ANNOUNCEMENT: Makes me glad I prefer motorcycles... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

14Likes
  • 2 Post By Duffy
  • 1 Post By AmbientMoto
  • 1 Post By asphaltaddict33
  • 1 Post By 52Degrees
  • 3 Post By asphaltaddict33
  • 2 Post By jaaklucas
  • 1 Post By AmbientMoto
  • 1 Post By jaaklucas
  • 2 Post By Ohio Rider

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-19-2019, 05:36 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Makes me glad I prefer motorcycles...

Introducing the latest Ford model; the all electric Subaru Forester!

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 04:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I've had three previous Mustang models.......I would not buy one of those. Ford screwed up big time.
52Degrees and kardan like this.
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 04:23 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Yeah... A 5 door "Mustang"?

Maybe call it a Maveric-E. At least those were available as station wagons. It's just odd.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-20-2019, 10:16 PM

Garage
Calling it "Mustang" is weird/wrong... it has very little resemblance to previous body styles. Still... electric is the way of the future. It'll take the US a while to embrace it but it's coming.
jaaklucas likes this.

Here to learn.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Garage
I prefer strippers but I'll settle for motorcycles..

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 03:11 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Degrees View Post
Yeah... A 5 door "Mustang"?

Maybe call it a Maveric-E. At least those were available as station wagons. It's just odd.
Here's a link to it....

https://www.ford.com/suvs/mach-e/202...83!87149342627

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
As a Subaru Forester owner (2016 XT) I must protest. My Subaru is far more plain looking and practical than that blue painted polished turd. Most importantly its affordable keeping more $$$ in pocket for bike stuffs

The price of most of these new electric cars is usually bonkers, the whole massive inside screen with zero actual buttons and no normal exterior door handles is also a major turnoff for me. In the first generations we are still in, and as Tesla has proved, that stuff is gonna be glitchy as hell

Also glad I prefer bikes, and a plain cage to tow said bikes into summer weather climates as needed
52Degrees likes this.

2016 Versys 650LT - Madstad, T-Bob, LeoVince, SeatConcepts, HyperPro CSC Damper, Shoodabeen Flashed
2003 KLR 685 - +1mm IN & EX SS valves P&P, Innovate Wideband O2 Sensor, Progressive 465 w/ RAP, ThermoBob
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 04:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
To be fair, my wife owns a 2001 Forester. I was referring to Ford building a tall wagon and saying it is along the same lines as one of the most iconic sports cars ever made in the USA.
funflyingguy likes this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-21-2019, 05:20 PM

Thats fair. Ford is quite delusional putting the Mustang nameplate on that thing
Duffy, 52Degrees and funflyingguy like this.

2016 Versys 650LT - Madstad, T-Bob, LeoVince, SeatConcepts, HyperPro CSC Damper, Shoodabeen Flashed
2003 KLR 685 - +1mm IN & EX SS valves P&P, Innovate Wideband O2 Sensor, Progressive 465 w/ RAP, ThermoBob
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 04:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmbientMoto View Post
Still... electric is the way of the future. It'll take the US a while to embrace it but it's coming.
Theres a reason electric will be the norm and its not because its green. Its a better technology, pure and simple. And way cheaper to fuel up . The electric motor is so simple, bombproof and creates its max. torque at any RPM. Ive got an electric bike,4 years in and I ride alot. On road,off road. Up the mountain bike trails. Zero maintenance, battery still good and I push it. No babying the battery, just dont drain it. The BMS wont let you go to zero anyways. Anyone asks and Ill tell them I cant believe how good and simple the tech is. That said, I love my Kawi too, just wake up and take off for a few days anywhere. But all the time and money spent on engine maintenance on vehicles with internal combustion engines over my life will not be missed by me. Rather be riding! The game changer for us city dwellers will be when the diesel semi tractor trucks and buses go electric. No need for loud engine Jake brakes either. Diesel trains somehow get a pass too, totally unregulated. "Clean" diesel, what a load we all have been fed. Were making kids breath that junk,awful stuff.
AmbientMoto and 52Degrees like this.
post #11 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 10:30 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaklucas View Post
Theres a reason electric will be the norm and its not because its green. Its a better technology, pure and simple. And way cheaper to fuel up . The electric motor is so simple, bombproof and creates its max. torque at any RPM. Ive got an electric bike,4 years in and I ride alot. On road,off road. Up the mountain bike trails. Zero maintenance, battery still good and I push it. No babying the battery, just dont drain it. The BMS wont let you go to zero anyways. Anyone asks and Ill tell them I cant believe how good and simple the tech is. That said, I love my Kawi too, just wake up and take off for a few days anywhere. But all the time and money spent on engine maintenance on vehicles with internal combustion engines over my life will not be missed by me. Rather be riding! The game changer for us city dwellers will be when the diesel semi tractor trucks and buses go electric. No need for loud engine Jake brakes either. Diesel trains somehow get a pass too, totally unregulated. "Clean" diesel, what a load we all have been fed. Were making kids breath that junk,awful stuff.
We run that new clean diesel where I work. Interesting stuff... Much less viscous than regular diesel, water clear... Smells like benzene.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #12 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 12:59 PM

Garage
@jaaklucas agreed. There's something about the sound of a (well-running) ICE that will always stir my soul, and I intend to have a fossil-fuel burning bike in the garage for a long time. I'm not a tree hugger by any stretch of the imagination, my draw to electric vehicles is simply that I too see them as a better technology that will continue to (rapidly) improve. The next 10-20 years will see a massive shift to electric in all sectors. Ironically, the electric vehicle supply and manufacture chain is still powered by fossil fuels but that is changing as well. The "fuel distribution" system is already in place and once people are able to actually experience an electric vehicle, it's hard to deny the grin factor of near-quiet massive acceleration.

For a new rider, the simplicity and fun factor of an electric bike can be a game changer.
jaaklucas likes this.

Here to learn.
post #13 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Degrees View Post
We run that new clean diesel where I work. Interesting stuff... Much less viscous than regular diesel, water clear... Smells like benzene.
Im assuming making clean diesel is something like making clean coal...look, we can do it! All the junk and energy necessary to clean it up. Benzene.....Joker-level super-solvent isnt it? All Im saying is we can do alot better. Electricity is everywhere, we are just beginning to learn how to harness it. For instance,they just figured out how to harvest enough power to run a small digital clock wirelessly from the radio transmitters that broadcast our TV signals. No plug in ,no battery, LED chip. Anywhere you can pick up the broadcast signal you can harvest the power. From the radio signal,electricity is the signal carrier and the power can be still used after transmitting the signal. Like powering up your phone chordless via hot spots, which are a small magnetic field that is used to transmit power. This is Nickolas Tesla stuff realized.
52Degrees likes this.

Last edited by jaaklucas; 11-22-2019 at 01:48 PM.
post #14 of 14 (permalink) Old 11-22-2019, 02:21 PM

A few weeks ago, I got to be a passenger in a Tesla. (Don't know what model) The guy was giving me a lift from a boat launch ramp, back to the docks....so it was about a mile. We started in a big (and empty) parking lot, and he wants to show off the acceleration. I think he's going to give it a decent amount of 'gas'...but instead he FLOORS it! I thought my teeth were going to dislodge and it made me dizzy. The torque is INSTANT. (as opposed to some of these ridiculous CVT transmissions equipped cars) I was not expecting such a rush of power/torque.
Buffalo_Bob and 52Degrees like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode