Damn - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Damn

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
WTF?......Was the biker taunting him?
post #3 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 04:07 PM

Garage
Wow. While that sure looked like he intentionally hit him, and that is never right for any reason, you know there was a lot more to that than just what the video shows. How long had they been going around each other with the bike putting on his brakes hard or whatever.

I laughed when the driver got out and checked his bumper before walking up to the bike.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #4 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 05:53 PM

Whoa!!! A dude was driving the car... I was expecting to see Mary Kay again.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #5 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 07:20 PM

Looks to me the biker braked hard. The cars pace seemed constant. wow.
post #6 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 08:20 PM

"Russia"
post #7 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 08:36 PM
MTS

He showed him!

Road rage! You can't win on a bike.

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

Last edited by MTS; 07-16-2013 at 10:19 PM.
post #8 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 08:37 PM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOleChalupa View Post
WTF?......Was the biker taunting him?
Road Rage!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #9 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 09:03 PM
Banned

Exclamation

I can't believe some of you are siding with the car driver.........
You have no idea what lead to the confrontation yet you are judgemental against the 'biker!!!!

The fact is that the car driver intentionally hit the 'bike, that is assault with a lethal weapon!
post #10 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britmick View Post
You have no idea what lead to the confrontation yet you are judgemental against the 'biker!!!!

The fact is that the car driver intentionally hit the 'bike, that is assault with a lethal weapon!
I don't agree..... Seems to me the car was keeping the same speed and the biker was slowing right down in front of him. I'd like to side with the biker, but the second I saw it, it seemed to me the biker was taunting the driver..........
post #11 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 09:44 PM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigOleChalupa View Post
I don't agree..... Seems to me the car was keeping the same speed and the biker was slowing right down in front of him. I'd like to side with the biker, but the second I saw it, it seemed to me the biker was taunting the driver..........
Agree or not BOC, watch the truck/tanker on the inside lane, even tho' it disappears when the 'biker blocks the view, the car seems to accelerate, as the tanker appears back in view exceedingly quickly!

As far as the 'biker is "taunting" the box driver, you don't know what preceded this action, maybe the driver had nearly knocked the 'biker off a ways back!

I just know that if l was the driver no matter what had taken place before, the 'biker would NOT have been knocked off & possibly killed because I would have acted accordingly & taken evasive action!

I'm not here to start arguments, l just have strong opinions on some things, & cowardly acts do not sit well with me!
post #12 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 09:58 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Not enough shown for me to declare anything other than STUUUUUUPID all around the chess board
post #13 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 10:31 AM

I don't dispute your opinion on the drivers intentions but I wanted to say that the biker at least bears some responsibility. You don't pick a fight with a car. If someone in a car has a beef with you, you just let it go. Get away from them.

I watched the video again, and assuming the posts on the side of the road are equidistant, I believe the car was maintaining his speed and it was the motorcycle changing his speed.
Also, is there a brakelight on that bike? I can't see it, I certainly am not noticing it come on.

Last edited by prim8; 07-17-2013 at 10:34 AM.
post #14 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 11:57 AM

My 2 cents: The driver seemed to be maintaining a constant speed, based on the passing mile markers. The bike DOES have a brake light- albeit very faint and hard to see. That said- It appears to me that the biker was brake checking the cager (Who may well have had cruise control set, making him less likely to react in time). So:

A. Don't get into it with cagers. It's never worth it, and the injuries will almost always be to the biker. If it's worth getting into an accident over, it's worth pulling over to call the cops and report the driver.

B. Don't be an asshole cager- even if a biker taunts you. Bike too close/slow/fast? Fine. Stay away from him. EXACT same advice to the biker.

C. EVERYBODY should give other vehicles more room than they usually do, and should always be prepared for emergency braking. If we were all out on the lawn running around with hatchets attached to our arms I imagine we'd all slow down quite a bit due to the fact that we'd be inadvertently wielding a deadly weapon, no?

post #15 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 12:41 PM

Excellent points.... Bottom line, they've forgotten all about defensive driving!!!!
post #16 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 01:07 PM

Garage
I'm a biker, pedestrian, bicyclist, cage driver and truck driver

I'm not bias toward any mean of transportation

In this case, whatever happened BEFORE the video, the biker took big risk in braking like an idiot like that in front of a cage and got what he deserve

And yes, funny moment when the cage driver looked at his car BEFORE the biker
Priorities !!!

My 2 cents

LOP
post #17 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 11:50 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
I agree with you this time, The Polar_Bear... What do you think, Joe?

Last edited by invader; 07-17-2013 at 11:55 PM.
post #18 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 11:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by invader View Post
I agree with you this time, The Polar_Bear... What do you think, Joe?

I think anyone on a bike that is stupid enough to brake checks a car is asking for a world of hurt.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #19 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 08:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Britmick View Post

you are probably right. But in the case of the motorcycle rider it would suck being dead right.lol
post #20 of 39 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 08:54 AM
Banned

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by turn8a View Post
But in the case of the motorcycle rider it would suck being dead right.lol
Dunno turn, l've never been dead so I can't comment on how it feels!!!! LOL!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode