Washing motorbike - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

4Likes
  • 1 Post By kardan
  • 2 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By kardan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 03:42 PM Thread Starter

Washing motorbike

Hola,

I wish to know from you folks how often do you wash your bikes?
I almost need to wash them 2 per week, or every day if is rain, because I live in village, and many mud, dirt and other nasty stuff I get on my bike, ( now start season of mosquitoes and after 30 minutes of ride I kill them with my bike probably 100 . They get dry and stuck, because I always wait to bike 100% cooldown before washing. )
If I drive after rain like today, my bike look like somebody throw on them 10 kg od mud,sand and other staff.
It is painfull to clean all that. (I clean him manualy, no pressure cleaner, I don't have them).
Last weekend I have 300 miles trip, and when I got back to home, my bike look bloody (hahaha) I don't know what kind of bugs I kill to leave that much blood sometimes.
So I wish to know how you cleaning your bikes, so maybe I can use your hacks
funflyingguy likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

I worry MORE about how my chain is doing, than how the rest of the bike looks, so I don't USUALLY wash it till its been dirty for a few weeks., but I DO lube my chain OFTEN!
onewizard and funflyingguy like this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 04:12 PM Thread Starter

I lubricate chain every 400km sometimes 600km (IPONE X-TREM CHAIN ROAD 750ml ) it says 800km, but I ignore that ( i love lubricant he he )

My service guy say that I need to clean bike better, because of sealings and other stuff on bike, i forgot what else they say because i already get my helmet on head.
Anyway many people tell me to not wash bike with pressure cleaner, so it is painfull to clean that, I just use car sponge and some kind of car soap and I have fun for next 1 hour (including microfiber tissue for removing wather)- my wather contain many scale (stone - i don't know correct word in english).
My friends have sportsbike so they don't have on bike many curves like Versys 650. They clean bike in 15 minute and that is it.
funflyingguy likes this.
post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 05:10 PM

Garage
Wash? Oh yeah... I left it out in the rain. Rode it in the rain to blast the bus off.

I'm not sure there's a truly great way to wash a bike. I usually use some kind of waterless cleaner, after I've sprayed off the major foot with a garden hose. But I haven't actually washed it for a few months.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 08:49 PM

Garage
I washed my once in almost 3 years....Normally just wipe the bike down with a damp cloth and its fine....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 11:02 AM

Garage
i have always kept my vehicles clean, no matter what the weather, even in the winter although less often. but i have pretty much always lived and ridden in suburban and city areas, where the daily dirt and grime is likely less. so in keeping with tradition, i clean the rims after almost every ride and wash the bike anytime it shows dirt, with warm water and a mild carwash soap and sponge, by hand. ..........after it cools down of course!
as far as the chain, since i'm back in the chain maint mode since i sold my FJR, i hear varying thoughts but generally do my chain twice or so a month. that might figure out to every 400 - 500 miles...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 04:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by kardan View Post
...My service guy say that I need to clean bike better, because of seals and other stuff on bike, I forgot what else they say because I already get my helmet on head. Anyway many people tell me to not wash bike with pressure cleaner, so it is painful to clean that....
I ALWAYS wash mine w/ a pressure washer [and have for many years], but I'm VERY careful NOT to spray high-pressure water where it shouldn't go (around the axles [where the seals LIVE, or into electics WHICH I HAVE 'SEALED' W' DIELECTRIC GREASE!].

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 04:34 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I washed mine once in almost 3 years....Normally just wipe the bike down with a damp cloth and its fine....
Says the man who has a bike that could be included in an art-show at ANY major gallery!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 04:35 PM

Garage
knowing where not to is half the battle !!! (applies for all kinds of things....... LOL..)

jim
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode