One More Reason To Stay Away From The Snake - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 01:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
One More Reason To Stay Away From The Snake

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 01:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Poor guy, at least he wasn't hurt from the looks of it.

I'd definitely have to say that was a 5 mph bumper!

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-16-2013, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tig View Post
Poor guy, at least he wasn't hurt from the looks of it.

I'd definitely have to say that was a 5 mph bumper!

Yea it peeled like a banana.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 10:12 AM

Yep, just goes to confirm my belief that not everyone deserves a driving license.
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Crap like this amazes me. The guy driving the car had a passenger. When i'm in that situation that i can't see i'll have my passenger get out to make sure it clear before i pull out or if i'm the passenger i hop out to do it. Plenty of times i've go somewhere and a car parked next to a truck can't see to back out into traffic. I'll walk out into the road and stop traffic if necessary and motion the car back. Or if no traffic let them know its all clear. Seems common sense isn't so common anymore

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Last edited by weljo2001; 07-17-2013 at 03:57 PM.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Crap like this amazes me. The guy driving the car had a passenger. When i'm in that situation that i can't see i'll have my passenger get out to make sure it clear before i pull out or if i'm the passenger i hop out to do it. Plenty of times i've go somewhere and a car parked next to a truck can't see to back out into traffic. I'll walk out into the road and stop traffic if necessary and motion the car back. Or if no traffic let them know its all clear. Seems common sense isn't so common anymore
You should become an IT manager! You'd very quickly learn that common sense has NOTHING to do with 90% of people's outlooks...

post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 01:17 PM

Garage
That cage driver is a pia

But, is it just me or did the rider seemed to have alternate route and place to avoid ?

I also don't see him braking very hard (must admit that the point of view is not ideal) ... Rear brake only ???

Glad to see he is ok AND that the cager will have to pay for is lack of inteligence

LOP
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 05:38 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lours_Polaire View Post
...But, is it just me or did the rider seemed to have alternate route and place to avoid ?...LOP
I'm w/ you Phil. He appeared NOT to make ANY move to ride around the car, which by then was stopped....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
We are in the USA, you go to the bank in your car, to the pharmacy in your car, to get coffee in your car, to get food in your car and never have to get off it. Why to do it in the wild!!!! :-p

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-17-2013, 11:45 PM

Cute girl... nice legs... Was there something else I missed?

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 12:28 AM
MTS

Was the biker going too fast to stop?

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 01:27 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Well, a bit too fast to stop for a car popping out at the end of a blind curve... Biker did brake hard AND swerved to his left all the way to the edge of paved road. We see the Duc's front end dive a bit before he turns away even more. He well managed to just impact the car's soft bumper cover, and the bike is completely stopped and still standing as it just falls over. The Ducati still looks mint!

Last edited by invader; 07-18-2013 at 05:11 AM.
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 04:34 AM

Did u guys watch any other of their vids? Man oh man, that stretch of road is BRUTAL....cars driving in the wrong lane all the time...speeders.....ugh, it's a deathwish!!!
As someone who's been through a head-on highway speed collision, this scares the $hit out of me!!
Bigo
http://www.youtube.com/user/rnickeymouse
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 09:00 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Heres a photo of me going by there. Just a few hours later i was hit by a car on PCH. I very seldom go there anymore because of all the idiots that flock there.

_DSC7533 by RockStorePhotos.com, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lours_Polaire View Post
But, is it just me or did the rider seemed to have alternate route and place to avoid ?
Agree. We have the advantage of watching it several times and analyze what we think we would do. What we think we would do and what we actually do may be two different things.

I honest to god know I would not have hit them. I would have headed to the rear of the vehicle or took it left into the shoulder. I think target fixation got him.

My gut says a more seasoned rider on the same bike within the same speeds would have missed.

Glad it was minor.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 07-18-2013, 05:22 PM

Yeah, definitely target fixation...... He had tons of room to maneuver around the bicyclist.
B.O.C.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode