Prayer Request - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

36Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 10:49 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Prayer Request

Some of you may know about my recent back surgery and here is the update.

I had back surgery about 4 weeks ago. Was starting to feel pretty good by day 10 of my recovery when I twisted and had a major setback. The symptoms that caused me to have surgery became worse after the twisting incident. Then 2 days ago I had another set back while scooting forward in a kitchen chair. Had I known this was awaiting me I would not have had the surgery. Please pray for the Lord to bring healing for my back. I am walking around on egg shells wondering what pain is going to jab me next. Plus the emotional and psychological battle has been equally hard as I try to deal with the huge regret I feel for having the surgery. I was very active prior to the surgery but now can barely function. Thank you, Tim.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 11:55 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Prayers Sent....
onewizard, hawkerjet and 52Degrees like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 12:20 PM

More prayers sent your way Tim. Also a wish that with a little more time you won't regret having the surgery. Good Luck - positive thoughts also being sent your way.
Chuck
onewizard, weljo2001 and hawkerjet like this.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 01:26 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Garage
Prayers sent....
hawkerjet likes this.

Ride while you can
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
God bless, Tim.

hawkerjet likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 04:08 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Prayers sent.
hawkerjet likes this.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 04:41 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Prayers your way.

Stay positive and let these incidents be your gauge, meaning, even the simplest things might tweek ya some. Therefore, Netflix/Recliner/TV Remote!

Get better, sir!
hawkerjet likes this.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 05:02 PM

Sorry for your suffering. Prayers for healing!
hawkerjet likes this.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 07:01 PM

That absolutely sucks, man. I hope you and your doctors can get you past this.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 07:30 PM

Garage
Praying.
hawkerjet likes this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 07:40 PM

🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻🙏🏻✝️✝️✝️✝️ God Please Heal this Man. Amen
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 08:31 PM

Garage
Praying
hawkerjet likes this.

I don't care what you ride, just ride.
post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-02-2019, 11:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I really appreciate the kind words and especially your prayers.

This has really been tough.

Cookin Wid Gas

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 12:34 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Have you contacted the surgeon? When I was first recovering from my surgery and was just walking around the inside of the house I got a shock wave down my leg like I had just stuck my finger in a light socket! The put me on a steroid pack and that helped reduce the inflammation. You also want to monitor your temperature to make sure you are not getting an infection. Mine took 3 months to fester and grow enough to put me down and I was thinking the whole time that it was part of healing and rehabilitating.

Make sure you are communicating with your caregivers. My Dad always replies with "Fantastic" when anyone asks him how he is doing. I have to continually bug him to provide more information than that to those who want to know what his real situation is.
onewizard likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Have you contacted the surgeon? When I was first recovering from my surgery and was just walking around the inside of the house I got a shock wave down my leg like I had just stuck my finger in a light socket! The put me on a steroid pack and that helped reduce the inflammation. You also want to monitor your temperature to make sure you are not getting an infection. Mine took 3 months to fester and grow enough to put me down and I was thinking the whole time that it was part of healing and rehabilitating.
I don't have any signs of infection. Been in communication with my surgeons PA. Going to order an MRI to make sure nothing inside has gone south.

Thanks for your concern and input. Very much appreciated.

Tim.
Shibumik likes this.

Cookin Wid Gas

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 07:17 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Mri

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerjet View Post
I don't have any signs of infection. Been in communication with my surgeons PA. Going to order an MRI to make sure nothing inside has gone south.

Thanks for your concern and input. Very much appreciated.

Tim.
Good to hear you have intelligent surgeons , it took several Xrays, Ultra sound and finally almost 12 months after my injury to get a MRI done, nothing else showed a problem, both the Xray in March and MRI showed a partially torn ACL and partially torn meniscus along with a protrusion from the meniscus, I just got a appointment for a orthopedic surgeon and got a custom brace, my biggest concern was having my left leg knee let go while sitting at a stop light ( happens without warning and swells up within 2 hours time ). I was told that all three for me is required, physio which is about 45 minutes twice a day exercises, the knee brace which I am told could take several months to get use to and possible surgery.
So Tim, now that you have the Flash, I sure hope you heal, and yes, like anything the more active you are the faster things heal, always best if you have professionals that truly believe in helping you and give solid advice.
hawkerjet and Shibumik like this.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-03-2019, 09:25 PM

Garage
Hope your back heals soon. Back surgery is never easy or fun. My partners are physicians and they say they would only get back surgery as a last resort. That said, if you havenít had the MRI to reveal soft tissue damage, get one as others have suggested. Backs take time to heal and itís painful - amazingly delicate for all they do and so easy to injure. Hopefully yours is just going through the natural progression of healing. Follow your docs advice and get a second opinion to reinforce their guidance if needed. That saved my life. If nothing else, youíll sleep better knowing your docs are on the right path - or perhaps a better path us possible. The more heads the better.

In the mean time, best wishes. You will get through this.
onewizard and hawkerjet like this.

With all the pollution and climate change, what kind of world will we leave Keith Richards?
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 12:43 PM

Praying for you brother.
hawkerjet likes this.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 09:04 PM

Heal fast and well!
hawkerjet likes this.
post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 06-06-2019, 06:55 AM

Tim, prayers and God's blessings from Down Under.
hawkerjet likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode