Stay off the phone while driving, guy almost got killed because of it today. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

4Likes
  • 3 Post By Kyle E
  • 1 Post By Kyle E

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 04:10 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Stay off the phone while driving, guy almost got killed because of it today.

This poor guy, riding his bike at Ogden and Main street this morning was hit by the white car in the photo. Stupid driver was on her phone, turned into the guy on his bike making the crossing legally. The construction worker was a millimeter from being hit. Used my motorcycle to block him from getting run over as he was complaining about neck and back injuries so couldn't move him.

Obviously a poor guy who is probably scraping by just had his world screwed up by this asshole who couldn't stop texting for five damn seconds. His bike is ruined crankcase is destroyed. Thankfully LV Marshall was driving by shortly after it happened and was able to put a rush on the ambulance. LV Fire was quick and professional, LVMPD officers were great as well during the investigation.

Gave my card to the motor officer to have the guy call me when he gets out of the hospital so I can get him a new bike while he is dealing with the insurance BS. Making giant assumptions but I assume the guy is a day laborer and illegal (did not speak English at all heavy Salvadorian accent) so he may be afraid to file insurance claims for injury but what the hell do I know?

I know I don't have to tell you guys, e all see the idiots on their phones. We all have had close calls because of it.... Just a little unsettling to see the bad side of it happen in living color.

Fastoman, sedro tom and rsherman like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Did the woman who hit him stop? I hope she was at least issued a ticket. Good on you for looking out, and having more than the usual amount of compassion for his potential situation.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-13-2019, 09:24 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by rsherman View Post
Did the woman who hit him stop? I hope she was at least issued a ticket. Good on you for looking out, and having more than the usual amount of compassion for his potential situation.

Yes she did stop (Or I would have chased her). I didn't see what exactly she was cited for but was chatting with the motor cop as he was filling out the ticket sheet. It was more than one infraction. I think they should take her dang lic away for causing an injury accident while messing with the phone.
rsherman likes this.
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle E View Post
Yes she did stop (Or I would have chased her). I didn't see what exactly she was cited for but was chatting with the motor cop as he was filling out the ticket sheet. It was more than one infraction. I think they should take her dang lic away for causing an injury accident while messing with the phone.

Yep! Florida's law just went into effect on the 1st of July...but ya think anyone cares? The past few days I've witnessed a number of people, heads down while driving or stopped at a light, still in the passing lane while cars go around the right of them...totally oblivious!

Until the consequence is 6 months no license and/or a hefty fine people will not give a crap. They are so ADDICTED to their cell phones.

In the case of the incident you witnessed...I'd love to see what the hell she was texting about that was SOOOO IMPORTANT that she's willing to risk the lives of others to transmit a message. Probably goes like this:

Her: "OMG! Did you see Sarah's new bikini? It's sooo ugly!".
Person she's texting: "OMG, yes! It's hideous.".

And so on...
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 12:33 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
I have always wondered why negligently injuring someone with a car is less bad legally than if you hurt them negligently with another object. What if you were carelessly swinging around a hammer and inflicted permanent brain injury, or crippled someone with a sledgehammer, or killed someone with a chain saw? The perp would face serious criminal charges and large financial liabilities for any of those, but if you inflict the same with a car while texting (or intoxicated) you tend to face minimal if no real consequences.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-14-2019, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Kyle E. Life is so blessed with some of the most amazing people like you. Thanks you for being part of the journey in this beautiful world. God bless your loved ones and you.

THANK YOU SIR.

An Exhibition of Accident caused by Hand phone.

Last edited by Fastoman; 07-14-2019 at 11:18 PM. Reason: add image
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode