Canada and the U.S. - We're on the same side! - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 06:44 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Canada and the U.S. - We're on the same side!

I normally wouldn't post political comments but I know there are a lot of active and former military personnel on this site.

Janet Napolitano has pointed her finger at Canada saying that we let 911 terrorists into North America. This is blatantly untrue. In every known case, 911 terrorists came into the U.S. from outside of the continent and didn't pass through Canada. It's a myth that refuses to die.

We can't be blaming each other. Canada has been fighting an ugly war in Afghanistan since day one. Almost weekly we have another soldier coming home for the last time. I live close to a major army base and have seen the final procession for soldiers en route from the airport to the base. It saddens me that someone in Ms. Napolitano's position doesn't acknowledge the sacrifice that Canadians are making.

We're on the same side. We have to remember that.

Thanks for listening to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 08:29 PM

Yes we are on the same side!

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 09:08 PM

Thumbs up

+1 on Bears post...

If I new what I was doing, I wouldn't still be working
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-21-2009, 10:47 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Yes, we are brothers in arms, and allies. We're all victims of terrorists, and are fighting them together. There are no boundaries between us in this international forum. It's good to know we can rely on, be partners and get along with our own neighbours. Seems like Obama is more open to Canada as well... I actually buy more stuff for the V from the good ol US of A. I just wish it was easier to go for a ride in the states. I think I need a passport now.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-22-2009, 02:08 AM

Well said Charly. Worlds longest undefended border. A risk from what? Better tasting beer? Public access cable with nudity? Profane use of the word eh? The metric system? Tim Hortons? The Trailer Park Boys?

Janet Napolitano appears to be not very well travelled. Reminds me of an old 80's film with Alan Alda and John Candy where the president starts hurting in the poles and goes to war with Canada to cause a distraction from the real world problems dragging him down.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2009, 10:54 PM

Great neighbors!

Few countries in the world can claim as amicable a relationship as the one that we have enjoyed with Canada. I wish my 'local' neighbors were half as likable as the blokes that I've met on my travels from north of our border. Eh?
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 05:19 AM

Never thought of Canada as anything other than a brother to US. Rode a lot of rallies with my Canada friends and had lots of good times. Used to go fishing there once each year but got so mad at the long line at the border and treated us like **** that i don't go back anymore. And that was years ago before all the current things happened, and that was comeing back into the US. We even had a couple guys in our BMW club from Canada as they liked to have fun with our bunch. I wouldn't let any feeling get hurt from her remark as i think most US and Canadian people feel like we are the closest allies and friends. I sure feel better buying things from Canada than anywhere else outside of the US. Consider them one of us and i am a disabled vet and realize they fought side by side with us. Just don't let one person bother you and think about all of us that get along so well on this site. Ride, my friend and enjoy.

Yamaha Secca II
1600 Classic-sold
08 Verseys
1986 Corvette

Life is not a practice run. Enjoy each and every day.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 11:55 AM

Nicely said guys. Typically we have one thing in common. We generally don't vote someone in so much as vote the other guy out. Janet Napolitano seems like she has been elevated beyond her abilities. Gets tiring hearing how the 9/11 guys who all were trained to fly at American flight schools, earned American licences, and held American student Visa's are some how Canada's fault, and if they aren't then we are no different then Mexico because we share a border? I am an airline pilot, and would consider myself strictly a law and order guy. I have zero sympathies for these Saudi creeps, nor does the present or previous government of my country.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-25-2009, 11:25 PM

On the same side? Like storming the beaches at Normandy together on the same side? Yea, I'd say were on the same side. Never thought anything else/less, of Canada or it's people.

I've had opertunity to work in Erie. Good people all around, friends.

The southern border is what we (US) should be worrying about.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode