Wheels Through Time Museum - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-26-2013, 03:58 PM Thread Starter
rlj

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Wheels Through Time Museum

Left Atlanta this morning heading up to the lake and decided to go up to Maggie Valley and check out Wheels Through Time Museum, only about an hour out of the way. I've never heard of it until recently, watching What's in the Barn on Velocity Channel. If you haven't seen it, it a great show of a guy named Dale and his son chasing down vintage bikes. http://www.wheelsthroughtime.com

When I pulled into the lot and walked up to the building, Dale Walksler was out front talking to a group of tourist, they were from another country and a lady mentions that she's never ridden in a sidecar before. Low behold Dale says "come over here".........(click pic to play video)

As I was in the museum later on, Dale is over by one of his Crocker's and someone asks him to start it up, says "no problem"....... (click pic to play video)

Dale was walking around the place talking to everyone and answering every question asked. Seems like a pretty good guy.

I ended up by 7 raffles for a 34 Knucklehead being raffled off in November. Bought a hat, few t-shirts and a leather keychain.

If you ever get a chance to visit the museum it's well worth it! Some of the coolest and rarest bikes in the world.........

Hopped on the Blue Ridge Parkway for about an hour and then headed back to the lake.

Drinking a cold beer now and getting ready to smoke some ribs....all in all, a pretty nice day.

13 Yamaha FJR 1300
09 Kawasaki KLX 250S
05 HD Sportster Roadster 1200
02 Malaguti F12 Phantom 49cc Italian Scooter

Last edited by rlj; 08-26-2013 at 04:23 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 07:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
One of my favorite places !!!!!! In one of my favorite areas....

'15 DL1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode