What Did You Do Today? II - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

56Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1316 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 03:11 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
What Did You Do Today? II

Weljo, a while back started a "What did you do today?" thread that ran for a few weeks... Thought it was time for a new one.

Today I degreased my chain with DuPont Degreaser for motorcycles and then oiled it up sparingly with some DuPont Teflon Multi Use Lubricant. It all came out great.

After that I made a run out the Tyndall AFB to pick up a prescription then back home for a little chain adjustment.

During the earlier chain clean/lube I checked my chain tension and found it to be out of spec so I ran up to O'Reilly Auto Parts on my other two-wheeler (Trek) for cotter pins and adjusted the chain.

Got a 1000 miler coming up in a couple of weeks... getting her ready.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 1316 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 04:18 PM

Garage
Slept in late. Got up and washed/waxed my truck. Watched some racing on tv, and mowed the lawn. Not a very exciting day off.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #3 of 1316 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 04:51 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Went to breakfast with a friend, took a week's worth of trash to the transfer station (no curbside trash pick up in the woods of Maine), went to the post office (no mail delivery in the woods of Maine), refurbished a 70 year old door handle and lock mechanism on the garage (nothing lasts any more), and attended a memorial service. Boring, isn't it?

No riding today - it's been pi**ing down rain for days. Actually we're beginning to think rain must be cheaper than sun and that Maine just can't afford sunlight.
mikeyboyaz and lainoi like this.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #4 of 1316 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 05:04 PM

No

Last edited by King.Versys; 08-21-2013 at 04:45 PM.
post #5 of 1316 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 05:48 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Went to the post office then to the butcher shop to pick-up some beautiful ribeyes. Before lunch went over to a couple of our properties. The video starts just after leaving the house on 3rd street. Off to the property in belmont shores we have which is about a 6 minute walk to the ocean. Making sure the yard is in good shape one of the boys childhood friends that we let stay there for free if he keeps the yard in order. Getting ready to put that property on the market so will need to trim the orange tree and change out the carpet and re-paint the upstairs apartment. Could re-stucco and paint the outside but don't have to. Homes rarely go on sale in this area and when they do you usally get more than your asking price.

JoeLardGut likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 07-29-2013 at 06:02 PM.
post #6 of 1316 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 06:00 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by genehil View Post
Weljo, a while back started a "What did you do today?" thread that ran for a few weeks... Thought it was time for a new one.

Dupont discontinued their wax formula Multi Use Lube that they used to sell as a chain lubricant. They have replaced it with a product they call Dupont Chain Saver in a yellow can. Dupont does not recommend the new Multi Use formula for use on chains.

I've had a chance to use them both back to back and would recommend the Chain Saver over the Multi Use. Bought the Multi Use stuff by mistake and used it a few times before switching to the Chain Saver formula. The Chain Saver formula contains some Molly grease which helps it prevent rust on the chain and makes it stick to the chain over time, something the Multi Use formula never did. Currently it is my favorite chain lube of the stuff I have tried.

Last edited by twowheels; 07-29-2013 at 06:09 PM.
post #7 of 1316 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 07:03 PM
Banned

Today I didn't watch Weljo's latest video......................

Then after breckie & walking the dog & surfing the web l took a ride up to a new mountainbike course (on my mo'bike) to take a lookee, then came back thro' all the backroads which kept me on my toes seeing as how we'd just had rain & the roads were tight & slimy!!!(washed 'bike when l got home!)

Phoned my friend Mike in England.

I then made our dinner (my sweety still works) fish/fried 'taters'n'fried onions with cheese melted on top of the sliced 'taters.

Gonna chill'n'watch the goggle box 2nite.
post #8 of 1316 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 07:45 PM
Banned

Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by britmick View Post
today i didn't watch weljo's latest video......................

Some people

Last edited by Seeya; 07-29-2013 at 07:57 PM.
post #9 of 1316 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 08:00 PM

Helped out the youth leaders at a day camp at the church; conducted a funeral this afternoon with the internment being in a cemetary 45 minutes away

Then came home and ripped the bike apart to change the plugs and air filter. New plugs installed, just have to reassemble things, but will do that tomorrow when I a) have more patience and b) have less beer in me.
post #10 of 1316 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Dupont discontinued their wax formula Multi Use Lube that they used to sell as a chain lubricant. They have replaced it with a product they call Dupont Chain Saver in a yellow can. Dupont does not recommend the new Multi Use formula for use on chains.
Thanks TW. I thought it wasn't as thick as I've seen in the past... I'll pick up a yellow can tomorrow!

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
post #11 of 1316 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 08:50 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
Doh!

Some people

Sorry if you can't relate. But thats a typical day for me. Instead of snide remarks and links. You might want to pick the brain of someone that was able to quit working at the age of 49 and will never need to work another day in his life. You enjoy your life, I'm damn sure enjoying mine.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #12 of 1316 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by King.Versys View Post
I had my life come to a screeching halt, I was informed my employer is relocating and downsizing immediately. No severance, no notice, and this all happens with a mortgage due on the 15th. Brightside is I have all the time in the world to ride.
Well damn, that's a king sized kick in the butt. Some employer- considerate, concerned with employee's welfare and common decency. Rather makes you wish they relocate and downsize into oblivion. Hope you have success in finding new employment.

Arion

post #13 of 1316 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Sorry if you can't relate. But thats a typical day for me. Instead of snide remarks and links. You might want to pick the brain of someone that was able to quit working at the age of 49 and will never need to work another day in his life. You enjoy your life, I'm damn sure enjoying mine.
Seems to me you may have blasted the wrong guy, unless of course I don't understand "doh, some people." BTW, 46 here and lovin' every minute of it.

Arion

Last edited by Arion; 07-29-2013 at 09:04 PM.
post #14 of 1316 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 09:38 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Seems to me you may have blasted the wrong guy, unless of course I don't understand "doh, some people." BTW, 46 here and lovin' every minute of it.
Click onto the "Some People" in his post.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 1316 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 09:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
BTW, 46 here and lovin' every minute of it.

Feels really good doesn't it.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 1316 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 10:42 PM
Banned

A forum that has 41,975 Members
21,2999 Threads
A single person is responsible for 7,252 (3%)
of the total 239,864 posts
that person just might be a <--------------->
post #17 of 1316 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 10:59 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
A forum that has 41,975 Members
21,2999 Threads
A single person is responsible for 7,252 (3%)
of the total 239,864 posts
that person just might be a <--------------->
Your a funny guy. But it looks like the best part of you dribbled down your mothers leg.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #18 of 1316 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 11:07 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Ok got my popcorn ready so buckle up.
post #19 of 1316 (permalink) Old 07-29-2013, 11:15 PM
Banned

Thumbs down

Is hijacking threads as bad as being totally boring?
post #20 of 1316 (permalink) Old 07-30-2013, 07:20 AM Thread Starter

Britmick... You keeping up with Eastenders?

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode