What A Cool Motorcycle Wash Pit - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2013, 04:51 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
What A Cool Motorcycle Wash Pit

Wish we had one around here......

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 04-14-2013 at 04:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2013, 10:14 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
the guy drops his speed triple at the end of the first video. I thought it was a joke a first.

"The things you own end up owning you." - Tyler Durden

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-14-2013, 10:18 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by brothercannon View Post
the guy drops his speed triple at the end of the first video. I thought it was a joke a first.

Yea heres more of the drop. i thought the bike was clean before he washed it.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 12:12 AM
MTS

Cool bike wash!

What happen to that dude? Why do you think he went down? Looked like he was going so slow?

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 12:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Cool bike wash!

What happen to that dude? Why do you think he went down? Looked like he was going so slow?

Not sure. Wonder if he had wax on the sidewalls.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 04:29 AM
Super Moderator

Cool bike wash and down he goes...maybe cool tires after wash.
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 10:12 AM

I really liked the manual bike wash, but not the auto one. I like low pressure so as to avoid forcing water where it should not go.

His crash was awful. I can only imagine there was some contamination of grease on the tyre as his speed was fine and if tyre temp is an issue, why do we not crash regularly because of it?
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 10:34 AM

The auto wash you posted is here locally in Indy. I have never been to it myself, but I know where its at. Some buddies of mine went and tested it out for them when it was installed.

Landon
09 Verseys
06 KLX250s
post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 10:47 AM

I like the idea of a bike wash. I'm sure we'll never see anything like that here, so I'm content to do it the old fashioned way.

That drop sent chills down my spine. Yikes!

This is what he thinks happened from his Facebook page: "It was like 65F out. The ground had the runoff from cars leaving the car wash. So I'm assuming soap and wax plus water made it very slippery with my cold semi wet tires. Didn't lean all that much and I didn't accelerate or brake through the turn, so idk if it was really anything I did, other than go too fast on a slippery section."

Last edited by bigflax925; 04-15-2013 at 10:50 AM.
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-15-2013, 11:59 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflax925 View Post
I like the idea of a bike wash. I'm sure we'll never see anything like that here, so I'm content to do it the old fashioned way.

That drop sent chills down my spine. Yikes!

This is what he thinks happened from his Facebook page: "It was like 65F out. The ground had the runoff from cars leaving the car wash. So I'm assuming soap and wax plus water made it very slippery with my cold semi wet tires. Didn't lean all that much and I didn't accelerate or brake through the turn, so idk if it was really anything I did, other than go too fast on a slippery section."

Yea i was thinking something like that. The pavement in that roundabout was darker like it was wet.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 08:27 PM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Not sure. Wonder if he had wax on the sidewalls.
Quote:
Yea i was thinking something like that. The pavement in that roundabout was darker like it was wet.
He was going pretty slow. Not good! Like you said soap or wax.

I always think about that when I see oil on the pavement from cars.

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #12 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-17-2013, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

Garage
If i hit the lottery i'd have one of those motorcycle wash pits built at my new home.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #13 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 01:25 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
If i hit the lottery i'd have one of those motorcycle wash pits built at my new home.
...and I'd offer Joseph a job washing my bikes....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #14 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-18-2013, 02:39 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
...and I'd offer Joseph a job washing my bikes....

Sounds Good. But i don't work cheap...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #15 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 08:17 AM

I'm fine with 'old school' handwashing.

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #16 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tig View Post

Their hands look PRETTY CLEAN to me...!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #17 of 17 (permalink) Old 04-19-2013, 05:05 PM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Tig View Post

I'm tired of doing mine by hand! I also want a wash pit and the loto ... Joseph!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode