On the ride home last night... - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Off Topic Discussions For all of your off topic talk and just general B.S. Jokes, funny stories, etc...

4Likes
  • 4 Post By Devilsfan

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 1 (permalink) Old 04-26-2019, 05:44 AM Thread Starter

On the ride home last night...

...we had parent/teacher conferences last night. Normally, because very few parents take the time to show up, I get out of these things at 7pm. Last night had a decent turn-out and didn't get finished until 7:45. So it was dusk and I have a 30 mile trip home.

The things one see's!!!

Wish I had a camera but a few miles from the school in a residential area I notice a guy on a bicycle pulling one of those baby trailers. As I passed him I see his wife/girlfriend in the back of this thing smoking a heater!!! (Only in Florida!)

Then, I get on the 301 which passes through a wooded, nature preserve area. About a mile in off the side was a big-ass wild pig...I mean he was huge!!! These things ran in front of me one night and I barely saw them coming out of the woods. Thank goodness this guy was off to he side munching away.

A few more miles down the read was a dead bird, one of those anhinga's.

And then a few miles more and, FWAP!!! A small bat...YES, A BAT!!!...hit me just above the visor/on the forehead area of my helmet!!!
There was only one time I've encountered bats on a motorcycle, a few years ago coming home from Leesburg through the Green Swamp preserve area. They were flying all over and I was, literally, ducking my head behind the windscreen.

Made it home after that but...it's getting to be that time of year when the critters come out. I don't normally ride in the dark but when I do I'm ALWAYS scanning!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode