Why. Won't. It. Stop? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Angry Why. Won't. It. Stop?

You can't really tell, but it's still snowing.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1316[1].jpg
Views:	86
Size:	17.0 KB
ID:	19809  

Jon
'09 Versys in Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 10:09 AM

Pms

You suffer from Parked Motorcycle Syndrome, me too. I live in Newfoundland, Canada. Many of the ponds are still frozen here. I was out yesterday on my V and had to turn around after two hours as it was so cold, -2 Celcius in my area. Even with my new Olympia jacket, heated grips ect, it was still too cold to enjoy it. Lots of snow on the sides of the road. Glad I am leaving for Jamacia in a week or so, I hope when I return, riding season will really be started.

I figured it out!! A good day is when you can't see through your visor or windshield b/c of the bug splatter!!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 10:23 AM

I am totally PMS'ing with you guys. Still have about two feet of snow on the ground and four foot snowdrifts in front of our house. More snow predicted for Saturday. Ugh!!! Rob, I hope your trip to Jamaica goes well. I look at the snow here and would meet you down there in a heartbeat if I didnt have to work tomorrow.
post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 10:47 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
yea its gonna be a rough week here too .http://weather.yahoo.com/

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 01:35 PM

I've said it before and I'll say it again... Nothing but flat and straight roads but I can ride all year long. Ahhhhh Florida...

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 02:40 PM

PMS in Colorado

Snowy here too! The ski resorts actually closed last weekend then decided to re-open they've gotten so much snow.

Another 4-6" forecasted for today in the Denver area.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by genehil View Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again... Nothing but flat and straight roads but I can ride all year long. Ahhhhh Florida...
I heard that you just can't reason w/ hurricane season.
Took a road trip to the end of A1A in July ONCE.
And then you get the snowbirds & people who want to drive on the wrong side of the road
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 04:58 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adamsrob View Post
You suffer from Parked Motorcycle Syndrome, me too. I live in Newfoundland, Canada. Many of the ponds are still frozen here. I was out yesterday on my V and had to turn around after two hours as it was so cold, -2 Celcius in my area. Even with my new Olympia jacket, heated grips ect, it was still too cold to enjoy it. Lots of snow on the sides of the road. Glad I am leaving for Jamacia in a week or so, I hope when I return, riding season will really be started.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RN Barb View Post
I am totally PMS'ing with you guys. Still have about two feet of snow on the ground and four foot snowdrifts in front of our house. More snow predicted for Saturday. Ugh!!! Rob, I hope your trip to Jamaica goes well. I look at the snow here and would meet you down there in a heartbeat if I didnt have to work tomorrow.
Living up here in Canada's a ROYAL b!tch.... Here in the Okanagan I can ONLY ride an hour or so, then I HAVE to turn my heated jacket to OFF, then what can you do? You start sweating and everything....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 06:46 PM
MTS

Its so cold outside! Sh#$! Nards off!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 08:41 PM

Ed you are going to start me growling.....
post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 09:29 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishman View Post
Snowy here too! The ski resorts actually closed last weekend then decided to re-open they've gotten so much snow.

Another 4-6" forecasted for today in the Denver area.
We got it relatively easy in Red River country vs the western part of the state. Some places near Bismarck got nearly two feet in the last storm. Of course, once everything does melt, we're looking at another possible record flood level. Hooray for spring.

Jon
'09 Versys in Blue
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
We're now getting a large low pressure system from Texas, with snow, ice pellets and freezing rain... Pretty cool stuff indeed.

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 02:03 PM
MTS

It has been said that the weather is the number one thing that affects everything! Including ecomonics. I would have to agree.

We might be in for a hell of a ride? Or not?

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 07:10 AM

After Thursday I thought things were looking up here. Highs in the 80's sunny but very windy, of course I had to work and then had things I needed the cage for so couldn't ride. Yesterday was colder and wet today...freezing and mixed rain/flurries over night. WHERE the heck IS spring?

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 09:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DOG View Post
And then you get the snowbirds & people who want to drive on the wrong side of the road...
Yeah... There is that.

And to make matters worse... one of the largest Harley dealers in Florida opens today out on Panama City Beach.

http://harleydavidsontampa.workzonec...anamacitybeach

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-20-2013, 11:06 AM

Garage
Two days ago: Hot, 24 degrees C, with a humidex of 28! Whoo hoo!
Today: COLD, high of 1 degree C, with a windchill of -5, and flurries.

WTF?

Always trust your cape.
post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-24-2013, 09:36 AM Thread Starter

Aaand more snow. I really shouldn't complain; we're supposed to get less than an inch, while MSP got ~6" over the weekend, and areas near Duluth came up with nearly two feet in places the week before (assuming I'm not messing up the timeline). But what's harder to take than the crystalline precipitation is the temperature. We are now well past the previously standing record for the latest appearance of a 50F day since recordkeeping began sometime in the late 1800s. I try not to complain about the weather, particularly in spring. It's our most volatile time of the year on the northern plains, and said weather can do pretty much whatever the bloody hell it wants until mid-May. But while it hasn't been a particularly difficult winter, damned if it hasn't been long.

Jon
'09 Versys in Blue
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode