A good deed rewarded. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 05:54 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
A good deed rewarded.

I rode down the used record store today to dig through bins and see what I could find. I like modern jazz and it's hard to come by. Anyway the parking there is sparse as they have a small lot. I pulled into the last open spot and was thought I was lucky to get it. As I was storing my gear a guy on a cherry V-Max pulled in looking for a spot but none left. I saw he was starting to back peddle so I flagged him over and moved the V to one side so we could both park.

I found 6 cds for $21.00 and then walked down to get a cup of coffee. I walked in and the guy on the V-Max was there and the owner of the shop! Free Cup for me! Said he normally doesn't ride in but the beater (car) was down. The V-Max was very nicely cared for clean and no rust and dents.

I have a 16t front sprocket to put on BUT the V is smooth as butter at 75-80 and I just can't bring myself to change it out yet.

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 06:07 PM

Great story.

The 16 tooth counter is a nice change. Kind of turns a Versys from a 6 month old Labrador retriever into a 3 year old Labrador retriever.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2019 F750GS
2014 R1200RT
2008 Versys (SOLD 11/19)
2003 ST1300ABS (SOLD 5/15)
IBA 59868
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 06:27 PM
MTS

Great story!

I have a 44t setting in my basement but never put it on as I love the lower gears and ride alot of dirt roads and trails!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 06:29 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
I've always made it a habit to park to one side of the parking space in case another bike came along.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 07:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I've always made it a habit to park to one side of the parking space in case another bike came along.
Same here, that is IF there isn't a little triangle at the end of the sawtooth, or some other place that's not normally considered a parking place. I always have a fear that someone will try to move my bikes to make room for them to park their cage.

To the O.P., glad it worked out for you.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 07:16 PM

Love me some V-Max... They are monsters!

Wish I was there to marvel at it...

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 07:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclesarge View Post
Same here, that is IF there isn't a little triangle at the end of the sawtooth, or some other place that's not normally considered a parking place. I always have a fear that someone will try to move my bikes to make room for them to park their cage.

To the O.P., glad it worked out for you.
Funny about the "Left Overs" triangles. We have a new parking lot at work and when I ask about parking the bike in one I was told NOT to park in one but to use a full space. We have about 600 people on the 1st shift so now someone had to to park in the dirt lot because I have to use a full space...along with about a dozen other riders...go figure?!?! Oh we have a motorcycle parking lot...about a 1/2 mile from my desk and it holds maybe 6-7 bikes.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 06-08-2013, 09:45 PM

I work for a college and parking is very scarce. They added some sidewalks which join three of the parking lots together. When they put the sidewalks in and restriped everything. They had a couple feet of pavement left over on each side of the sidewalks so they put a sign up that says "motorcycle parking". No one uses those spaces because your motorcycle is right beside the sidewalk where everyone walks and hangs out and no one, including myself, trusts the students walking and hanging out around their bikes like that. It's a good thought but definately not designed by a motorcycle rider, at least not one who cares about their ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode