Anaheim 1 last night - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 3 Post By hawkerjet
  • 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 3 Post By hawkerjet

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 09:37 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Anaheim 1 last night

Supercross is back on for 2020.

Good racing last night. Bam Bam doing what he did last year with a win in the season opener.

Love watching racing having been an old racer myself bout a hundred years ago. Got nuthin but respect for these guys. They say that motocross is the most physically demanding sport in the world. I believe they are correct.

Definitely not for pussies or the faint of heart.

https://motorsports.nbcsports.com/20...rcross-opener/

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 10:33 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I started racing motocross back in the early 70's, and loved it. My bike was a suzuki tm125. just about every one else was racing the cr125 honda elsinore. Those were the good old days. There is no way my old body could hold up to that now.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I meant to watch that last night. Guessing it will be on a loop this week.

It's been swell, but the swelling has gone down.
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerjet View Post
...They say that motocross is the most physically demanding sport in the world. I believe they are correct....
Many years back, either CYCLE or CYCLE WORLD ran a comparison test of athletes from various sports, running on a treadmill. The only one that got it to the highest incline was the motocrosser, and he held it at the maximum FOR SEVERAL MINUTES.

The best condition I was ever in, was when I raced FIM Enduros in E Canada in the '70s and '80s.

kiwicraig likes this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 03:22 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Sweet, Honda Elsinore? What year/cc?
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 03:35 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Garage
My first motocross bike was a 1975 Honda Elsinore CR 125 raced it for a couple of years then went to a YZ 125 and then at the end of my sophmore year in high school moved up to a YZ 250 with a fox shock and simmons forks. I was a big kid so the 125's never seemed to have enough power. I rode my 250 more like a 125 and it worked out good for me. I live right down the freeway from Angels stadium and have yet to go to a race there. I was scrolling through the channels last night and so was coming on in 15 minutes so watched it. Was a good race.I'm a Jason Anderson fan.....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

“The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits.” – Albert Einstein
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-05-2020, 11:14 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I never rode motocross. Just scrambles and flat track.

Had the privilege of racing Ascot Park for a couple of seasons before I got into flying hang gliders.

I was #32y. Also 101z for one race with a borrowed license. You had to be 18 to get a professional license and I was 17 at the time.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	00000012.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	166913   Click image for larger version

Name:	00000013.jpg
Views:	21
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	166915   Click image for larger version

Name:	00000014.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	166917  
weljo2001, jaaklucas and Craigar like this.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.

Last edited by hawkerjet; 01-05-2020 at 11:16 PM.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 07:21 PM

Raced one of the first cr125 in NZ.Beat all the tm125.Got a factory GP barrel,piston and head,modified the expansion chamber and laid down the shocks.No power band,all revs or nothing.No other 125 could match the power but as soon as you got off the power band you had to fan the clutch.Start in 2nd gear,drop the clutch,2m out of the gate fan the clutch very slightly and into 3rd,keep the throttle wide open the whole time.Id be in 6th before most were in 4th,could match any 250 to the first corner.All our races were on fresh grass,no permanent tracks then.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-06-2020, 09:59 PM

Garage
Rooting for Tomac and Cianciarulo our Kawi bros!!!

Ride while you can
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-07-2020, 11:23 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 39 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by HelloFrom2012Versys650 View Post
Sweet, Honda Elsinore? What year/cc?
IF that's directed at me - the bike in my pic was a Can-Am 400 Qualifier EX-factory ISDT race-bike that I was able to buy as our club (the QTRF) raced w/ Can-Am factory riders in Quebec and E Ontario. Can't remember the year of the bike - probably it was an '82....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode