A Versys challenge - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

4Likes
  • 1 Post By Smiley
  • 3 Post By Fastoman

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

Garage
A Versys challenge

Who will be the first to ride their Versys to the Arctic Ocean on the new road to Tuktoyaktuk?

Not me, but any western riders up for a challenge?

https://o.canada.com/travel/tips-for...to-tuktoyaktuk

Observations on life and motorcycling, short stories and photos, with no annoying political or religious rhetoric
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

Smiley - a fellow I met years ago on D2D '15 replaced his F800GS w/ a '16 V650, planning D2D '20 NEXT summer w/ further to Tuk, but he put the V up FOR SALE awhile back.

I DON'T think it'll be me, as I'm NOT sure I'm still "up" for the long rides after having my butt hurting on my two 11 hour days last week - FIRST time for "butt hurt" for me on long rides....

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 08:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post

I DON'T think it'll be me, as I'm NOT sure I'm still "up" for the long rides after having my butt hurting on my two 11 hour days last week - the FIRST time for "butt hurt" for me on long rides...

Rides like that are behind me too, especially from Ontario. As for butt pain, riding the SW states on my Concours in July was extremely hot. The desert canyons were fun- I spent a week riding and exploring, particularly the parks in Utah.

I had a sheepskin over a softly inflated air pillow and wore bicycle shorts under jeans. Very comfortable but not in the 95~115F temperatures I encountered. Somewhere in New Mexico, I reached the extreme pain level. Barely able to sit, I stopped at a mall and bought a can of Gold Bond Powder.

Find the nearest washroom and sprinkle powder liberally on flaming arse cheeks. Sting, then cool, then the itch and pain are gone. The powder absorbs sweat too, necessary for extended riding comfort. Now I apply it before a long ride on a hot day.

Sprinkling it on the boys is to be avoided.
Fastoman likes this.

Observations on life and motorcycling, short stories and photos, with no annoying political or religious rhetoric
post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2019, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator

On long tour's I keep my daily mileage to about 600km/day, that's when the butt starts hurting and if you keep pushing the mileage then its going to be a pain in As.. the next day.

Plan well and be within you limits-age wise.
onewizard, Smiley and Shibumik like this.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 01:06 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
...Sprinkling it on the boys is to be avoided. ...
Did you find THAT out on purpose?

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-21-2019, 08:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
Did you find THAT out on purpose?

Short answer: yes.

Back when I bicycled up to 100 miles in a day training, preventing the flaming burn included a personal pre-ride liberal dousing of talc to keep the arse and boys dry and less prone to saddle burn.

The same principle applies to motorcycle riding in extreme heat. I figured, 'Why not use Gold Bond powder before riding instead of talcum powder?. It works great to relieve arse burn.'

Applied as per bicycle riding, including the boys. Works with talcum, but Gold Bond powder?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode