How Harley killed itself - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

Like Tree9Likes
  • 4 Post By Buffalo_Bob
  • 2 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 2 Post By Smiley
  • 1 Post By Smiley

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2020, 10:04 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
How Harley killed itself

A serious take from Fortnine

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2020, 10:37 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
As said "there is hope" provided Harley change their mind set. They have been producing the same bike for over 40 years with just cosmetic changes and new names,sad to see a icon die.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-18-2020, 10:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)

^^^^^^^

ryanf9 should do some homework instead of stealing others scrip

Living Large
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 06:43 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToSlow View Post

ryanf9 should do some homework instead of stealing others scrip
The Fortnine story was much more detailed going back to the beginning of the Honda invasion, the Regan era and the present stock manipulation. I saw quite a few differences between the two videos.

The numbers quoted in both videos are easily accessible, Ryan didn't need to see the other video to come up with the facts and figures.

Observations on life and motorcycling, short stories and photos, with no annoying political or religious rhetoric
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
The Fortnine story was much more detailed going back to the beginning of the Honda invasion, the Regan era and the present stock manipulation. I saw quite a few differences between the two videos.

The numbers quoted in both videos are easily accessible, Ryan didn't need to see the other video to come up with the facts and figures.
what i saw was a lot of similarity, enough IMO that he copied a lot of it from the other video.

Living Large

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 05-19-2020 at 04:06 PM.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 01:48 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
It will be a long slow death. Moto Guzzi has been going out of business since 1921.

Harley has a long way to decline before dealers have to start selling Tractors, lawnmowers, kayaks, Yeti, and the Big Green Egg, like all the Japanese dealers in my area.

Oh, and Harley hasn’t been making the same motorcycle for the last 40 years. They keep the iconic look, but have been improving the motorcycles. I wouldn’t have considered buying one until I did in 2016.
Skypilot 69 and ToSlow like this.

My Versys Travels:

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 04:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToSlow View Post

what i saw was a lot of similarity, enough IMO that he copied a lot of it from the other video.
I could likely find several videos that you might think the same thing of, but it doesn't mean he plagiarized them too. After a ball game, a lot of reviewers might say the same things about the game. They might also talk about past events, facts and figures- did they copy each other?

If you're comfortable with your theory that's fine too. And don't forget to ride!
onewizard and ToSlow like this.

Observations on life and motorcycling, short stories and photos, with no annoying political or religious rhetoric
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-19-2020, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
I could likely find several videos that you might think the same thing of, but it doesn't mean he plagiarized them too. After a ball game, a lot of reviewers might say the same things about the game. They might also talk about past events, facts and figures- did they copy each other?

If you're comfortable with your theory that's fine too. And don't forget to ride!
I'm glad you see the importance of all opinions are valid,

I've been out a few times on the KLR, haven't been on the versys yet. although i did put a different windscreen on. I'm hoping to get out this wk and see how it works for the wind buffering

Living Large
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 05-20-2020, 05:55 AM

Garage
I found the stock windscreen in the lowest position is the least turbulent air. I tried it at all heights, plus I have a Givi screen. The Givi caused turbulence around my stomach and arms.

I'm willing to sacrifice some comfort in cold weather for smoother airflow. Other riders can't, but diversity is good- it would be a boring existence if we all liked the exact same things.
onewizard likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode