SUV deliberately crushes a Harley Davidson In Lake Elsinore - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

29Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 09:22 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
SUV deliberately crushes a Harley Davidson In Lake Elsinore

Less than an hour from me.......

https://www.foxla.com/news/suv-caugh...mkFOtOj7Mg_FJs

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-21-2019, 09:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Harley vs BMW SUV...

Sounds like douche bag on douche bag crime to me.
weljo2001 and funflyingguy like this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #3 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 08:13 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Degrees View Post
Harley vs BMW SUV...

Sounds like douche bag on douche bag crime to me.

I watched the video and didn't get that from it. What makes you come to that conclusion? Just because the guy is on a cruiser?

My Versys Travels:

post #4 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 11:28 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I watched the video and didn't get that from it. What makes you come to that conclusion? Just because the guy is on a cruiser?
I also watched the video and it was clear from the narration that there has been a physical altercation between the biker and the SUV driver.

Could have been a sport bike rider for all I cared, I was trying to make a joke.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #5 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 11:42 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Something occurred to me... If you haven't been out west, hanging out with the Harley crowd out here, you may not be aware of how they've stereotyped their own behavior. Lane splitting recklessly, no riding lessons, often no endorsement, loud pipes and lots of needless revving, scaring the crap out of people on the road... It's not all of them, but it's not a few, either. And they seriously look down on anyone riding anything not 'Murican made. Most of them wear a 3-piece on their back.

By the way, I can't help but point out you didn't have a problem with the way I referred to the SUV driver. That's interesting, isn't it?

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #6 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 02:30 PM

Garage
Quote:
Something occurred to me... If you haven't been out west, hanging out with the Harley crowd out here, you may not be aware of how they've stereotyped their own behavior. Lane splitting recklessly, no riding lessons, often no endorsement, loud pipes and lots of needless revving, scaring the crap out of people on the road... It's not all of them, but it's not a few, either. And they seriously look down on anyone riding anything not 'Murican made. Most of them wear a 3-piece on their back.

By the way, I can't help but point out you didn't have a problem with the way I referred to the SUV driver. That's interesting, isn't it?
i think that harley crowd goes coast to coast. the weather in our part of the country allows for year round riding so they are more noticeable. from flip flops and shorts to the east bay types with custom color matched everything including helmets and stereos louder than the loud pipes. on the other hand the guy on the ducati hypermotard flying up 101 from sf seems worse. ducati loud, death wish riding and likes to touch what he passes with his hand.
nicely done.
52Degrees likes this.

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

post #7 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 02:48 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post
i think that harley crowd goes coast to coast. the weather in our part of the country allows for year round riding so they are more noticeable. from flip flops and shorts to the east bay types with custom color matched everything including helmets and stereos louder than the loud pipes. on the other hand the guy on the ducati hypermotard flying up 101 from sf seems worse. ducati loud, death wish riding and likes to touch what he passes with his hand.

nicely done.

I've been across most of the country, and the 1% guys in most other states are just that... 1%. California seems to have a real weird thing going on with "biker attitude", and it shows especially in the population centers.

Those Oakland bikers are sure a piece of work, aren't they? And Stockton has some exaggerated weirdness going on now with that SoA spin-off.

I had a guy roll up to the fireworks booth I was working on the 4th on his brand new (to him) Harley. Blasting tunes on the radio, left it idling in the parking lot so we could all 'enjoy' his rap music... Seriously left it to idle.

His wife parked behind him when he rolled up. She was worried he'd die and leave her and their 20 children with nothing on his first ever motorcycle ride.

He gave me the I'm cooler than you nod as he duck walked to 10 mph since he couldn't ride his stupid pig bike. That's fairly typical of the Harley riders I see. Again, not all...

For the record, I used to be all about Harleys. Custom Chrome catalogs took up a large space on my book shelf. If I had unlimited money and space, I'd have a few Harleys in various configurations.

I don't like an awful lot of Harley riders.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet

Last edited by 52Degrees; 09-22-2019 at 03:07 PM.
post #8 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Didnt get any backstory about the SUV driver, sounds like he hit the bike just cause it was there. Loud motorcycles....Im with the vast majority of the people on the planet who are non riders and have to suffer through this nonsense. We need to be so loud so we are noticed and seen. They're wearing earplugs so whats the problem?Gives the rest of us enthusiasts a bad name. Wanna be seen,put on LED daytime running lights. Saved my bacon many times,I absolutely pay attention to when and how well I am seen and acknowledged. I wish authorities would put as much energy into vehicle noise control as they put into emission controls!
52Degrees and funflyingguy like this.
post #9 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 03:32 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaklucas View Post
Didnt get any backstory about the SUV driver, sounds like he hit the bike just cause it was there. Loud motorcycles....Im with the vast majority of the people on the planet who are non riders and have to suffer through this nonsense. We need to be so loud so we are noticed and seen. They're wearing earplugs so whats the problem?Gives the rest of us enthusiasts a bad name. Wanna be seen,put on LED daytime running lights. Saved my bacon many times,I absolutely pay attention to when and how well I am seen and acknowledged. I wish authorities would put as much energy into vehicle noise control as they put into emission controls!
The way I heard the news story, there had been a fist fight precluding the vehicular assault.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #10 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 03:38 PM

Garage
Just went back and listened again... The news story doesn't directly say the biker was involved in the fight, but he did say the Beemer had to make a U-turn to get him, and he was already off the bike.
funflyingguy likes this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #11 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 03:56 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
The guys in the BMW were from Florida.....Enough Said.....
52Degrees likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #12 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 04:05 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaklucas View Post
as someone who commutes and filters legally 5 days a week in the sluggish san francsco bay area traffic i can say that loud pipes have a place on any bike i own. i also have led lights and ride like it matters. on the way to work traffic is moving at the limit to no worries. on the way home some days i split for 35 miles. i do this conservatively. loud horn, pipes and bright lights work for me. maybe you haven't seen the lady eating a salad and texting while she drives with her knees. or the guy who's laptop fits neatly in the steering wheel of his range rover.

Dadsafrantic

2018 versys 650 lt
0 miles- 8/15/19

post #13 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 04:31 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadsafrantic View Post
as someone who commutes and filters legally 5 days a week in the sluggish san francsco bay area traffic i can say that loud pipes have a place on any bike i own.
With the age of electric motorized vehicles coming with all their torque Im a little worried it may become too quiet! Especially for pedestrians amidst all the distracted driving. Rather have that problem though....
post #14 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 04:59 PM

Garage
Loud pipes do nothing aside from pissing off everyone you pass with them. Sounds propagates to the rear. You are warning anyone ahead of you.

Stop fooling yourselves.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #15 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 05:04 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
The guys in the BMW were from Florida.....Enough Said.....
Gotta love "Florida man" stories!
weljo2001 likes this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #16 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 05:24 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
Loud pipes do nothing aside from pissing off everyone you pass with them. Sounds propagates to the rear. You are warning anyone ahead of you.

Stop fooling yourselves.
I believe this is what you meant...?

Sounds propagates to the rear, so you are warning anyone BEHIND you.
funflyingguy likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #17 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 05:41 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I believe this is what you meant...?

Sounds propagates to the rear, so you are warning anyone BEHIND you.
When would you need to warn the cars you already passed?

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 09-23-2019 at 02:38 PM.
post #18 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 09:01 PM

Garage
Quote:

That's how I heard the SS bike crowd described. Mmm.

My Versys Travels:

post #19 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 09:03 PM

Garage
Quote:

I saw what the SUV driver did. The rest of what you are saying is your imagination based on stereotyping.

My Versys Travels:

post #20 of 32 (permalink) Old 09-22-2019, 09:06 PM

Garage
Quote:

Stop fooling yourselves.
Not entirely true. When I was in traffic going north out of LA I heard the bikes before I saw them. Yes, they are louder once they pass, but I could still hear them and check my mirrors for them. That said, it is the only state and roads where I think loud pipes help. Otherwise I don't like to hear bikes that are too loud.
Fastoman and funflyingguy like this.

My Versys Travels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode