" where you're coming from Mav;, they have a totally different mentality to anything that's not within the strict guidelines of The Law over here, so l think you know you'd be flogging the proverbial dead donkey if you really told us your views on it.

My view is, what they did isn't socially acceptable, but they were obviously out that day to make a point, & they made it in the wrong way, but then again, they seemed to be on some strange machines that cause them to ride with their anus above their heads, so maybe all the sh*t moved forward!!!
post #18 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 01:50 PM

Grabbed from ADV.....

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Justi...11664345601619

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #19 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 02:13 PM

Punks and thugs out looking for a reaction. Well, they got one. The Range Rover driver should have backed up to get a few more. What a bunch of losers.

On a side note this whole thing might just be a viral add for Icon chest protectors and leather vest's.

Falling down is your bodies way of saying you just screwed up.

IBA# 38547
post #20 of 35 (permalink) Old 10-01-2013, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuff View Post
Punks and thugs out looking for a reaction. Well, they got one. The Range Rover driver should have backed up to get a few more. What a bunch of losers.
Really? All I saw was an ahole rider braking aggressively, getting hit, then most others stopping out of curiosity/concern. When the car ran the guy over, the other bikers gave chase, but most of them still kept their distance throughout the whole ordeal. There was only a handful of riders that were doing anything but watching. Why would any of them deserve to be attacked, as 99% of the crowd were merely bystanders? You can't honestly argue that the entire pack of bikers were horrible people out to randomly attack this man's family and eat his baby?

People in this country just need to stop with this macho violence BS. We're all human, and do stupid, impulsive things sometimes. It doesn't mean we all deserve to die because of it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode