I had a little race yesterday - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

17Likes
  • 10 Post By Steve in Sunny Fl
  • 1 Post By twowheeladdict
  • 1 Post By 52Degrees
  • 5 Post By Beezerboy

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 08:16 PM Thread Starter

I had a little race yesterday

I was out riding my Versys 1000 yesterday, just clearing a one stoplight town and resuming 65 mph when I see this orange ratted out sportbike with a stretched swingarm getting ready to pull out of a driveway to my left. I guess I looked like easy prey, so he caught up next to me. No gear, shorts, t shirt, tennis shoes. The bike sounded lousy. I thought it was a 500. He starts with the head and hand gestures "let's race". He kicks down a couple gears and jabs the throttle a couple times. OK, what the heck. I downshift to 3rd and bang the throttle. Instantly left him. clicked into 4th then 5th, up to around 120+ and then I back out, he's way back. While I'm slowing down around 100 or so, he blows past me. i continue to slow, he slows up next to me and wants to try again.

At this point I point to the side of the road. "pull over". He pulls over and I roll up next to him and pull off my helmet. I tell him "I just wanted you to see you are trying to race an old man". He responds "I know... what size engine is that" I respond "it's a thousand" he says "so is mine" and I notice under all the cracked and glued plastic that it has ZX10R on the side.

I say to him "I tuned this myself"

And his response is pure gold.

"so did I".

If you know what a Versys 1000 can do, and what a zx10r can do, then I won't even bother to explain what the moral of this story is.

Steve
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 08:39 PM

Garage

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 09:03 PM

Garage
Nothing like a SQUID.
52Degrees likes this.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 09:54 PM

Too funny.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650

And most of Canada too, eh?
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-25-2019, 10:56 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Nothing like a SQUID.
Squid Vicious!
twowheeladdict likes this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 08:06 AM

Garage
Nice comeuppance.

Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 07:34 PM
Super Moderator

He has a lot to learn...
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2019, 10:39 PM

Garage
apparently he hasn't quite worked on it long enough to make it quit running altogether then.
Fastoman, SteveJ, Brockie and 2 others like this.

if I'm answering your question I assume the basic points have been addressed, such as: did you do a compression test? is it still on fire?
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beezerboy View Post
apparently he hasn't quite worked on it long enough to make it quit running altogether then.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-27-2019, 03:52 PM

Garage
Reminds me of a roommate I had years ago, discussing automobile safety features... "if we could just figure out a way to keep them from being able to get in..."

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode