My Harley Buddy Crashed On PCH - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 01:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
My Harley Buddy Crashed On PCH

Went up to neptune's net sunday and after a great ride going there. We were headed back home getting towards the end of malibu on the way to the 405. We were in the right hand lane riding staggered i was in the left side of the right lane leading. On the video i see we were just doing 30mph when a group of younger girls earliy 20's about 6 of them that were walking on the side walk. All of a sudden they just dashed out in front of us like they didn't see us or just thought they could make it. We both hit the brakes and i could see paul in my mirror and his front wheel tucked and he went down like some one did a judo throw on him.(Later i found very small gravel in his lane) I pulled over and by the time i got my helmet off and got to him.I see a woman sitting in the road holding pauls head.A doctor happened to be there so he was checking his vital signs another group had picked his bike up and got it to the side of the road. When i came to then front of the scene i could tell paul was in pain and he had a gash at his knee and his elbow but he was able to move them. I looked back at his head and the whole time he was being cradled in the bosom of an angel. This lady was dressed for the beach and looked like she was a swimsuit model at that moment all i could think of was damn i not wearing my helmet with the camera because paul would love to see this. About that time the girls that had darted in front of us came over and the good size crowd of people that had seen what happened just started yelling at the girls. I thought a few were going to get physical with them so i intervened and calmed it down. He was taken to the hospital and i stayed with his bike till AAA picked it up and hauled it home. The worst part was getting to his house and having to tell his wife. They cleaned and stitched him up and sent him home that early evening. I was really amazed at how so many people sprang into action to help in anyway they could. The bike really didn't have much damage to it. Later i made it a point tell to paul that if he had been wearing a jacket and pants with armor that he would have been able to ride the bike home.

The last 3 times i've been up the PCH. One time a car hits me 2 leg fractures and a fractured wrist. Time before this Nail in new tire and get pulled over by the cops. This time its my buddy.Don't think i'll be going up there anytime soon.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 02:18 PM
MTS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Sorry to hear this weljo!

I hope Paul heals up quickly! "cradled in the bosom of an angle"

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by MTS; 08-12-2013 at 02:28 PM.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 02:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Went up to neptune's net sunday and after a great ride going there. We were headed back home getting towards the end of malibu on the way to the 405. We were in the right hand lane riding staggered i was in the left side of the right lane leading. On the video i see we were just doing 30mph when a group of younger girls earliy 20's about 6 of them that were walking on the side walk. All of a sudden they just dashed out in front of us like they didn't see us or just thought they could make it. We both hit the brakes and i could see paul in my mirror and his front wheel tucked and he went down like some one did a judo throw on him.(Later i found very small gravel in his lane) I pulled over and by the time i got my helmet off and got to him.I see a woman sitting in the road holding pauls head.A doctor happened to be there so he was checking his vital signs another group had picked his bike up and got it to the side of the road. When i came to then front of the scene i could tell paul was in pain and he had a gash at his knee and his elbow but he was able to move them. I looked back at his head and the whole time he was being cradled in the bosom of an angel. This lady was dressed for the beach and looked like she was a swimsuit model at that moment all i could think of was damn i not wearing my helmet with the camera because paul would love to see this. About that time the girls that had darted in front of us came over and the good size crowd of people that had seen what happened just started yelling at the girls. I thought a few were going to get physical with them so i intervened and calmed it down. He was taken to the hospital and i stayed with his bike till AAA picked it up and hauled it home. The worst part was getting to his house and having to tell his wife. They cleaned and stitched him up and sent him home that early evening. I was really amazed at how so many people sprang into action to help in anyway they could. The bike really didn't have much damage to it. Later i made it a point tell to paul that if he had been wearing a jacket and pants with armor that he would have been able to ride the bike home.

The last 3 times i've been up the PCH. One time a car hits me 2 leg fractures and a fractured wrist. Time before this Nail in new tire and get pulled over by the cops. This time its my buddy.Don't think i'll be going up there anytime soon.
Glad your buddy is rather ok ...

It wont change my life, but I will know something new today, what's "PCH" ?
So I don't venture there by mistake, at one point in my life, on that badlucky "something" ...

LOP
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 02:23 PM

Glad your friend faired as well as he did. Hope he heals fast.

"looked like she was a swimsuit model " And, yeah, the one time we really wish you'd been filming.....

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 02:24 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Sorry to hear this weljo!
Thanks, We were being careful all the way because of all the tourist and people looking at the ocean while their trying to drive. Just alot of distractions around there. Just weird it happened along the spot where it was all buildings on both sides.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 02:26 PM

I believe that PCH stands for "Pacific Coast Highway". It hugs the Pacific Ocean and wanders and meanders through the towns and villages just off the ocean. There is no highway in California west of the Pacific Coast Highway.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tig View Post
Glad your friend faired as well as he did. Hope he heals fast.

"looked like she was a swimsuit model " And, yeah, the one time we really wish you'd been filming.....
Just off the phone with my buddy he has to go get his bandages changed. Should have been wearing my PivotHead Glasses Camera.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by toofer View Post
I believe that PCH stands for "Pacific Coast Highway". It hugs the Pacific Ocean and wanders and meanders through the towns and villages just off the ocean. There is no highway in California west of the Pacific Coast Highway.

Yep, Pacific Coast Highway

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 02:30 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lours_Polaire View Post
Glad your buddy is rather ok ...

It wont change my life, but I will know something new today, what's "PCH" ?
So I don't venture there by mistake, at one point in my life, on that badlucky "something" ...

LOP
Pacific Coast Highway...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-12-2013, 02:37 PM

Those girls were lucky they didn't step out in front of a car. For those that haven't seen PCH, especially on an August week-end, it's hellishly busy. They should have a K-rail along that sidewalk.

Glad your bud's ok.

Someday is not a day of the week.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode