New V Strom coming - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 08:02 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
New V Strom coming

http://suzuki-vstrom.com
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 09:03 PM

All the folks that are in love with the 1000 are going to flip over that thing! I've always preferred the 650 myself...
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 09:15 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Who ever designed the beak must have been an H.R. Puff-N-Stuff fan

1183029539_ml by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 08-27-2013 at 09:19 PM.
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 09:21 PM

Garage
I like it. Definitely much nicer than the current one.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 11:24 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
More appealing than the Versys 1000.

Honda will also reintroduce a new Africa Twin in 2015. Pictures are the old 2002 model.
http://www.gazzetta.it/Passione-Moto...394307.shtml#0

Google Translation:
The phrase that has warmed the hearts of all Enduro riders in the world it delivered Vito Cicchetti, general manager of Honda Italy, during an interview with Motorcycling : "He will come the new Africa Twin and will have a two-cylinder engine." Evidently, in the house of the Wing must have realized that they had at home a treasure that for some reason had stopped to exploit. Who led an Africa Twin knows what that means: the XRV750 (the acronym of production of the last Africa Twin, license plate 2003) was an excellent bike, steady like a train, very good both on the road and highway, but even better on the dirt road. And above all he needed little maintenance. Not by chance still on the Italian roads will circulate many: the proverbial resistance of the bike makes it still an investment that never gets old.

WAITING TO BE DISCOVERED - Details are few, but we do know that the new Africa Twin will not see the light until 2015. It will therefore be unveiled to the public during the Intermot in Cologne in 2014. A long wait will be worth the effort with numerous innovations. It will be a revolutionary bike and very devoted to off-road vehicles, according to statements by Honda managers. It is therefore likely that will have a completely new engine, while many details cycling and style will be taken dall'immarcescibile Africa Twin produced from 1988 (when the displacement was 650). Imagine also that, given the type of bike, it could be equipped with the DCT semi-automatic transmission that is becoming increasingly popular in the Honda range. The only thing on which we would like to put my finger on it is that at least one of the liveries will be presented the classic white with red stripes and blue, with dark blue saddle.

Last edited by twowheels; 08-28-2013 at 03:17 AM.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 06:06 AM

If Europe will get the Africa Twin in 2015 I guess we won't see it until 2019.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 06:27 AM

Garage
Trying to outdo BMW
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode