Profiling. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 11:30 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Profiling.

Ok. Even in this politically correct day, I admit I profile, especially when I'm on the freeway. And I'll adjust my riding because of it.

Worst: Chrysler 300's or whatever that gangster looking cage is. Usually with tinted out windows. Those people are just plain nuts. I'll even slow down down to let them pass and go create whatever mayhem they seem intent on causing.

Next: Soccer moms in large SUVS with cell phones in their ears. They don't go all that fast but are so oblivious they can wind up anywhere. I just gun it and blow past them.

Generally OK: Trade vans. Those guys are usually not in a hurry to go bust their buns for the day and, besides, they got signs all over the vehicle that make them easily traceable.

Whether you admit it or not I'm sure everyone has their favorites.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 11:40 AM

College kids in civics. And next would be college girls texting in accords.... Hondas have it out for me!

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

Bikes:
65cc Benelli Dynamo
Yamaha ttr-125
Kawasaki KX-125
Yamaha Yz426-f (current)
2010 Kawasaki Versys! (very current and loving it!)
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 11:43 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
For me most the idiots drive a Prius.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Hey Bill - how's your elbow comin'?

Profile - those two-wheelers that seem to have footpegs up front near the forks... and, apparently - NO mufflers, and a need to ride around in first or second gear near red-line.

Other than that - those aggressive drivers who step on it as you're passing them, then have to re-pass. Wonder what's going thru their "minds"....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 12:55 PM

Lexus SUVs for some reason and sportier cadillacs - 'important' people rushing somewhere without time to signal or watch for others....

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
anyone using cellphone while driving and bus drivers. Had another one trying to take me down yesterday
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 01:58 PM

High schoolers are my biggest worries in this small town that has no limited access highways... All residential/local business type streets and roads. Before I retired a couple of tears ago I hated to see schools fire up again the Fall. Lots more dangerous on my morning commutes.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 02:20 PM

every white Cadillac I get near blocks traffic.

Billybob and a jacked up 4x4 are usually all jack offs

Last edited by ROCKER; 05-22-2013 at 03:58 PM.
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 02:29 PM

And what I call 'druggie cars' which are beat up inexpensive cars where it looks like the driver has crashed numerous times possibly under the influence of something or other - at least that's the way I feel around them. If they don't have much regard for their car they probably don't have much regard for me!

post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 02:30 PM

PT Cruisers-always old people holding up traffic.
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tig View Post
And what I call 'druggie cars' which are beat up inexpensive cars where it looks like the driver has crashed numerous times possibly under the influence of something or other - at least that's the way I feel around them. If they don't have much regard for their car they probably don't have much regard for me!
This. I call them P.O.S. -
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 02:47 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I just assume everyone is stupid
post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 04:18 PM
MTS

Don't forget those effing cotton tops!

One old lady ran me off the road the other day!

Thank god I left myself an out!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 04:57 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
I don't discriminate or profile. Any car within striking distance is suspect.

My Versys Travels:

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 08:21 PM

they're all out to run us down....keep that in mind and you'll be safer!

Lovin every minute of it!
post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 09:16 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DOG View Post
I just assume everyone is stupid
Same and this approach is the best in my opinion. My personal favourite is tourist driving around middle earth on wrong side of road and icing on cake is when they stop on a blind corner to take a photo.
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 10:22 PM

This is what I think to myself every single day driving in Mississippi (see below). As a young twenty-something, I feel like I'm a minority in my generation. It also really bothers me when I see fellow service members text and drive. Most people I've seen down here have very poor driving skills to begin with. Turn signals? Nah! As required! Yielding right of way? Nah, I was born with the right of way! Oh you're on a motorcycle, let me tailgate you!

2012 Kawasaki Versys 650 - 20,500 miles
2000 Volvo V70XC 2.4T - 258,000 miles
post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-22-2013, 10:55 PM

Haha, middle aged men driving minivans, especially old beat up minivans. They're pissed off at the universe (for making them drive a minivan I suppose) and are actively seeking revenge.

Seriously though, everyone, but I do give some an extra wide berth.
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 12:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buckeye View Post
Ok. Even in this politically correct day, I admit I profile, especially when I'm on the freeway. And I'll adjust my riding because of it.

Worst: Chrysler 300's or whatever that gangster looking cage is. Usually with tinted out windows. Those people are just plain nuts. I'll even slow down down to let them pass and go create whatever mayhem they seem intent on causing.

Next: Soccer moms in large SUVS with cell phones in their ears. They don't go all that fast but are so oblivious they can wind up anywhere. I just gun it and blow past them.

Generally OK: Trade vans. Those guys are usually not in a hurry to go bust their buns for the day and, besides, they got signs all over the vehicle that make them easily traceable.

Whether you admit it or not I'm sure everyone has their favorites.
Seems like a short list, I can predict some idiotic behavior out of just about any type of vehicle on the road.
post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 05-23-2013, 07:35 AM

Of course all vehicles are a potential threat and this morning on the way to work I saw one of these hitch covers on a truck and thought how appropriate it would be to have on each side of any bike!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode