Things I miss - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

Like Tree41Likes
  • 3 Post By 52Degrees
  • 2 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By cs84
  • 1 Post By kardan
  • 1 Post By Duffy
  • 2 Post By SteveJ
  • 8 Post By weljo2001
  • 2 Post By Fastoman
  • 2 Post By 52Degrees
  • 4 Post By Tracymulkey
  • 3 Post By FriendlyVikingDude
  • 2 Post By JimK
  • 2 Post By hawkerjet
  • 2 Post By 52Degrees
  • 2 Post By hawkerjet
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By rayj
  • 2 Post By rayj

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-14-2020, 02:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
Things I miss

I got an email today from my gym. It prompted me to open the app and look around, and I found myself on the "contact us" link.

I sent an email telling them how much I miss them. It seemed silly, but I did it anyway.

I miss my guitars. They're all locked up at my church. Even though I don't have time to play right now with my crazy work schedule, I miss having the option.

What do you guys miss doing lately?
onewizard, hawkerjet and kardan like this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-14-2020, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Degrees View Post
...What do you guys miss doing lately?...
Just the normal interactions w/ people, going to the library, going to Mass....

jaaklucas and 52Degrees like this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-14-2020, 02:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Funny I always thought it would be sweet to work from home, now after a few weeks I miss the personal interaction with my co-workers and students. I also miss being able to go out to a restaurant or bar. Hopefully it shall pass soon and we can get back to "normalish".
52Degrees likes this.
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-14-2020, 02:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Fishing, riding my V650, hanging out with my guys, bars. Interaction with people not so much.

I can ride motorbike only in my municipality (I have about 40 km where I can legally ride at this time without pass permit).

In 4 week how I work from home, I was outside my yard only 5 times.
52Degrees likes this.

Gas for heating, diesel for plowing, electricity for cooking, petrol for driving
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-14-2020, 03:40 PM

I miss going out to eat the most........I'm a good cook and so is my wife, however, it's nice to have someone else do the cooking and cleanup. Too much snow and cold to do much in the shop this week....maybe next week (supposed to be in the 60's again.
52Degrees likes this.
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-14-2020, 03:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duffy View Post
I miss going out to eat the most........I'm a good cook and so is my wife, however, it's nice to have someone else do the cooking and cleanup. Too much snow and cold to do much in the shop this week....maybe next week (supposed to be in the 60's again.
I can vouch for that.

Howdy y'all.

I miss hugging my grand babies.

So far I've missed out on two COG(Concours Owners Group) rallies and postponed my fitment at Terry's Custom Seats to early September.
Duffy and 52Degrees like this.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650

And most of Canada too, eh?

Last edited by SteveJ; 04-15-2020 at 09:25 AM.
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-14-2020, 04:23 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
I miss my girlfriend going to work.....Right now i could use some Social Distancing from her...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 08:25 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I miss this not being a big deal.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 08:39 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
I miss going to work , miss all the stress , The people , the trucks and the office environment.
onewizard and 52Degrees like this.
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-15-2020, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
I miss going to work , miss all the stress , The people , the trucks and the office environment.
I'd make more on unemployment and the "stay the hell home" weekly bonus if I weren't working.

But I'm not sure my kids would survive. Lol.
onewizard and Fastoman like this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-17-2020, 08:31 PM

Don't miss working but do miss interaction with co workers. Been off...let's see 3? 4? Weeks. What day is it? At least I can still ride. Did bout 150 mi. through a nearby National forest today. Keeps me sane and away from the dreaded paint brush
post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2020, 12:20 AM

Garage
Working from home, always having to be on the computer or the phone, with a 16-month old girl in the house, is tough. Mostly because I feel like s*it having to tell her "daddy has to work" all the time.

I miss our friends. Hanging out, adults and kids in one big pile, starting a fire, cooking together, laughing...

..be one of the good guys.
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2020, 09:03 AM

Garage
I`ve missed the Corona virus. I hope to keep on missing it.

[B]Once you go PACK you never go back
]
post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2020, 09:23 AM

I miss the following:

My mean green V-650 that burned up in my garage fire 4 days ago. Yea I know there are other bikes out there to replace it but I had it totally tweaked and tuned to my particular likes.

My mountain bike that also burned up in the fire. It was an important part of my exercise routine.

My garage and tools and the ability to go out and build or fix something.

Going to church. Watching online is just not the same. Home bible study group has been relegated to Zoom meetings...yuk sucks.

Really miss going to the gym. Was a 3 day a week routine that relieved stress and made me feel better.

Shopping at the store, enjoying fully stocked shelves, without folks running around with masks on.

Our liberties supposedly guaranteed by the bill of rights.

Ok I'm done.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2020, 09:32 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerjet View Post
I miss the following:

My mean green V-650 that burned up in my garage fire 4 days ago. Yea I know there are other bikes out there to replace it but I had it totally tweaked and tuned to my particular likes.

My mountain bike that also burned up in the fire. It was an important part of my exercise routine.

My garage and tools and the ability to go out and build or fix something.

Going to church. Watching online is just not the same. Home bible study group has been relegated to Zoom meetings...yuk sucks.

Really miss going to the gym. Was a 3 day a week routine that relieved stress and made me feel better.

Shopping at the store, enjoying fully stocked shelves, without folks running around with masks on.

Our liberties supposedly guaranteed by the bill of rights.

Ok I'm done.
I keep thinking I need to figure out how to get my guitars back. Hopefully soon.

I mentioned to my wife yesterday that I've thought about breaking into my gym. I figure I could get a good pump in before the police show up.

She said the sheriff might show up and work out with me. It seems missing the gym and church are pretty universal around here.

I'm seeing more and more groups mod motorcycles running around. People are going stir crazy.
onewizard and hawkerjet like this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-18-2020, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Degrees View Post
I keep thinking I need to figure out how to get my guitars back. Hopefully soon.
Speaking of guitars, I was listening to these 2 songs while my garage was starting to burn.

This one is the one that got to me later when I realized what was going on while I was listening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32GZ...ex=2:surprise:
Buffalo_Bob and 52Degrees like this.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-19-2020, 01:44 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerjet View Post
Speaking of guitars, I was listening to these 2 songs while my garage was starting to burn.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DfQ...&start_radio=1

This one is the one that got to me later when I realized what was going on while I was listening.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32GZ...ex=2:surprise:
When I "clicked" on that video - it started w/ an advert starring Chris Hadfield - a Canadian astronaut. Besides my having met Chris, his brother Dave flew as my first officer on the 727 way-back-when.

Brought back some GREAT memories!

-
52Degrees likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 04-28-2020, 09:14 PM

I still get out some and with the nice weather have been able to walk everyday and do some rides. But working in the some house/office environment with my wife can be touchy. Part of that has to do with my work flow coming to an end at the end of this week. If I don't get some of the 2nd wave of the PPP program, I'll have to start pulling out of my 401K in a couple of weeks and have to lay off my son who is my only other employee. I like to work hard and use my brain, but the lack of demand for my product sucks.
52Degrees likes this.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 05-18-2020, 09:51 AM

Good news. I got a little PPP money to keep up alive and am starting to get some more work in the door. Other good news is that KY is opening up some business, so our hotel is available to us this coming weekend for a little 500 mile Memorial Weekend run using Lexington as the heart of a cloverleaf ride.
weljo2001 and 52Degrees like this.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode