Seven bikers killed in New Hampshire - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

21Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 02:25 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Seven bikers killed in New Hampshire

Unbelievable.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/06/22/us/ne...uck/index.html

With all the pollution and climate change, what kind of world will we leave Keith Richards?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 03:09 AM

Oww , not good. Let's hope not a road rage incident. Prayers to those affected, including all the families.
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 03:26 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Feel lousy hearing such news.
post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 09:33 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Heard this on the news this morning. Makes me wonder is the guy in the truck was in a big ass hurry and pulled out to pass but did not see the bikers.

Regardless it's a terrible loss of life.

Be safe out there fellas.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 09:39 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I donít know what happened. Can only imagine it happened so fast the bikers couldnít react. In this case Iím sure the same outcome in terms of life loss would have been the same if all 7 were in a car. A 2500 is a big truck.

Tragedy regardless of the number of wheels.

With all the pollution and climate change, what kind of world will we leave Keith Richards?
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 12:06 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Saw the photo, hard to believe a 3/4 ton pickup could cause that much damage. Question is how did it happen. This photo may help, it was hauling a large trailer
https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/...-h/1534851001/

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...70MMh_Ant3c94N

Shibumik likes this.

Last edited by onewizard; 06-22-2019 at 12:13 PM.
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 12:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Unbelievable.

post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 02:06 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
God bless them all.

[I won't ride in any large group of motorcycles because of concerns of something like this occurring.]

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 06:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
God bless them all.

[I won't ride in any large group of motorcycles because of concerns of something like this occurring.]

We spread and stagger our bikes out but I honestly never thought about this type of thing would ever be a possibility. Iíll make sure we open up even further now. Too bad we have to learn from the mistakes of others like this. My guys have been talking about this a great deal today.

post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 06:52 PM

It requires a lot of paranoia to ride safely these days. My sympathies to all involved. Tragic!
Shibumik likes this.
post #11 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 07:12 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
God bless them all.

Is it better to die alone or with a group of your best friends? Mmm.

My Versys Travels:

post #12 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-22-2019, 07:16 PM

Garage
Rest in peace fellow riders. May God have mercy on your souls.

May your loved ones find solace in the fact that you went out doing what you love.

May they cherish your memories once they have mourned your loss.

May the injured be restored to a good quality of life.

May the witnesses memory of what they have witnessed not torment them.

My Versys Travels:

post #13 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 12:36 AM

Garage
My thoughts to all those left behind.

It sometimes strikes me how media report motorcycle related accidents. I don't know if this is true of the US (where it appears most of you ladies and gentlemen are from) but a few days ago a biker was killed in Denmark, and the news reported that "the motorcyclist hit an oncoming motorist who was turning left". I'm pretty sure what happened is "the person in the car turned left across his oncoming lane and didn't pay attention, so he drove out in the path of the oncoming motorcycle". Of course, I don't know the circumstances - bike could have been doing 250 kph - but in my mind the media could do a lot more to report these things in a way that would encourage car drivers to be a lot more attentive, instead of making it seem like "another hooligan on a deathmachine hit a car".

Oh well - we don't get back those we've lost. But what we can do is learn. Do your motorcycling courses when you can afford it, and be the safest driver you can be. Keep a safe distance, and keep the funny stuff at the track.
DavidH, Duffy and Shibumik like this.

..be one of the good guys.
post #14 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 06:49 AM

Garage
I sincerely hope that none of those riders died due to head injuries sustained because they weren't wearing a helmet. I have seen riders cross into a state with no helmet law, pull over and remove their helmets. WTF?

At a vintage rally I attended, there was a group ride, which I declined to join. Not far from the start one rider went down, taking a further eight bikes with him. Multiple injuries, beautiful bikes trashed.

I won't ride with more than three bikes in total. Not only is it less safe, but it also is not much fun constantly waiting for stragglers. Too damn slow for me and too much worry. Bad things can happen quickly.
onewizard, Duffy, Shibumik and 2 others like this.

Observations on life and motorcycling, short stories and photos, with no annoying political or religious rhetoric
post #15 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 07:36 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
I sincerely hope that none of those riders died due to head injuries sustained because they weren't wearing a helmet. I have seen riders cross into a state with no helmet law, pull over and remove their helmets. WTF?

At a vintage rally I attended, there was a group ride, which I declined to join. Not far from the start one rider went down, taking a further eight bikes with him. Multiple injuries, beautiful bikes trashed.

I won't ride with more than three bikes in total. Not only is it less safe, but it also is not much fun constantly waiting for stragglers. Too damn slow for me and too much worry. Bad things can happen quickly.
New Hampshire's motto is "Live Free or Die". Whether they were wearing helmets or not should not become a factor in the trial against the driver of the truck.

My Versys Travels:

post #16 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 07:58 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
New Hampshire's motto is "Live Free or Die". Whether they were wearing helmets or not should not become a factor in the trial against the driver of the truck.
I don't see anybody in chains around here and we wear helmets.

Observations on life and motorcycling, short stories and photos, with no annoying political or religious rhetoric
post #17 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 09:22 AM

Garage
Interesting point FriendlyViking.
In part I blame some guys posting youtube videos riding at 170mph (look it up, it is named police and 170mph bike or something like that).
Thus, one guy makes up for everyone else.
One of the things I've notice in the US, bikers tend to be older, so probably the majority is not speeding at that level, if speeding.
As probably these people who were just killed were not speeding.
They were riding with their wives, or significant other, and in group.
I don't know what happened, but I believe the truck is at fault. (See the point of view depends on what one drives).

Media, PA
Versys 650ABS/ 2017
post #18 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 11:19 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KawaDMP View Post
... bikers tend to be older, so probably the majority is not speeding.

I don't know what happened, but I believe the truck is at fault. (See the point of view depends on what one drives).
Hey, I resemble that remark, I'm old as dirt but I'm not slow. Can't handle riders who poke along holding up traffic- it's embarrassing. Motorcycles should not hold up automobiles, it goes against nature.

It's a bit early to play the blame game, don't you think, people? A tragedy nonetheless.
onewizard likes this.

post #19 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 02:22 PM

Garage
Quote:
Hey, I resemble that remark, I'm old as dirt but I'm not slow. Can't handle riders who poke along holding up traffic- it's embarrassing. Motorcycles should not hold up automobiles, it goes against nature.
Do you really need to ride at over 100mph to hold traffic?
Do you really ride at 100 mph?

I don't ride slowly, but also, I don't need to ride at that kind of speed.
I believe that within the time I've had this bike, my maximum speed was about 85mph, which I find enough.

Quote:
It's a bit early to play the blame game, don't you think, people? A tragedy nonetheless.
You are correct, but getting 13 riders, it seems difficult to be the bikers fault, but, you are right, I don't know what happened.

Media, PA
Versys 650ABS/ 2017
post #20 of 29 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 04:40 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 29 Post(s)
Quote:
God bless them all.

Quote:
...At a vintage rally I attended, there was a group ride, which I declined to join. Not far from the start one rider went down, taking a further eight bikes with him. Multiple injuries, beautiful bikes trashed... I won't ride with more than three bikes in total. Not only is it less safe, but it also is not much fun constantly waiting for stragglers. Too damn slow for me and too much worry. Bad things can happen quickly.
I just went thru my RCAF 'pilot-training' log-book for my FORMATION TRAINING hours: 29.4 HOURS in jets [that cost WAY MORE than Harleys do!], PLUS all the formation hours I got operationally flying C-130 Hercules aircraft, w/ ONE memorable trip of 12.6 hours, followed the NEXT day by one of 12 hours - come to mind.

So, IN MY OPINION - NOBODY should ever think they can ride in a typical tight-formation w/ other riders such as we ALL see regularly...!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Is it better to die alone or with a group of your best friends? Mmm.
Probably BEST to die in bed of old age...

Fastoman and Shibumik like this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode