What's your guilty pleasure? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

37Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 02:16 AM Thread Starter

Garage
What's your guilty pleasure?

Just curious what entertains other bikers that maybe that think shouldn't entertain them.

As a former wannabe police officer and current wannabe good guy with an attitude, I really enjoy watching videos of guys out running police.

I think it's weird that I find it so entertaining, since I am so against it. Weird me, I guess.

So, what's yours?

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 05:47 AM

Twisty. Mountain. Roads. At hooligan speeds.
52Degrees likes this.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'99 Concours(with 234,xxx miles on it), sold
'98 KLR650

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

And most of Canada too, eh?
post #3 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 06:38 AM

Garage
Throwing out comments that make people say WTF?

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 09:04 AM

Garage
Let's see...watching other people build stuff instead of working on stuff myself. In the same vein, watching time lapse videos of swimming pools being constructed is kinda mesmerizing. Lastly, I'm a big fan of stupid criminal videos or "good guy with a gun" videos. I like it when the bad guys lose.

None of these are really guilty pleasures, per se, but they waste huge amounts of time.

Oh and cyst popping videos. So gross, but...
52Degrees likes this.
post #5 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 10:15 AM

Garage
Singing at the top of my lungs to Bitch Better Have my Money by Rihanna.

To put that into context, I'm 42, do viking reenactment fighting (axes, swords and shields), I help arrange a local heavy metal festival, and I have a pretty big beard.

That and Pinot Noir.

Not at the same time. At least not yet. Hmmm.... *rubs beard*
Tcruarceri and 52Degrees like this.

..be one of the good guys.
post #6 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 11:41 AM
Super Moderator

ICE CREAM cones - TWO flavors of HARD ice cream!!! done during rides.

twowheeladdict and 52Degrees like this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #7 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 01:06 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
ICE CREAM cones - TWO flavors of HARD ice cream!!! done during rides.

Definitely one of my Guilty pleasures because I don't tell my wife I stopped for ice cream. We have an old time drugstore on the other end of 35 miles of glorious roads that sells a double scoop bowl or cone for a total out the door price of $1.50! They also sell a 6 ounce cup of coke for a nickel!
52Degrees likes this.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 01:25 PM

Another guilty pleasure. Not coloring Oregon on my states ridden in map. Been there three different times, twice for two to three weeks. Once just up and down the coast for about three days.
52Degrees likes this.

Yeah, if you want true ram air tuning, you better be willing to ram some air! (SteveinSunnyFlorida)

'15 KLE650LT
'98 KLR650

post #9 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 01:43 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveJ View Post
Another guilty pleasure. Not coloring Oregon on my states ridden in map. Been there three different times, twice for two to three weeks. Once just up and down the coast for about three days.
Ok... As a Oregon native, this sounds kike an interesting story.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #10 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 01:57 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtmango333 View Post
Let's see...watching other people build stuff instead of working on stuff myself. In the same vein, watching time lapse videos of swimming pools being constructed is kinda mesmerizing. Lastly, I'm a big fan of stupid criminal videos or "good guy with a gun" videos. I like it when the bad guys lose.

None of these are really guilty pleasures, per se, but they waste huge amounts of time.

Oh and cyst popping videos. So gross, but...

Then you'll love this channel. The good guy gets to win.... https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXM...prxnM_4kYZuB3g
52Degrees likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 05-23-2019 at 03:50 PM.
post #11 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Degrees View Post
Ok... As a Oregon native, this sounds kike an interesting story.

No story, just lazy. Nothing to see here, just move on...

Skol.
52Degrees likes this.

'15 KLE650LT
'98 KLR650

post #12 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 04:48 PM

Garage
Shoujo, seinen, jousei, and other genres of romance manga primarily. Some other genres as well, including horror and isekai, but mostly the more chill stuff.
52Degrees likes this.

Anything's a dirt bike if you're not a lil b**ch

-
post #13 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 07:53 PM

Generally living my life and treating my body and bank account like I better be dead in the next decade or I am going to really, really regret it. But I just turned 30 last winter and keep saying it won’t be another 10 years of that...

2018 Versys 650 ABS
post #14 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 07:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcruarceri View Post
Generally living my life and treating my body and bank account like I better be dead in the next decade or I am going to really, really regret it. But I just turned 30 last winter and keep saying it won’t be another 10 years of that...
I'm 47... And here I am. Never thought I'd be this old.
Fastoman and Tcruarceri like this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #15 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-23-2019, 09:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Degrees View Post
I'm 47... And here I am. Never thought I'd be this old.

I'm 57....Never thought I'd see 18.....

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #16 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 11:51 AM

Guilty pleasures? I have way too many, but the first I can think of?

* Really bad movies
* Bad reality shows...usually involving cryptozoology, dating/marriage "experiments," or ghost hunting.
* Riding my bike, at speed, between road humps while the cagers behind me have to slow down.
onewizard and 52Degrees like this.
post #17 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 04:35 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Then you'll love this channel. The good guy gets to win....
Remember the movie w/ John Candy playing a cop?

Woman wants her cat down from a tree, so Candy pulls out his pistol and fires ONCE. Problem solved....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #18 of 31 (permalink) Old 05-24-2019, 04:57 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:

Woman wants her cat down from a tree, so Candy pulls out his pistol and fires ONCE. Problem solved....
Always seemed the more effective method to me...
weljo2001 likes this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #19 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:

Here's ANOTHER way....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	forum.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	25.7 KB
ID:	164095  

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #20 of 31 (permalink) Old 06-09-2019, 04:23 PM

First person history

laterdude.com

Unmitigated risk aversion is the new Puritanism; complete with witch hunts funny outfits and humorless preachers thundering doom. The Deity is Safety; Satan is a Lawyer; but the object is the same: to suck the life out of life and tell you how to live it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode