Ready for the Virus - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 4 Post By hawkerjet
  • 1 Post By onewizard
  • 1 Post By Duffy
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Ready for the Virus

Picked this up last summer when we were having an infestation of mosquito's. Some were spreading West Nile Virus.

I bought an insect fogger and the respirator to protect me from the chemicals in the fog when applying.

Had no idea that after West Nile left good o'l King Corona would arrive.

Wonder how much I could get for it on Craigslist?

Who will give me $500, do I hear $500. How bout $600 who will give me 6...do I hear 7?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200402_160702.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	55.1 KB
ID:	167943  

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 10:03 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
looks very effective, tho' a bit cumbersome. lol
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 10:19 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
your eyes are still vulnerable, as is your face.
I guess it's more protective than a N95 for nose and mouth, I hope you won't need it.

Versys 2015 Green
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Masks / To Wear or not To Wear--That is the Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerjet View Post
Picked this up last summer when we were having an infestation of mosquito's. Some were spreading West Nile Virus.

I bought an insect fogger and the respirator to protect me from the chemicals in the fog when applying.

Who will give me $500, do I hear $500. How bout $600 who will give me 6...do I hear 7?
I am sure your post is in jest.
I thought I would point out a few things many haven't thought of or are aware. That half mask doesn't protect your eyes or anyone around you if you happen to be a carrier. Some of you may have seen a post by me mentioning I worked in dirty noisy environments, some of those were in foundries up on overhead cranes, 30 feet up. FYI smoke usually rises. I have probably recorded over 500 hours wearing a full face mask , over 10,000 hours wearing the better 3M 8515, you need the right filter for the job. Your lungs need to force the air through those filters, this is increased exertion which usually raises the body temperature and heart rate, is very exhausting, no pun intended . In this photo the cheapy 8210 is the only one that protects people around you from you. All the others expel your breath unfiltered . What you see is all stuff that belonged to me as my personal PPE when I retired .No one wants used PPE, there is a right place for this stuff, welding yes, painting fumes yes, noxious odors yes , this pandemic ?????
The better masks have all been in my garage , in plastic but are all opened boxes. I just saw a neighbor walk by with a mask on and his dog. The very best advice is stay home, that includes going for a ride ,( comment on the news, if you require medical attention, the health care service is already pressed, they don't need more customers) stay away from other people and use soap and water and wash for 20 seconds. Being educated and practicing what health care professionals are suggesting is the best course of action .

quexpress likes this.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 02:11 PM

I've got a number of them in my shop.....I use them for painting.
onewizard likes this.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 04:16 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Garage
I have chemical masks for when I am woodworking. I also have dust masks, and HF masks that look like surgical masks. Oh and latex and Nitryl gloves.

With the pollen high this time of year I ride with a neck gaiter pulled up over my nose and mouth. Helps with the larger particulates along with the face shield being closed.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 05:21 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerjet View Post

Tim - is that thing on TOO tight? It looks like it's making your hair STAND UP or is that "making your hair PUSH OUT?"

hawkerjet likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 06:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
AT the rate things are moving, it might be a reality that someday we might all have to wear one and walk the surface of this earth. Not sure how we all let this happen ,are we moving too fast that some unknown virus is teaching us simply basic life. Hope is not too late for us human to look back and recover from our own mistakes.

Be safe all. ( nice mask by the way )
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 04-03-2020, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Tim - is that thing on TOO tight? It looks like it's making your hair STAND UP or is that "making your hair PUSH OUT?"

Wish I had hair to stand up or push out...Lol.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode