Moons of Mars - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By hawkerjet
  • 2 Post By Fastoman
  • 2 Post By 52Degrees
  • 1 Post By hawkerjet
  • 1 Post By twowheeladdict

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2020, 09:07 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Moons of Mars

The planet Mars has 2 moons.

Phobos and Deimos. Roughly translated "fear/panic and terror/dread.

Makes me wonder if Corona Virus visited there in the past.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Moons-Apr8-7UT.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	12.6 KB
ID:	168003  
52Degrees likes this.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-10-2020, 09:22 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Not sure on the visit but hell is right here today.
onewizard and hawkerjet like this.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2020, 08:13 AM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
Yesterday was the first day (since March 18th when I got home from working out of state) that I have left my country place and quiet country roads to head across the state line to a larger town to pick up some motorcycle parts and take a test ride.

In my view, knowing that many business are shut down, the level of traffic and people out and about did not appear to be reduced one bit. I did see people driving with masks on. WTF? I put my mask on when I got off the bike, before entering the establishment. No one in the shop was wearing a mask.

Today, I am heading in the opposite direction about 80 miles of back roads to another large town to test ride a couple motorcycles so I will see what it is like there.

Nothing much out of the motorcycle industry regarding COVID-19, but I know in the car industry they are offering deferred start of payments and low interest rates to try and move some inventory.

I haven't seen an increase in used bikes on craigslist or cycletrader so it doesn't appear too many riders are feeling the hit in the economy yet.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2020, 08:50 AM Thread Starter

I noticed the same thing when I rode last week. I usually ride during the week so as to enjoy reduced traffic on country and mountain roads.

Boy howdy that sure was not the case. I saw more cars and truck out than I would see on a weekend.

Crazy times for sure.

Curious, what bikes are you planning to test ride? U looking to replace you Versys or just add another iron horse to the stable.

Cookin Wid Gas

post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2020, 10:18 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Around this resort area it is a ghost town. A few of the restaurants have curbside pickup, so we are enjoying a few really nice meals each week. The Home Depot is open, with maybe 10% of the usual number of customers inside. The roads are empty.

Lots of bicyclists, runners, and walkers out. Hardly anyone in the liquor store this week. Most shoppers in the grocery store are alone, and pretty much everyone is wearing a mask and gloves. Of course most people are using the gloves and masks incorrectly, so there is no benefit gained.

We've been told to wear masks at work now, but no medical grade are available and we are prohibited from using them in the cockpit. The work situation is a joke, but that's another story.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-11-2020, 11:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerjet View Post
The planet Mars has 2 moons.

Phobos and Deimos. Roughly translated "fear/panic and terror/dread.

Makes me wonder if Corona Virus visited there in the past.
I haven't seen you on here for a couple weeks and was getting concerned. Glad to see you're still here.
Fastoman and hawkerjet like this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2020, 07:52 AM

Garage
Quote:
I noticed the same thing when I rode last week. I usually ride during the week so as to enjoy reduced traffic on country and mountain roads.

Boy howdy that sure was not the case. I saw more cars and truck out than I would see on a weekend.

Crazy times for sure.

Curious, what bikes are you planning to test ride? U looking to replace you Versys or just add another iron horse to the stable.
I`m looking at modern classics. I've wanted a Kawasaki W800 since they came out and '19 was the first year they came to the states. So far I have ridden the W800 cafe, the Royal Enfield 650, the Moto Guzzi Racer, and a used Triumph Speed Twin.

I am liking the look, as well as the fit and finish of the '20 W800, but rode the cafe since it was available and same basic bike.

No Triumph dealers nearby, but I like the Street Scrambler which is why I rode the used Speed Twin to feel its drivetrain.

The Royal Enfield bikes are at a great price point, and customizable at reasonable prices, but since I already have the Himalayan I'm looking for something else.

I rode the Moto Guzzi Racer to help me determine if I want to cafe my V7III.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2020, 09:40 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I`m looking at modern classics. I've wanted a Kawasaki W800 since they came out and '19 was the first year they came to the states. So far I have ridden the W800 cafe, the Royal Enfield 650, the Moto Guzzi Racer, and a used Triumph Speed Twin.

I am liking the look, as well as the fit and finish of the '20 W800, but rode the cafe since it was available and same basic bike.
I like the looks of this bad boy.

Modern engine and chassis with the really cool retro look.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Z900RS-Cafe-side-view.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	52.4 KB
ID:	168027  
Buffalo_Bob likes this.

Cookin Wid Gas

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-12-2020, 11:16 AM

Garage
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post

I like the looks of this bad boy.

Modern engine and chassis with the really cool retro look.
I would buy the root beer RS, but the radiator kills it for me. Iím also not big on the sound and torque curve of I-4 engines.

Same with the Yamaha XSR 700/900 bikes.

It also has way more performance than I am looking for, or want to pay the insurance cost for.

My 52 HP Moto Guzzi has more than enough power for the riding I do. Plenty of passing power and can cruise the 45 to 55 mph back roads at 65 to 70 mph if desired.
It will hit the ton when needed.

Conversely, the Concours was overkill 95 percent of the time.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	001w800.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	70.8 KB
ID:	168031  
hawkerjet likes this.

My Versys Travels:

Last edited by twowheeladdict; 04-12-2020 at 11:54 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode