Biker Brotherhood - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 07:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Biker Brotherhood

The Love of Motorcycling

"I love motorcycles, and I love riding. Like many of you, what first drew me to bikes was not just the experience of riding, but the feeling that I'd become part of a special community? a brotherhood, really. Nothing calms me more than a long ride down the interstate, waving to the members of my beloved clan.

Except when I pass Harley guys. I hate Harley guys. Hate, hate, hate. When they pass me on the highway, you know what I do? I don't wave. With their little tassle handlebars and the studded luggage and the half-helmets? God, they drive me crazy.

You know who else I hate? BMW guys. Oh, I do hate those guys. I don't wave at them, either. They think they're so great, sitting all upright, with their 180-degree German engines. God, I hate them.

They're almost as bad as those old bastards on their touring motorcycles. You know what I call those bikes? "Two-wheeled couches!" Get it? Because they're so big. They drive around like they've got all day. Appreciate the scenery somewhere else, Grampa, and while you're at it, I'm not waving to you.

Ducati guys? I don't wave at them either. Why don't they spend a little more money on their bikes? "You can have it in any color you want, as long as it's red." Aren't you cool! Like they even know what a desmo-whatever engine is, anyway. Try finding the battery, you Italian-wannabe racers! I never, ever wave at those guys.

Suzuki guys aren't much better, which is why I never wave at them, either. They always have those stupid helmets sitting on top of their stupid heads, and God forbid they should wear any safety gear. They make me so mad. Sometimes they'll speed by and look over at me and you know what I do? I don't wave. I just keep on going. Please, don't get me started on Kawasaki guys. Ninjas? What are you, twelve years old? Team Green my ass. I never wave at Kawasaki guys.

I ride a Honda, and I'll only wave at Honda guys, but even then, I'll never wave at a guy in full leathers. Never, never, never. Yeah, like you're going to get your knee down on the New York Thruway. Nice crotch, by the way.

Guys in full leathers will never get a wave from me, and by the way, neither will the guys in two-piece leathers. And I'll tell you who else I'm not waving at those guys with the helmets with the loud paintjobs. Four pounds of paint on a two pound helmet? Like I'm going to wave back to that! I'll also never wave at someone with a mirrored visor. Or helmet stickers. Or racing gloves. Or hiking boots.

And blue motorcycles, hate, hate, hate blue motorcycles; I don't wave at them either.

To me, motorcycling is a like a family, a close-knit brotherhood of people who ride Hondas, wear jeans and a leather jacket (not Vanson) with regular gloves and a solid-color helmet with a clear visor, no stickers, no racing gloves and regular boots (not Timberlands). And isn't that what really makes riding so special?"

If all you can see in your mirrors is the direction you were previously traveling intermingled with sparks, and all you can hear is commotion from the passenger riding pillion; things are not at all as they should be.

The rear wheel is just a big fan used to keep the Rider cool and his butt relaxed. If in doubt... watch. When it locks up or slides out you can actually see the rider start sweating and pucker marks are left on the seat.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 10:05 AM

Question

Honda? You mean you ride a Honda Rebel

If I new what I was doing, I wouldn't still be working
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 11:24 AM

You area idiot. Can somebody please block this jughead?
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 12:56 PM Thread Starter

Hmmmm

Guess ya'll don't get the idea that it's a JOKE. Sometimes sarchasm* is too subtle. And I didn't even write it. Just found it amusing.

*Sarchasm - The gulf between the author of sarcastic wit and the person who doesn't get it.

If all you can see in your mirrors is the direction you were previously traveling intermingled with sparks, and all you can hear is commotion from the passenger riding pillion; things are not at all as they should be.

The rear wheel is just a big fan used to keep the Rider cool and his butt relaxed. If in doubt... watch. When it locks up or slides out you can actually see the rider start sweating and pucker marks are left on the seat.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 01:21 PM

Yeah I knew because you didn't include KTM, Moto Guzzi or MV Agusta that it was a joke. Mike
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 01:27 PM

HaHa, this is funny. It's true, though, that we're all snobs in our own right based on the bike we ride.

I was in the Harley shop with a friend a couple of days ago. She rides a $30,000.00 motorcycle and loves it. To me, though, Harleys just look like big ugly tanks. I could never see myself riding one. I did, however, like the Buells.

Each to his own.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 01:46 PM
rbl

Sarcasm is wonderful!

I wave at everyone, even if they don't wave back. Years ago, 15 or more now, I was on the ferry with my purple interceptor 1000 when a grizzled old guy on a harley (complete with hunting knife bolted to a sidecover) parked beside my. I was a little standoff-ish, but he got off and shook my hand, asked me about my bike and started going on about how it makes no difference what you ride, then thumped his just and said it is all about what is in your heart.

And that is why I wave at everyone (or I would if it would just warm up a tiny bit more so it wasn't so icy every morning!).

RBL

07 Versys, orange.
givi e21's & pelican 1550
warm&safe dual heattroller
fender extender (unknown brand)
rear hugger
madstad bracket
vario windscreen
handguards (dr650?)
klr front and rear signals
hb crashbars
flatfoot
lowering pegs
ctech fuse panel
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 02:24 PM

I just got my Versys a week ago, and the weather just warmed up enough to ride to work today. I went out for a little ride at lunch and it was pretty cool passing a few bikes and everybody extends an arm to wave.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 03-27-2009, 04:25 PM

Thanks, Wahrsuul

That was a terrific post - a great commentary posted with good humor.
I enjoy seeing all sorts of bikes and riders, including cyclists and winos on liquor-cycles (when really bad weather hits this area, it seems that the liquor-cycle riders are the only ones on the road - go figure!) On more than one occasion, when stopped to take photos on some backroad, I've had Harley riders pull over to see if everything is OK. Life is just too damned short to play some sort of infantile "us vs. them" game. Everybody should just ride their own ride and take time to enjoy life.
Again, thanks for making a great point.

Last edited by VeeWNC; 04-20-2009 at 09:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode