Carrot Cake Recipe - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 10:32 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 15,653
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Carrot Cake Recipe

I've had a few people ask for it so here ya go....




Joey’s Carrot Cake


2-Cups Sugar
2-Cups Flour
2-Teaspoons Baking Soda
2-Teaspoons Cinnamon
1-Teaspoon Salt
2-Teaspoons Vanilla Extract
1.5 Cups Coconut
1- 8 oz. Can Crushed Pineapple drain off juice
¾ Cup Butter Milk
¾ Cup Wesson Vegetable Oil
4-Eggs
Mix Above Ingredients Together
3.5 Cups Grated Carrots
Added To Above Mixed Ingredients
Bake At 350Degrees For 50 minutes to 1 Hour (Depending on oven) In An 8x12 inch Greased & Floured Pan

Icing
2-8oz.Cream Cheese Blocks
1-Stick Butter
1-Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
2-Cups Confection Sugar (powdered )
Mix Well
Take Butter & Cream Cheese Out Early Enough to Get Soft / Put Icing On Cooled Cake
Optional 3/4 cup Chopped Pecans sprinkled on Icing

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 12-23-2015 at 03:57 PM.
weljo2001 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 10:33 AM
Member
 
Lours_Polaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Way up north
Posts: 1,389
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Weljo

I think that you should get the gold medal for the oddest topic, even if it's in the "off topic" section ...

I probably will try it !!!


Cheers Weljo !


LOP
Lours_Polaire is offline  
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 10:38 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 15,653
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lours_Polaire View Post
Weljo

I think that you should get the gold medal for the oddest topic, even if it's in the "off topic" section ...

I probably will try it !!!


Cheers Weljo !


LOP


Thanks, "I Think"

Getting ready to pull a carrot cake out of the oven in 3 minutes....Yummy Yummy...

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
weljo2001 is offline  
post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 11:22 AM
Member
 
goat12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,170
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Name another motorcycle forum that can give you detailed diagrammed oil change instructions AND a carrot cake recipe! I dare you!!



To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
goat12 is offline  
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 01:17 PM
Member
 
genehil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mount Dora, FL
Posts: 1,251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Dilly Bread Ingredients:

1 (.25 ounce) package active dry yeast
1/4 cup warm water
1/2 tablespoon honey
1 cup cottage cheese
1 tablespoon margarine
2 tablespoons white sugar
2 teaspoons dill seed
2 teaspoon dried minced onion
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1 egg
2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour

Here are the procedures I use for making bread... ingredients altered accordingly.


1. Prepare water/honey/yeast as per video
2. In a large saucepan, warm the cottage cheese and margarine until the fat is melted. Remove from heat, and add sugar, onion flakes, dill seed, salt, soda and egg.
3. Combine proofed yeast from step 1 with ingredients from step 2.
4. Refer to video for remainder of steps for adding flour, kneeding dough, etc.

I have baked my dilly bread sometimes in a round loaf on a cookie sheet... sometimes in a loaf pan.

It's great when sliced and slathered with butter and topped with koshur salt then toasted under the broiler coils in my toaster/oven.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72

Last edited by genehil; 08-30-2013 at 03:13 PM.
genehil is offline  
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 02:03 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 15,653
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
We need a Recipe Section on the Forum.



Gonna have to try that bread..

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
weljo2001 is offline  
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 02:09 PM
Member
 
RN Barb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Posts: 191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Hey Joseph....in your carrot cake recipe when you say 1 stick of butter, is that 1/2 cup? Not sure of the US/Canadian conversion.....lol!
RN Barb is offline  
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 15,653
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by RN Barb View Post
Hey Joseph....in your carrot cake recipe when you say 1 stick of butter, is that 1/2 cup? Not sure of the US/Canadian conversion.....lol!
Yep half a cup or 8 Tablespoons.. But Real Butter is Better....Not Margarine.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
weljo2001 is offline  
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 02:55 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 15,653
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Taste Test......

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

Yep .... It's Yummy

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
weljo2001 is offline  
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 03:11 PM
Member
 
genehil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Mount Dora, FL
Posts: 1,251
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
It's on my to-do list.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
genehil is offline  
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-30-2013, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 15,653
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
If you like Vanilla Wafers. You'll love this....


Vanilla Wafer Cake

1-Box Vanilla Wafers Crushed (not to fine)
3-Eggs
1-tsp. Vanilla
½ cup Eagle Brand Sweet Condensed Milk
1-Cup Pecans
1-Cup Coconut
1-Stick Butter
1-Cup Sugar
1-tsp. Baking Powder
Melt Butter In Microwave Add Eggs,Vanilla,Milk,Sugar and Baking Powder Together.
Then Add Pecans,Coconut and Crushed Vanilla Wafers.
Bake In Pre-Heated Oven At 350 Degrees For 50-55 Minutes.
Spray Pan With Bakers Joy or Grease and Flour
Tube Pans Or Bundt Pans Work Best

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
weljo2001 is offline  
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 09:06 AM
Member
 
Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: western Massachusetts
Posts: 1,791
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Potato Soup a la Bones

Ingredients:

4 cups diced potatoes (Red Bliss if you like skins on, Yukon Gold or PEI White if you want to peel, but NOT Russets…too mealy for soup)

1 cup diced smoked ham

1/3 cup diced celery

1/3 cup diced carrots

1/3 cup finely chopped mild onion or scallions or leeks (NOT red onions…too powerful)

3 1/4 cups water

2 cups milk (whole milk makes thicker broth, skim milk makes thinner broth)

1/2 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt, or to taste (less if the ham is salty)

1 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste (you can always add more when served)

4 tablespoons butter (don’t you dare use margarine)

4 tablespoons all-purpose flour (thickener…use tapioca starch if you prefer)

Method:

1. Combine potatoes, celery, onion, ham and water in a stockpot. You have a stockpot, right? Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper.

2. In separate saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Whisk in flour (a fork will work but a whisk is better), stirring constantly until thick, about a minute. Stir in milk slowly (so no lumps form) until all of the milk has been added. Continue stirring over low heat until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.

3. Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot, and cook soup until heated through. Serve immediately.

Notes:

- I cooked this in a crock pot once and it came out great. Leave the butter and flour out until the end. After several hours in the pot, spoon out some of the broth to make the butter/flour/broth mixture in a saucepan (step 2 above), then stir it in just before you are ready to serve the soup.

- I think the ham’s smoke flavor makes this dish, but if you don’t want smoke flavor to be dominant, either use less smoked ham or use cooked (i.e., boiled) ham instead.

- If you want to use bacon instead of ham, which is fine because bacon improves everything, use crumbled bacon that was cooked well-done and add it as a garnish. (“Here’s your soup, Joey...just stir in the bacon and enjoy!”) Wait until you’re ready to serve the finished soup or the bacon will get chewy.

- Some people like the flavor of bouillon in soup. I don’t, but if you do, add 1 or 2 tablespoons during cooking.

- I like to season my serving of potato soup with a couple shakes of Old Bay…highly recommended.

- A 2-to-3 pound boiled Maine lobster makes a great complement this soup. So does a college football game, after-ride dining with your riding bros, or a quiet night at home with your dog (he wants to lick the pot).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Norton soup.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	30962  


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2019 F750GS
2014 R1200RT
2008 Versys (SOLD 11/19)
2003 ST1300ABS (SOLD 5/15)
IBA 59868
Bones is offline  
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 10:47 AM
Super Moderator
 
kiwi 41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: 44.24'S 171.15'E Timaru, NewZealand
Posts: 8,623
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Taste Test......

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

Yep .... It's Yummy
Yep that works for me
kiwi 41 is offline  
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 15,653
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Potato Soup a la Bones

Ingredients:

4 cups diced potatoes (Red Bliss if you like skins on, Yukon Gold or PEI White if you want to peel, but NOT Russets…too mealy for soup)

1 cup diced smoked ham

1/3 cup diced celery

1/3 cup diced carrots

1/3 cup finely chopped mild onion or scallions or leeks (NOT red onions…too powerful)

3 1/4 cups water

2 cups milk (whole milk makes thicker broth, skim milk makes thinner broth)

1/2 teaspoon Kosher or sea salt, or to taste (less if the ham is salty)

1 teaspoon ground black pepper, or to taste (you can always add more when served)

4 tablespoons butter (don’t you dare use margarine)

4 tablespoons all-purpose flour (thickener…use tapioca starch if you prefer)

Method:

1. Combine potatoes, celery, onion, ham and water in a stockpot. You have a stockpot, right? Bring to a boil, then cook over medium heat until potatoes are tender, about 10 to 15 minutes. Stir in salt and pepper.

2. In separate saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Whisk in flour (a fork will work but a whisk is better), stirring constantly until thick, about a minute. Stir in milk slowly (so no lumps form) until all of the milk has been added. Continue stirring over low heat until thick, 4 to 5 minutes.

3. Stir the milk mixture into the stockpot, and cook soup until heated through. Serve immediately.

Notes:

- I cooked this in a crock pot once and it came out great. Leave the butter and flour out until the end. After several hours in the pot, spoon out some of the broth to make the butter/flour/broth mixture in a saucepan (step 2 above), then stir it in just before you are ready to serve the soup.

- I think the ham’s smoke flavor makes this dish, but if you don’t want smoke flavor to be dominant, either use less smoked ham or use cooked (i.e., boiled) ham instead.

- If you want to use bacon instead of ham, which is fine because bacon improves everything, use crumbled bacon that was cooked well-done and add it as a garnish. (“Here’s your soup, Joey...just stir in the bacon and enjoy!”) Wait until you’re ready to serve the finished soup or the bacon will get chewy.

- Some people like the flavor of bouillon in soup. I don’t, but if you do, add 1 or 2 tablespoons during cooking.

- I like to season my serving of potato soup with a couple shakes of Old Bay…highly recommended.

- A 2-to-3 pound boiled Maine lobster makes a great complement this soup. So does a college football game, after-ride dining with your riding bros, or a quiet night at home with your dog (he wants to lick the pot).




Man i love a good potato soup.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
weljo2001 is offline  
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 08-31-2013, 12:55 PM
Member
 
RN Barb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Posts: 191
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Oh goodie! A thread I can contribute to!

Best Ever Pork Tenderloin Marinade

1/4 cup olive oil
1 T worchestershire sauce
1 tsp ginger
3-4 garlic cloves crushed
1/4 cup brown sugar
3 T Dijon mustard
1/4 Jack Daniels

Mix all and pour into ziploc bag containing 2 pork tenderloins. Let sit in fridge for 3-4 hours and let meat warm to room temperature before BBQ'ing.

** If I see pork tenderloins on sale I will marinade the lot for about two hours then put 2/ziploc bag and some marinade and then freeze them. Easy quick supper! Enjoy! **
RN Barb is offline  
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 01:53 PM
Member
 
Lours_Polaire's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Way up north
Posts: 1,389
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Thanks, "I Think"

Getting ready to pull a carrot cake out of the oven in 3 minutes....Yummy Yummy...
No sarcasm intended !

Admiration intended !!


LOP
Lours_Polaire is offline  
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 02:14 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 15,653
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lours_Polaire View Post
No sarcasm intended !

Admiration intended !!


LOP

I know. I was just having fun.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
weljo2001 is offline  
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 04:21 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Stickpokeville in the State of Oblivion
Posts: 895
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Thumbs up $1.97 a pound best beef ever!!

1st of all, l'm afraid you have to go to Wallies!!!!
Go to the "fresh" beef section, bottom shelf/row will be BRISKET in large vacuum packed portions costing from $17.50 to about $24..........
Buy yourself a donut for getting this far as you leave Wallies.

Now, depending on the size of your family, you will need to cut the brisket into meal sized portions.(we cut it into 4 sections, which means 4 portions per section, or 2 nights' dinner for 2)

Freeze 3 sections, marinade the unfroze piece in a pirex or similar in a small amount of smoked sauce just rubbed into it, but not so as it's gunky, then sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce & teriyaki sauce, some Italian herbs & cilantro or whatever takes your fancy, (no more salt as the sauces have plenty in them)

Put the meat FAT SIDE UP!!!

I leave it in the fridge covered with silver foil overnight then in the morning
set the oven to 350'f, put in the roast with the foil still covering it, then after 1/2hr turn it down to 275'f & go & ride your 'bike for 6hrs at least!!!!

If you decide to stay out 8 or even 10hrs it will only get better!!

15 minutes before you have cooked whatever veggies you like (l throw some par boiled 'taters around the roast when there's about 2hrs left to eating time) then take off the foil or lid & set the oven to broil/grill & put the top of the roast about 8-10" below the flame/element.

Let it "sit" for about 15mins after bringing it out of the oven then cut it against the grain........gravy can be made from the juices!!!

Don't invite anyone over to share it or you'll never get rid of them!!!

Last edited by Britmick; 09-03-2013 at 04:24 PM.
Britmick is offline  
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 09-03-2013, 05:09 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 15,653
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Britmick View Post
1st of all, l'm afraid you have to go to Wallies!!!!
Go to the "fresh" beef section, bottom shelf/row will be BRISKET in large vacuum packed portions costing from $17.50 to about $24..........
Buy yourself a donut for getting this far as you leave Wallies.

Now, depending on the size of your family, you will need to cut the brisket into meal sized portions.(we cut it into 4 sections, which means 4 portions per section, or 2 nights' dinner for 2)

Freeze 3 sections, marinade the unfroze piece in a pirex or similar in a small amount of smoked sauce just rubbed into it, but not so as it's gunky, then sprinkle with Worcestershire sauce & teriyaki sauce, some Italian herbs & cilantro or whatever takes your fancy, (no more salt as the sauces have plenty in them)

Put the meat FAT SIDE UP!!!

I leave it in the fridge covered with silver foil overnight then in the morning
set the oven to 350'f, put in the roast with the foil still covering it, then after 1/2hr turn it down to 275'f & go & ride your 'bike for 6hrs at least!!!!

If you decide to stay out 8 or even 10hrs it will only get better!!

15 minutes before you have cooked whatever veggies you like (l throw some par boiled 'taters around the roast when there's about 2hrs left to eating time) then take off the foil or lid & set the oven to broil/grill & put the top of the roast about 8-10" below the flame/element.

Let it "sit" for about 15mins after bringing it out of the oven then cut it against the grain........gravy can be made from the juices!!!

Don't invite anyone over to share it or you'll never get rid of them!!!


Being from Texas. I'm a big fan of brisket...Went to a Wal-Mart SuperCenter in Puerto Rico looking for a brisket. They didn't even know what a brisket was....

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
weljo2001 is offline  
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 05-17-2014, 09:22 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
weljo2001's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Norwalk CA
Posts: 15,653
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Ahhh its been awhile since i made a Carrot Cake. Got invited to a BBQ today and my buddies wife loves my carrot cake. Its been so hot this week i got up at 4am to make the cake its all done just waiting for it to cool down to put the icing on..

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Video Channel
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Photos...
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
weljo2001 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome